[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
D3m0n0 wrote:

I can't find in PoB a difference in Dps between the two...
Need some advice would you guys recommend to switch to the latter , although is only +1?
How much of a QoL/DPS loss this is ?

In terms of QoL loss, have you tried running with it? Personally I ran +1 pierce on my gloves (and still do, even with the +2 on boots). I like the clear and I'm not missing the damage.

You won't see any DPS change in PoB since it tests vs a single target whether it be regular monster or a boss, so there's no single target DPS loss whatsoever. There is a 100% dps loss vs the monster standing behind the guy who ate your final pierce, though that's up to you to see if you notice or not :D

Personally I ran high life single-pierce boots with pierce gloves for a long while until I rolled some +2.
Last edited by Brutalextremez on Feb 10, 2021, 10:17:10 AM
Hey all,

Just finished A10 and jumped into low tier reds. Struggling a bit already with survivability. I followed the guide to a tee and have the exact build as recommended in the "Budget build" section with the exception I jumped a bit ahead and got a Kaoms.

My main issue is my totems are dying too quick, especially during events like Rituals. Is there an easy bandaid fix for this? Maybe i'm just not used to playing totems in maps (only leveled with it so far) so maybe I'm playing it wrong. The one "Kitava" boss (cant remember what map name it is) absolutely fucking rocked me.

I don't have Berserk yet because the Lethal Pride jewel we need is 40c, I feel like I'm lacking single target damage. Any suggestions?

My character is "ACoolGuy" on my characters page.
Last edited by Karved on Feb 11, 2021, 1:52:59 AM
"
Karved wrote:
Hey all,

Just finished A10 and jumped into low tier reds. Struggling a bit already with survivability. I followed the guide to a tee and have the exact build as recommended in the "Budget build" section with the exception I jumped a bit ahead and got a Kaoms.

My main issue is my totems are dying too quick, especially during events like Rituals. Is there an easy bandaid fix for this? Maybe i'm just not used to playing totems in maps (only leveled with it so far) so maybe I'm playing it wrong. The one "Kitava" boss (cant remember what map name it is) absolutely fucking rocked me.

I don't have Berserk yet because the Lethal Pride jewel we need is 40c, I feel like I'm lacking single target damage. Any suggestions?

My character is "ACoolGuy" on my characters page.

Just from glancing over what you have.
You are missing 3 things:

1. Skitterbots
2. Levels on character
3. Levels on gems

And that's it :)

Yeah I'm definitely under leveled. I'll have to rearrange an item to get skitters equipped but it sounds like it'd be worth it. Thanks for the advice!
I am pretty much done upgrading gear for this build. I feel i have nice balance between dps and defense. My main goal is get corrupted kaom and frostferno so I can reach around 2 m dps. Not sure how much dps per totem I have right now. I messes up my pob too lazy to fix it. 3 main goals for now: new kaom, new frostferno and 36 challenges.
"
I am pretty much done upgrading gear for this build. I feel i have nice balance between dps and defense. My main goal is get corrupted kaom and frostferno so I can reach around 2 m dps. Not sure how much dps per totem I have right now. I messes up my pob too lazy to fix it. 3 main goals for now: new kaom, new frostferno and 36 challenges.

Just an idea.

If you are not very attached to phase run, you could do the following:

Drop Phase run.
Move flame dash to where phase run is.
Add enlighten lvl 4.

Option 1:
Change the ring to unset.
Fit in precision

Option 2:
No clue if your mana will allow (with enlighten) you but you might be able to fit in aspect of the cat or avian.

Btw: if you want -9 to non channeling, pm me in game - will craft it for you.
Last edited by bartpio on Feb 11, 2021, 5:11:01 AM
"
bartpio wrote:
"

Just an idea.

Drop Phase run.
Add enlighten lvl 4.

Option 1:
Fit in precision

Option 2:
No clue if your mana will allow (with enlighten) you but you might be able to fit in aspect of the cat or avian.

I did put this in pob. It will make me have 8 mana left. Which means i need to harvest craft elemental dmg on 1 ring then bench craft -9 on both rings. That make elemental hit cost 6 mana. Will consider.
I tried out Elementalist fireball ignite for a bit and it just feels shit compared to this, even with much better gear, but hey, at least i doubled my currency selling the ignite gear again.

Now i just need to figure out where to update this from here. My rings could use an update. I got some better gloves and found a decent quiver.

The fact that i can also do fairly juiced T16 maps on this budget is amazing.
Last edited by Hemanse on Feb 11, 2021, 3:18:46 PM
"
bartpio wrote:
"

Just an idea.

Drop Phase run.
Add enlighten lvl 4.

Option 1:
Fit in precision

Option 2:

This might be expensive but with Harvest in core he can also go for a +2 amulet BUT instead of using the classic Hunter+Warlord replace one of them for Redeemer (+1 Cold Prefix of course) . This allow to hunt the 20-25% reduced mana reserved for Grace suffix. Might be enough to include Flesh of stone for example?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
"
kikeuy wrote:

This might be expensive but with Harvest in core he can also go for a +2 amulet BUT instead of using the classic Hunter+Warlord replace one of them for Redeemer (+1 Cold Prefix of course) . This allow to hunt the 20-25% reduced mana reserved for Grace suffix. Might be enough to include Flesh of stone for example?

This is for end game maybe. The loss of the dps right now would be too big.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info