[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Ahewaz wrote:
To comment about the Mana Regen. Both the Scion (Chieftain / Raider) & pure Raider had mana issues till I got the 2 rings with -9 to mana. Once I got the rings, both were easy to play. I never carried a mana pot or had mana issues.

Spoiler

EDIT: So I took my Heiro and added it to the 3.13 POB.

Is there anything turned off in that PoB compared to Vei's? It shows only 1.2M DPS per totem.

Overall, I think I'm going with Ascendant (CHieftain/?). For second I am debating Raider for some stability vs Hiero for 1 more totem and better DPS. Overall Ascendant seems to provide more than enough DPS for almost any content and still supports defense with totem Life Leech (which IMO will be crucial for Maven boss arena).
is -9 mana ring easy to get at beginning of the league?
"
Kaevar wrote:
"
Ahewaz wrote:
To comment about the Mana Regen. Both the Scion (Chieftain / Raider) & pure Raider had mana issues till I got the 2 rings with -9 to mana. Once I got the rings, both were easy to play. I never carried a mana pot or had mana issues.

Spoiler

EDIT: So I took my Heiro and added it to the 3.13 POB.

Is there anything turned off in that PoB compared to Vei's? It shows only 1.2M DPS per totem.

Overall, I think I'm going with Ascendant (CHieftain/?). For second I am debating Raider for some stability vs Hiero for 1 more totem and better DPS. Overall Ascendant seems to provide more than enough DPS for almost any content and still supports defense with totem Life Leech (which IMO will be crucial for Maven boss arena).

I do not turn anything "on". I just copy it from the upload. Sorry, I am not an expert on PoB. Maybe Vei can look at it and see if anything is missing.
I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
ReVaTio wrote:

Vei posted on how to get a -9 ring. The answer is under my name.

Summary
Spoiler

"
I have some tips for this that might help:

1. Buy a Kalandra's Craft prophecy. Before choosing the options(Interrogate, Kill, Bargain, etc) of Elreon when you encounter him, use the Kalandra's Craft Prophecy then select your option. There's a chance the prophecy will proc and Elreon might drop 4 of his Jewellery. If the prophecy doesn't proc, go back to hideout to seal the prophecy so it don't get wasted on other Syndicate Members or Monsters.

2. Look for someone to help craft it, not from people advertising in the in game trade chat(That's too risky) but in the community forums, the ones with good reputations, with lots of vouches in their Thread.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/communities

Alternatively, if you use discord, you can also join the Forbidden Trove Discord to look for Reputable people that are selling Benchcrafting services.

https://discord.com/invite/tftrove

Note that for the above 2, when you are at the crafter's hideout, Pay Attention to the name that you are trading your item to and make sure it's the crafter's. Sometimes there are some bad guys that stay in the crafter's hideout and trade unknowing people into passing their item to them.

3. This one requires you to have Aisling in Research

If you happen to have an Elreon's Ring/Amulet with the Elreon affix(Not the incursion Xopec Affix)

It also has to have 3 suffix already, if not it's a 50/50 chance. and note that the affix must be gotten through unveiling.

Use the bench to remove the crafted "Non-Channelling Skills have -* to Total Mana" then use Aisling Research Bench Craft on the item which will create an unveiled mod on it and this guaranteed to be a prefix one since the item already has 3 suffixes.

When you try to unveil the item again, it should have "Non-Channelling Skills have -* to Total Mana" as one of the options for unveil. I haven't personally try this but I saw this tip from 2 popular twitch streamer/youtuber so I believe it works.

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
ReVaTio wrote:

Short answer: not really. You have to farm a shit ton of maps with Jun(Sydicate) missions. Or buy Elreon veiled rings from trade.

@Ahewaz: Thanks for sharing all your test results. I feel reinforced to stay with Hiero for league start. Maybe try something else after accumulating some currency.

"
Kaevar wrote:

Alright, turned Ahewaz's POB on: https://pastebin.com/jiYSLQvS
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Jan 13, 2021, 2:11:54 PM
Looking to league start with this. Wondering if someone could chime in on how this build(say ascendant version with chieftain/raider) compares with a siege ballista iron commander build as far as dps and survivability goes? Not very knowledgable myself but from what I read, if siege ballista gem change is +1 or +2 to totems placed instead of max totems, then thats a solid build as well with likely higher dps. Love playing totems so definitely looking forward to it. Thanks for the guide Vei and all others who've shared so much info in last few days!
So if anyone is interested in Ranger leveling, I tried another run and tbh it feels pretty great, way better than Scion with HFT imo, but I do hate Scion as league starter since its so slow.

I used CA together with Shrapnel Ballista (+Pierce and Maim) until lvl 12, then switched CA to TR for Bosses. Passive-wise I went to Watchtower first (not the crit nodes, the other side instead), then Pointblank and Panopticon to focus on the Ballistas.

Pretty smooth leveling experience, Ballistas+TR only needed for Act Endbosses. Switched to Artillery Ballista after Gravicious and oh boy does the build take off at that point. Artillery-EDWA-Vicious Proj (didnt get a 4L with the correct colors until now but 4th link would be combustion or conc effect) and now im in A4 after ~1h40m, which I think is decent considering I never played Ranger Totems before and had to figure out which Ballistas to use lol.

Scaling is also great since you can easily craft Phys Bows with the Vendor Recipe+Sewer Bench Craft. Im farily certain the Artillery Ballistas will last until early maps where I can switch to EH.

Personally, I think will go Raider since the leveling is smooth and its only my league starter build, i.e. I will not invest in Might of the Meek or other Ascendant options, but rather level a different build later on for bossing.

