[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

So guys, I updated my "My plans for 3.13 and what to expect going forward and FAQ" above but I'll put it here so people don't miss out:

Ascendancy Choices

Hierophant - If you want highest total DPS(Because 7 Max Totem) + Life/Mana/Placement Speed Quality of Life (Recommended Option)

Ascendant(Chieftain/Hiero)** - If you want 2nd highest total DPS(Because 7 Max Totem) + Life Leech and with customization options(In terms of Gear/Ascendancy "shuffling") (Not Recommended)

Ascendant(Chieftain/Raider) - If you want Good Defense + with Life Leech and with customization options(In terms of Gear/Ascendancy "shuffling") (OP's Choice Pick)

Chieftain - If you want Good Defense and/or Offense + with Life Leech and not looking to invest so much like Ascendant. (Recommended Option)

Raider - If you like Max 95 Evade/75 Dodge/75 Spell Dodge but don't mind pressing and carrying 2-3 Life Flask (Not Recommended if you don't want a hard life)

**This combination has a bad interaction which is the Ascendant's Hiero option has the "Divine Guidance Mind over Matter effect" which means if we stand on those damage over time piles of fire/poison say in delve, our mana will be sucked dry and unable to cast totems(Have to stay out of those piles).
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Jan 22, 2021, 7:59:25 PM
"
Kaevar wrote:
"
arctuz51 wrote:
I rushed the Farsight and Heavy Draw Notables for that little bit of DoT increase.

I assume if going for EH+Quill, those notables would be temporary at best? They don't seem to give much for EH build

Farsight is actually in the Raider PoB that Vei posted (I assume the accuracy is the main reason there). Heavy Draw is temporary for me yes. Maybe not even needed, depending on how viable the Ballistas are to level with, but I will def try it out before Friday.
Last edited by arctuz51 on Jan 13, 2021, 6:16:23 AM
"
Vei wrote:
So guys, I updated my "My plans for 3.13 and what to expect going forward and FAQ" above but I'll put it here so people don't miss out:

Ascendant(Chieftain/Raider) - If you want Good Defense + with Life Leech and with customization options(In terms of Gear/Ascendancy "shuffling")

Hello. Can i ask about this build?

1) We can generate frenzy charges from frenzy. But end. charges only from edn.cry as chif-raider ascendant?
2) Then Is it worth to drop enduring cry (and call to arms) and take Vaal Pact for 2k+ leech?
3) Is there possibility to make 6-link in endgame for more DPS or +4 from frostferno give us more DPS then 2 additional supports like fire pen and multi totems for QOL or something else? (Or +2 links in tabula before we can get frostferno)
4) Is there any posts in scion section with this build?

Thanks a lot and sry if bad english (using google translate)
Last edited by unne on Jan 13, 2021, 7:15:36 AM
"
Vei wrote:

Hierophant - If you want highest total DPS(Because 7 Max Totem) + Life/Mana/Placement Speed Quality of Life

Is it really highest DPS ?
on Deadeye we loose 1 totem, so like 15 %.
But we gain like 60% attack speed ?

I am not so sure Hiero is better ...
"
unne wrote:
1) We can generate frenzy charges from frenzy. But end. charges only from edn.cry as chif-raider ascendant?

Hello!

Yes that is correct

"
unne wrote:
2) Then Is it worth to drop enduring cry (and call to arms) and take Vaal Pact for 2k+ leech?

From a first look I think it's a great idea, might need to look in depth to see if it will break anything though, for now the disadvantage is we won't get the Life Regen from Chieftain Ascendacy and Golem's Blood plus no Enduring Cry/Endurance Charge which I think it's probably a fine tradeoff for double the life leech.

"
unne wrote:
3) Is there possibility to make 6-link in endgame for more DPS or +4 from frostferno give us more DPS then 2 additional supports like fire pen or something else? (Or +2 links in tabula before we can get frostferno)

I can't say I have did a lot of research into 6 Links because this build is base around Frostferno which doesn't require a 6 Link thus easy to "assemble"

So far base on my test I have done, I haven't manage to get any good results(as in better than +2 Frostferno) from any 6 Link setup(Either Armour or Bow).

But I won't count out the possibility of a 6 Link being better, just that it's not likely that I will be the one to find that out since I don't like needing to make a 6 Link for a build.

"
unne wrote:
4) Is there any posts in scion section with this build?

Sorry no Scion Section, maybe in 3.14 XD. The only thing Scion here is the Pastebin I did:

https://pastebin.com/RDiFi5KZ

Cheers

"
bartpio wrote:
"
Vei wrote:

Hierophant - If you want highest total DPS(Because 7 Max Totem) + Life/Mana/Placement Speed Quality of Life

May I know how you get the 60% attack speed? Looked through the new Deadeye Ascendancy Tree, but can't find anything. Is it through Tailwind's Action Speed?

The thing is if it's Action Speed, I am not sure if Totem will inherit that.

There was a bug which someone tested the action speed buff from Harbinger summoned from The Torrent's Reclamation and found that it doesn't affect totems(Although it affect minions)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2859656/page/7#p23418482

and he posted a Bug Report(Link below) and got a GGG answer saying they will look into it but so far I didn't keep track and am not sure if there's any updates on it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2916515/page/1#p23431558

So I am kind of not counting on Tailwind/Action Speed for anything(Except Gale Force's Damage Reduction) unless someone can verify it's working for totems.

"
Vei wrote:
"
unne wrote:

Hello!

Cheers

Thanks. Already got this pob as base. I'll try this build without cry and with vaal pact.
I test this in pob with 6-links vs frostferno and frostferno better if there is no +1/2 item with 6-link
Last edited by unne on Jan 13, 2021, 7:59:17 AM
"
Vei wrote:
"
bartpio wrote:
"
Vei wrote:

May I know how you get the 60% attack speed? Looked through the new Deadeye Ascendancy Tree, but can't find anything. Is it through Tailwind's Action Speed?

I think maybe he meant Raider and the buffed Onslaught? I was thinking about that one as well
"
Kaevar wrote:
"
Vei wrote:
"
bartpio wrote:

I think maybe he meant Raider and the buffed Onslaught? I was thinking about that one as well

Ok in this case the difference between the Old Raider and New Raider Ascendancy Tree is just 50% increased Onslaught effect and that is equal to 10% Attack Speed. I am very confident that won't win +1 Max Totems. :D

Vei, what is weird is that you say Hiero is highest damage, but:
- Your Hiero PoB gives about 1M DPS per totem, for 7 totem that's about 7M DPS
- Your Raider PoB gives about 1.7M DPS per totem, for 6 totems that's about 10.2M DPS

So how come you say Hiero is highest DPS ? Cause gear looks the same, and 3 levels can't make that huge a difference ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info