[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

+1 to Level of all Dexterity Skill Gems
+1 to Level of all Fire Skill Gems

Costs so damn much I guess ill skip that for now and just focus on leveling.

How much investment would I need to do all maps fast?
Last edited by wotad on Aug 25, 2021, 9:33:04 PM
"
wotad wrote:

The +2 amulet is not a significant improvement to DPS, its a medium-low priority upgrade. Just go for High Crit Multi (235%+) Marylene's Fallacy, hard to beat the DPS it gives for its few chaos cost.

For the best Bang for Buck in terms of DPS upgrade, refer to 26. Item Upgrade Priority section of the guide. There I have sorted what upgrades to go for base on the value(DPS/Defense/Utility) they give for their cost from the top to bottom.

"
wotad wrote:

Fast is very subjective, everyone has different preference, playstyle, experience, requirements, budget, etc. What's fast for me might be ultra slow for you.

I know it sounds weird for me to say all this but from my conversation with you in the game, I have a feeling that you might be wanting something(Zoom Zoom, Great DPS, and other Good Stuffs) that is at the level of a Meta Build and this build might not provide what you are looking for.

With that in mind, I just thought that you might want to consider other builds out there before deciding to invest more into this build.

I am sure we all want to play a build that suits us best and I also hope that if you took up this build, it will suit you well, which I am feeling it might not at the moment.

Regards

"
Hoya63 wrote:
I’ve been thinking about the lightning golem EE discussions.

Normally minions cannot proc EE and both golems and skitterbots are considered minions. Totems on the other hand can proc EE.

One thread says that EE is on the passive tree, and the passive tree does not apply to minions unless explicitly stated that it does.

However, the EE on the Malachi ring does not originate in the passive tree, and it explicitly grants EE to the socketed gem.

This is correct.

"
Hoya63 wrote:
So in this case it looks like a socketed minion gem can proc it. If so, the skitterbots can proc
I find the lightning golem lags behind a lot and dies often. By putting skitterbots in the ring, you get advanced EE procs over a wide range and they are indestructible. You also free up a socket (Immortal Cry ?) I noticed when I was using skitterbots to proc flammability early on that monsters were broadly cursed before the totems got to them.

Granted you lose the increased attack speed of the LG, but that seems minor compared to the range of the skitterbots.
If you’re relying on cold damage, one skitterbot would apply cold, which would increase cold resistance.

Elemental Equilibrium says "Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage"

Unfortunately, Summon Skitterbot doesn't hit with Elemental Damage but just provide a Cold and Lightning Aura which doesn't do any damage so that doesn't trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

"
Hoya63 wrote:
My +2 implicit is fire so cold damage is not an issue compared to decreased fire resistance.

I just thought you might not be clear on how the build works so I'll explain a bit.

The + 2 Fire(Or Cold/Lightning/Projectile/AoE) implicit on Frostferno is to help with the Elemental Hit Gem Level because it has all these Tags on the gem which allows the Gem to get the additional level benefit from the implicit

This in turn increases the Damage in ALL Elements, Fire, Cold and Lightning because Elemental Hit has a set of Damage Values for each individual Element at every level which can referred to in this Wiki Link

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Elemental_Hit

Normally Elemental Hit chooses between Fire, Cold and Lightning Damage each time randomly which means they will take the individual Fire/Cold/Lightning Damage Values from the Elemental Hit Gem when they choose that Element to use.

However, we use 2 Combat Focus which makes Elemental Hit avoid choosing Cold and Lightning, which means Fire is always chosen as the Element.

Since we can guaranteed Fire is always chosen, we convert all the unused Cold and Lightning Damage on the Elemental Hit Gem into Fire so we get a big amount of Base Fire Damage to be enhanced further by our equipments etc.

Hopefully this gives a better idea on how the core concept of the build works.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Aug 26, 2021, 5:09:21 AM
"
Vei wrote:
"
wotad wrote:

The +2 amulet is not a significant improvement to DPS, its a medium-low priority upgrade. Just go for High Crit Multi (235%+) Marylene's Fallacy, hard to beat the DPS it gives for its few chaos cost.

For the best Bang for Buck in terms of DPS upgrade, refer to 26. Item Upgrade Priority section of the guide. There I have sorted what upgrades to go for base on the value(DPS/Defense/Utility) they give for their cost from the top to bottom.

"
wotad wrote:

Fast is very subjective, everyone has different preference, playstyle, experience, requirements, budget, etc. What's fast for me might be ultra slow for you.

I know it sounds weird for me to say all this but from my conversation with you in the game, I have a feeling that you might be wanting something(Zoom Zoom, Great DPS, and other Good Stuffs) that is at the level of a Meta Build and this build might not provide what you are looking for.

With that in mind, I just thought that you might want to consider other builds out there before deciding to invest more into this build.

I am sure we all want to play a build that suits us best and I also hope that if you took up this build, it will suit you well, which I am feeling it might not at the moment.

Regards

Dont really want zoom zoom just want something that can farm decently without crazy investment.
Last edited by wotad on Aug 26, 2021, 7:56:25 AM
"
wotad wrote:
Dont really want zoom zoom just want something that can farm decently without crazy investment.

Ok then the goal will be to attain the gears in 11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details of the guide. (The amulet should be one of the last few items to upgrade)

The Item Progression for this build can be followed in this order:

- At Level 60, switch from Holy Flame Totem to 10. Budget Equipment Details
- From here, follow the upgrade priority suggestions in 26. Item Upgrade Priority which is in point form. More details can be found in 11. Mid-Tier Equipment Details

Last edited by Vei on Aug 26, 2021, 9:50:49 AM
Thanks for the clear and thorough explanation. I didn't realize the skitterbot auras don't apply since it doesn't do damage. While it does work for curses (while socketed in the appropriate ring, e.g. Profane Proxy), alas not for EE.