Edit: Also has great movement speed with the Watchtower Bonus with 5 Ballistas and Haste Aura at lvl 24, gotta zoom zoom!
Last edited by arctuz51 on Jan 13, 2021, 12:47:58 PM
"
elegar wrote:
compares with a siege ballista iron commander build as far as dps and survivability goes? Not very knowledgable myself but from what I read, if siege ballista gem change is +1 or +2 to totems placed instead of max totems, then thats a solid build as well with likely higher dps.

I wonder about this as well. Im waiting for gems reveal to confirm if it is +1 to max to to placed totems. I was thinking of Siege Ballista Chieftain with 100% fire conversion (Chieftain passive + Avatar of Fire)
The below leveling guide is not meant for people planning to rush to maps in the shortest time but for people who need some idea and don't mind a slower casual one.

This is meant to be used in conjuction with Hiero's "08. Passive Tree Progression" and "09. Leveling Guide" in the main guide

The main purpose for the Leveling Part is to show how to get the Holy Flame Totem Setup running plus a bit of Act 2 and 3, outside of this please refer to "09. Leveling Guide" on other things mentioned like how to make the Fire Wand, etc)

For the Passive Tree Part, it is to guide the Initial Direction to take and then follow the rest in "08. Passive Tree Progression".

Ranger/Scion/Marauder Leveling

- Create a Templar(Yeah)
- Kill Hillock
- Go into Town
- Take Purifying Flame from Tarkleigh
- Take Waypoint of The Coast
- Go kill Hailrake, Go Town, Get 1st gem Infused Channelling as reward, buy 2nd gem Summon Phantasm from Nessa for 1 Wisdom Scroll
- Take TP to The Coast
- Go Mud Flats Click the 3 Rhoa Nest then find and put the 3 Glyphs, then go back to town and get 3rd gem Holy Flame Totem
- Put everything in stash
- Say goodbye to Long Neck Bald Head

- Create Ranger/Scion/Marauder
- Level with whatever skill you chosen until Level 4 then start using HFT

Later Cage Brute Quest will reward Scion and Marauder(Ranger will have to buy from nessa with 1 Orb of Transmutation) with Added Fire Damage as the 4th Gem to use

1) Holy Flame Totem
2) Summon Phantasm
3) Infused Channelling
4) Added Fire Damage

These 4 gem is actually enough for casual leveling as long we do the "Fire Damage to Spells Wands" at level 8(1 x wand) and level 20(2 x wand) craft + buy the 2 x level 40+ Wands

Marauder has the option to purchase Combustion from Nessa after Cage Brute Quest is completed for 1 Orb of Transmutation. Go for it if you

- Want more DPS by replacing the Summon Phantasm with Combustion
- have the 5th Gem Slot for HFT setup
- if you want to level it earlier for Elemental Hit

Sorry no luck for Ranger/Scion until Siosa at Act 3.

Unfortunately, all 3 won't have access to Clarity until Siosa

Act 2

So meanwhile since we have no Clarity, just use Mana Flask to sustain Mana for now. Later in Act 2 we will get Survival Secrets from Quest Reward which we will go for a Jewel Socket to insert it, plus we will help Alira so these 2 will give us a total of 8 Flat Mana Regen per sec which helps with HFT casting.

Scion will have the option to purchase Elemental Focus for 1 Orb of Alteration after Sharp and Cruel quest is completed, this can either be used as the 5th Gem or to Replace the Summon Phantasm if you prefer more DPS in the HFT setup. Unfortunately Ranger and Marauder have no access to Elemental Focus until Siosa.

Act 3

When we reach Siosa we will buy Clarity and start using it. Ranger might want to buy a second one if following my comments base on these 2 links

Link 1: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581/page/16#p23754336
Link 2: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581/page/16#p23754694

Also buy the other gems you need from Siosa. Refer to "9.3 Buying Skill Gems from Vendor during Leveling" on what gems you are missing from Act 1-3 that you need.

For the remaining its mostly the same as in "09. Leveling Guide" just that Gems are shuffled around, some we have access to from vendor, some not.

In Act 6, you can buy all the gems you are missing from Act 4-6 from Lily Roth.

Passive Tree

Ranger - We will head straight 1st to Ancestral Bond from Ranger Starting Area(Yeah super long boring start), along the way, to the right of Vaal Pact Keystone, take the +30 Int Notable which helps to let us level the Int Gems as Ranger doesn't have much access to Int until the top left of the Passive Tree. If you need Str, buy a Heavy Belt, that will give 25-35 Str and it should be enough until you start taking the +10 Str Small Passives. Alternatively, if your items has +Int/+Str on them or by benchcrafting(15-20 Str or Int at Level 12, cost 1 Orb of Augmentation) you can skip them. Then go for Avatar of Fire, after which is Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics

For the remaining its mostly the same as in "08. Passive Tree Progression".

Scion - We will head straight 1st to Ancestral Bond from Starting Area, however travel by the Left Path below the Scion starting area which is the 3 Resist first, those are more helpful compared to the Projectile Damage on the right and can be respeced off later. If you need Int, buy a Lapis Amulet, that will give 20-30 Int. Later on when you passes the Ancestral Knowledge Keystone, take it, it helps a lot on Gem and Wand Int requirements. It can be respecced off in the future when the Int is no longer needed.

After taking Ancestral Bond, go For Totemic Zeal Notable, the placement speed is pretty helpful at the start. It will be respecced off after we start using Might of the Meek as that will void it.

After this, go for Avatar of Fire, then Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics.

Marauder - We will head straight 1st to Ancestral Bond from Marauder Starting Area by going north from Heart of the Warrior, then turning left at the Crossroad before the Combat Stamina Notable. After we get Ancestral Bond, we will then go Avatar of Fire, then Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics

My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Apr 18, 2021, 11:03:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info