[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Vei wrote:
P.S. I'll write up the Chieftain one tomorrow, doesn't seems to have much discussion/interest on Chieftain so far.

Hi Vei, and thanks for the guide, would love to get that info about chieftain, because I think that could be a great alternative as a starter build.

Thanks to everyone , love to see how many ideas lots of people have been contributing
"
nathlar wrote:
"
Vei wrote:
P.S. I'll write up the Chieftain one tomorrow, doesn't seems to have much discussion/interest on Chieftain so far.

Hi Vei, and thanks for the guide, would love to get that info about chieftain, because I think that could be a great alternative as a starter build.

Thanks to everyone , love to see how many ideas lots of people have been contributing

No problem! I'll work on it first thing tomorrow! :)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Hi guys,

I been fooling around with the pob for the templar and when I remove the combat focus jewels the dps skyrockets. I was wondering why that is and why you are using it if that's the case. I know you only want fire damage but removing them seems to up the dps of everything. I'm a noob so I'm probably not understanding something here.
"
Jaey wrote:
Hi guys,

I been fooling around with the pob for the templar and when I remove the combat focus jewels the dps skyrockets. I was wondering why that is and why you are using it if that's the case. I know you only want fire damage but removing them seems to up the dps of everything. I'm a noob so I'm probably not understanding something here.

Note how you have an additional Drop down in PoB in the left panel, below the "Main Skill", where you can chose the relevant Element for EleHit. In our case it is set to "Fire". So PoB show you the DPS for Fire hits only.

The Jewels have "...deals 50% less lightning damage" and "deals 50% less cold damage".

A percentage of our lightning and cold dmg gets converted to fire. So by having less lightning/cold dmg there is less dmg to be converted to fire. BUT: Removing the jewels would mean that the element for every shot is randomly chosen. It could as well be lightning or cold. And since we scale our damage by making use of things like "Combustion" or "Flammability" we definitely want the hit to be fire damage.

It is correct, that when you take the Jewels out, the the DPS for your fire(!) hits would be greater - which is why you see the number in PoB growing. But only every third hit would be a fire hit so overall you'd be douing a lot less dmg.

I hope this gives you a slight idea of the mechanic.. EleHit is not so easy to understand for a beginner with all the damage conversions. I would know, because my very first build was EleHit as well.
Hi! Just checking in to this thread. I want to thank you Vei for maintaining and evolving this great build, also for your commitment and I´m looking forward following the ongoing discussions. I think I´m leaning to Raider for Ritual!

I just want to mention that I experimented quite a lot in heist league and came up with some nice takes with replica farruls, enhance level 4 with some extra auras and ensnaring arrow (instead of frenzy) + some cluster jewels. I did however actually end Heist with quite similar setup as to your guide because it was simply better allaround (Kaoms extra hp etc)!

Keep up the great work :)
"
Vei wrote:
"
nathlar wrote:
"
Vei wrote:

No problem! I'll work on it first thing tomorrow! :)

Hi.
I called the big QOL nerf when they changed the Rallyng cry gem on my guide back when 3.11 changes where announced. To make things worse , Chainbreaker also take your increased mana regen.
I tried my lvl 100 Chief from 3.10 on Standar and while the crazy dmg is still there it feels AWFUL to play without the mana ring/amulet craft.
Early game until you get your mana mods I recommend disabling Skitterbots and swap 4 skill points to spec Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction(respec those 4 points after you get the mana craft). Also you can only have Haste or Grace so you have to disable one of them too.
With those 2 keystones you also get 2x10% inc max life on the way so you end with 5% inc max life per point spent + the benefits of not having mana problems , even on No Regen maps.

Things I've tried with that setup(granted , the character is lvl 100 with very good gear)
-Guardians from Shaper and Elder
-Elder
-Shaper
-a t13 no mods Cassia map
-Uber Elder

Everything die very quick , even more so , I got metamorph Hydra and Phoenix and they die instantly when you use Berserk.

So I think that with decent gear you should be fine even without the mana craft.
With barely functional gear(+ Chainbreaker) and enough character and gem level and boss knowledge most everything should be doable too(up to Sirus 7 should be deathless unless you make a big mistake).
Sirus 8 and Uber Elder are not easy without enough gear and character level , you need boss mechanics knowlegde and doing the fight correctly.
Once you get your mana craft you can enable again Skitterbots and get a Precision crit multi Watcher Eye and get some big dmg boost.

