[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Kaevar wrote:
Question to Chieftain/Raider Ascendant builds. How do you deal with mana? I need to go Blood Magic route, forgoing Skitterbots. Mana based, I dont have capability to spam totems and other skills. Ring -9 mana cost are really expensie and even if I would have one, it doesn't feel like it would solve the problem

If you can balance your resist, take away the Malachai's Artifice and use a -8 mana Praxis(It's just 1c), ideally with as high mana flat regen(Ranges from 3 to 6) you can find.

I am doing fine with both Grace + Summon Skitterbot turned on and also a Level 2 Clarity(Linked to Blood Magic) wearing a Praxis Ring

Probably able to do without the Clarity, but since I have extra gem sockets due to not using Kaom's Heart yet, I just use Clarity for now.

The Praxis Ring has been MVP for me ever since I bought it when I was level 30+.

"
thomzon wrote:
Small question about the Chieftain part. For the 20% chance to cover in ash, do our totem inherit that also ? Or should we spam Frenzy on big targets to ensure it procs ?

Our totems will do the job, no need to worry about proccing it ourselves

"
thomzon wrote:
Also, does someone play with Power Charge on Crit ? I feel it is not up enough to warrant the used link.

It's basically an "Optional" Gem. If you have better use for your gem slot, switch it out for that gem :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Thanks Vei,

I'll wait to have filled my crit chance nodes and see if it becomes more sustainable, otherwise I'll probably change it.
Hi, i see that "Elemental Hit" gives chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite.

Why run skitterbots then?

"
mariano0928 wrote:
Hi, i see that "Elemental Hit" gives chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite.

Why run skitterbots then?

If we don't deal any cold damage, we can't chill/freeze, likewise, no lightning damage means we can't shock.

We only deal Fire Damage.

"
thomzon wrote:
Thanks Vei,

I'll wait to have filled my crit chance nodes and see if it becomes more sustainable, otherwise I'll probably change it.

You are welcome :)

"
Vei wrote:
"
Kaevar wrote:
Question to Chieftain/Raider Ascendant builds. How do you deal with mana? I need to go Blood Magic route, forgoing Skitterbots. Mana based, I dont have capability to spam totems and other skills. Ring -9 mana cost are really expensie and even if I would have one, it doesn't feel like it would solve the problem

If you can balance your resist, take away the Malachai's Artifice and use a -8 mana Praxis(It's just 1c), ideally with as high mana flat regen(Ranges from 3 to 6) you can find.

I am doing fine with both Grace + Summon Skitterbot turned on and also a Level 2 Clarity(Linked to Blood Magic) wearing a Praxis Ring

Probably able to do without the Clarity, but since I have extra gem sockets due to not using Kaom's Heart yet, I just use Clarity for now.

The Praxis Ring has been MVP for me ever since I bought it when I was level 30+.

"
thomzon wrote:
Small question about the Chieftain part. For the 20% chance to cover in ash, do our totem inherit that also ? Or should we spam Frenzy on big targets to ensure it procs ?

Our totems will do the job, no need to worry about proccing it ourselves

"
thomzon wrote:
Also, does someone play with Power Charge on Crit ? I feel it is not up enough to warrant the used link.

It's basically an "Optional" Gem. If you have better use for your gem slot, switch it out for that gem :)

I just wanted to thank you for this post, it really helped me.
After reading this and checking your current character I replaced my Tabula, got my Unique Helm, changed Flasks and added some gems, now I'm slapping even harder and have more survivability! Also don't have to worry about mana anymore, feels really nice =D
Last edited by lillbrorsan on Jan 20, 2021, 5:07:15 PM
"
lillbrorsan wrote:

I just wanted to thank you for this post, it really helped me.
After reading this and checking your current character I replaced my Tabula, got my Unique Helm, changed Flasks and added some gems, now I'm slapping even harder and have more survivability! Also don't have to worry about mana anymore, feels really nice =D

That's awesome!

Great to hear that the info helped you make the necessary adjustments to solve the mana issues. :)

Have fun!

Cheers

So I just got my BB Chieftain to end-game but the playstyle is extremely clunky and I hate it, luckily he does insane dps so it works.

I want to play a totem build so bad but everyone is saying heiro nerf etc not worth.

I also see 3 builds.. Elemental hit ballista, freezing pulse totem and then divine ire totem... what's the difference and are they all viable?

Specifically talking about this one you guys run and divine ire.
This topic about ele hit. don't sure that someone tried another totems this league...
from my experience(I've played only two - EH and FP)
FP can freeze but EH is much more speedy during map clear, and with double corrupted Frostferno damage is really nice.
but be aware, playing hard mods - your totems can be destroyed, so you have to place it all the time(eg. Atziri with Possessed Foe prophecy, got wrecked all my totems in 1sec)
Last edited by RawDamage on Jan 20, 2021, 7:25:53 PM
Slow start for me. Just got Sirus 5. Too many connection issues right now. I am hoping it will improve.

Sirus 5

The Heiro seems to be working fine so far. I decided to craft -5 mana on my rings and amulet for now. It is all I have for Elreon Craft.

Spoiler
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
Did anybody test different amulet anointments? I am hesitating between Shamanistic Fury and Whispers of Doom. The second seems nice way to apply both Snipers Mark and Flammability to bosses, but not sure if it is worth it, versus simple totem damage improvement

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info