The damage explanation was helpful. Learning more as I progress. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. Back to my 2 x Opal rings.
This must've been asked before but what's the current opinion of playing ascendant with this build? Which ascendancies do you pick up outside obviously hiero?

Thanks!
Sirus A8 Deathless - https://youtu.be/C1VqbwdMrkk
Some bad form from me though.

Quest for +4 Frostferno continues, 7 failures so far!
Looking at the fact that there are 15 implicits for a ilvl 39 Helmet, when you AlvaCorrupt a Frostferno, the odds are:
25% Poof
25% Reforge into a weird rare
25% White Sockets
10.7% +0 Frostferno
11.9% +2 Frostferno
2.4% +4 Frostferno
Last edited by Vague_Density on Aug 26, 2021, 11:55:21 AM
how is this build in delves? is it a glass cannon like FR totems?
"
onorarono wrote:
This must've been asked before but what's the current opinion of playing ascendant with this build? Which ascendancies do you pick up outside obviously hiero?

Thanks!

If you like better defenses, Ascendant has the best in my opinion.

These are the Ascendancies I will consider outside of Hiero and my rankings for them, assuming we equip them in the optimal way for their Ascendancy. Ranking them from Best to Worst in the different areas:

DPS: Hiero -> Ascendant(Chief/Slayer) -> Raider -> Chieftain

Defense: Ascendant(Chief/Slayer) -> Raider -> Chieftain -> Hiero

Ease of Setting the whole build Up: Hiero -> Chieftain -> Ascendant(Chief/Slayer) -> Raider

Movement Speed: Raider -> Ascendant(Chief/Slayer) -> Chieftain/Hiero

Totem Placement Speed: Hiero -> Ascendant(Chief/Slayer)/Chieftain -> Raider

For non-hiero Ascendancies though, we will need 3 source of "Non-Channelling Skills have (-7 to -10) to Total Mana Cost" on our equipment, generally 2 of the source will come from Rings and the last Source from Replica Conquerer's Efficiency Unique Jewel or Watcher's Eye with Clarity -Mana Mod unless one doesn't mind using an Enduring Mana Flask to cater to Mana needs.

That said, I don't recommend trying any Ascendancies outside of Hiero unless one is already familiar with the build because they take longer than Hiero to get into a good state whereas Hiero basically has all the Quality of Life things given to you as you level.

The other reason is I don't have any guide for them, although people can just look into my account as reference for the Non Hiero Ascendancies, there will be things that needs to be explained which is not visible from just taking a look.

"
Kirosuko wrote:
how is this build in delves? is it a glass cannon like FR totems?

Not a glass cannon, but isn't a tanky build either though this build has a much longer shooting distance compared to FR which contributes to a better defense since we don't need to stand in close proximity to the enemy.

If you have took at the announcement section in the guide, you might seen that Ahewaz took this build to Delve Depth 1000 during 3.13 Ritual League. Probably not quite possible now with all the nerfs, but shouldn't have much issue doing normal delve levels.

That said, FR Totems has insane DPS though and this build doesn't come anywhere near FR Totem's DPS.

"
Hoya63 wrote:
Thanks for the clear and thorough explanation. I didn't realize the skitterbot auras don't apply since it doesn't do damage. While it does work for curses (while socketed in the appropriate ring, e.g. Profane Proxy), alas not for EE.

The damage explanation was helpful. Learning more as I progress. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. Back to my 2 x Opal rings.

No problem! :)

"
Vague_Density wrote:
Sirus A8 Deathless - https://youtu.be/C1VqbwdMrkk

Ahem I want to buy your Level 1 20% Quality Lightning Strike

Just Kidding! Perfectly Done, Congrats on the kill!

Nice Filter Sound too ;)

Last edited by Vei on Aug 26, 2021, 1:11:36 PM
"
Vei wrote:

If you like better defenses, Ascendant has the best in my opinion.

These are the Ascendancies I will consider outside of Hiero and my rankings for them, assuming we equip them in the optimal way for their Ascendancy. Ranking them from Best to Worst in the different areas:

DPS: Hiero -> Ascendant(Chief/Slayer) -> Raider -> Chieftain

Defense: Ascendant(Chief/Slayer) -> Raider -> Chieftain -> Hiero

Ease of Setting the whole build Up: Hiero -> Chieftain -> Ascendant(Chief/Slayer) -> Raider

Movement Speed: Raider -> Ascendant(Chief/Slayer) -> Chieftain/Hiero

Totem Placement Speed: Hiero -> Ascendant(Chief/Slayer)/Chieftain -> Raider

For non-hiero Ascendancies though, we will need 3 source of "Non-Channelling Skills have (-7 to -10) to Total Mana Cost" on our equipment, generally 2 of the source will come from Rings and the last Source from Replica Conquerer's Efficiency Unique Jewel or Watcher's Eye with Clarity -Mana Mod unless one doesn't mind using an Enduring Mana Flask to cater to Mana needs.

That said, I don't recommend trying any Ascendancies outside of Hiero unless one is already familiar with the build because they take longer than Hiero to get into a good state whereas Hiero basically has all the Quality of Life things given to you as you level.

The other reason is I don't have any guide for them, although people can just look into my account as reference for the Non Hiero Ascendancies, there will be things that needs to be explained which is not visible from just taking a look.

Thanks for the quick reply - I already made an FP totems hiero this league and was thinking of trying a new variant rather than relevel another hiero. Maybe if this build won't get nerfed by 3.16...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info