Another thing that came to my head is using Lioneye's Glare since the new Far Shot looks insane (also Hits cant be evaded , you dont need any accuracy) but as Chief it is kinda anti-sinergy with Arohongui. I might try it at some point anyway.

Thats for now, good luck on the new league everyone!

Edit: farmed the fragments and gone fight Uber Elder.https://youtu.be/IItQZMQ5r8E
1 stupid death but killed them w/o Skitterbots(no shock , no chill) and no Precision multi crit Watcher's Eye. In fact I left the tree almost the same as it was at the end of 3.10 so I also was using 4 points on an almost pointless Mob Mentality cluster jewel ,only changed to the Chainbreaker Jewel , Ralliyng cry and Molten Shell to Enduring cry and Immortal Call and swap on some points to get Mortal Conviction.
Chief EH RAT will be fine on 3.13!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2844110
Last edited by kikeuy on Jan 13, 2021, 9:42:58 PM
Vei, thanks for the inspiration to go Raider! Im loving my current PoB more and more.

After more testing I think I got the way to level Ranger. CA/TR to 28 and then Explosive Arrow Ballistas until you can get Tabula + 2x Combat Focus & Splinter Jewels. EA Ballistas just shred through everything if you get an early Quill Rain/Storm Cloud/Silverbranch and with Ritual I think one of those will be easy to find, especially since Storm Cloud/Silver are very common drops.

This way I can skill the Ballista nodes before moving towards Ancestral Bond/Avatar and its damn fast. Anyway thats it from me, maybe it helps someone to level their Ranger Variant!
"
arctuz51 wrote:
Vei, thanks for the inspiration to go Raider! Im loving my current PoB more and more.

After more testing I think I got the way to level Ranger. CA/TR to 28 and then Explosive Arrow Ballistas until you can get Tabula + 2x Combat Focus & Splinter Jewels. EA Ballistas just shred through everything if you get an early Quill Rain/Storm Cloud/Silverbranch and with Ritual I think one of those will be easy to find, especially since Storm Cloud/Silver are very common drops.

This way I can skill the Ballista nodes before moving towards Ancestral Bond/Avatar and its damn fast. Anyway thats it from me, maybe it helps someone to level their Ranger Variant!

I also have thought of EA totem ... I think it will coincide with EH's path until there are 2 jewel, frostferno ...
I'm also in favor of Raider because when you fight Maven, you will have to fight a lot of bosses ...

So far I was wondering between Hiero and Raider (adding Chieftain again)
1. Hiero: basic build, max totem, great mana and rage recovery..But the defense is not good!
2. Raider: fast and furius ... I'm really interested in having Onslaught and Phasing all the time. Because my habit is to put the totem, then rush into monsters before they get shot by totem, get stuck and die if playing Hiero ... Living ranger is easy for me, but mana and rage regeneration is a big deal!
3. Chieftain: I made living and endgame Sirius 6 easy with burning arrow (5 link xoph bow, kaom, malachai ring) If I choose button Mortal of conviction then I don't have to worry about mana ...

But I think I need to listen to everyone's opinions about Chieftain as well as make a final choice about which class will startleague! (Note: Scion will not be able to select until act3)
Last edited by Banhmithitzz on Jan 13, 2021, 9:33:19 PM
Frankly I don't see much advantage on Chieftain over Scion. The main advantage of chieftain is the leech, we get that from Scion with I think very similar damage output. Also with Scion we can reach almos Evasion and Dodge cap, not sure if that is true for pure Chieftain.

Vei, I was looking at the Raider PoB, and it seems disabling Grace still leaves us at evasion cap. So it actually does almost nothing for us.
We can then get rid of it, unless I'm missing something obvious.
Can be replaced by either Anger (most damage), or Precision (good damage and maybe better Watcher's Eye mods), or Vitality. Or by nothing to give our mana pool breathing room until we get the jewelry crafts.
"
thomzon wrote:
Frankly I don't see much advantage on Chieftain over Scion. The main advantage of chieftain is the leech, we get that from Scion with I think very similar damage output. Also with Scion we can reach almos Evasion and Dodge cap, not sure if that is true for pure Chieftain.

Vei, I was looking at the Raider PoB, and it seems disabling Grace still leaves us at evasion cap. So it actually does almost nothing for us.
We can then get rid of it, unless I'm missing something obvious.
Can be replaced by either Anger (most damage), or Precision (good damage and maybe better Watcher's Eye mods), or Vitality. Or by nothing to give our mana pool breathing room until we get the jewelry crafts.

Flesh and stone ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info