[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
evildread1994 wrote:
is it worth taking point blank for bosses, i feel its a bit lacking for bosses :s

Hey! Took a look at your gear - there's a lot you can improve on if you look at the recommended affixes. Amulet, Boots, Gloves, Stygian Vise's Jewel being the ones that stand out to me the most. Also, the +2 corruption for Frostferno.

That being said, yes Point Blank helps a ton and didn't really affect my clearing
Comfortably did the Hidden! Thanks to Darkstar's idea for a lucky while focussed craft. Lucked into Tul and Esh not existing at the same time - they're the worst bunch out of these.

https://youtu.be/yF-7CidQL98

It was through this fight that I realized how much value the Ironwood notable really has: I failed this same fight so hard because they could 1-2shot the totems. Keep your totems alive and happy guys!
*omit
Last edited by I AM SQUINT on Aug 22, 2021, 9:17:27 PM
Hello there ,
I'm trying to maximize dps from the ballista hit.
I have malachai + resis ring, which two rings do you recommend me to have for more dps, malachai, ring weakknes on hit, assain mark on hit or flamability on hit.
"
Vague_Density wrote:
Comfortably did the Hidden! Thanks to Darkstar's idea for a lucky while focussed craft. Lucked into Tul and Esh not existing at the same time - they're the worst bunch out of these.

https://youtu.be/yF-7CidQL98

It was through this fight that I realized how much value the Ironwood notable really has: I failed this same fight so hard because they could 1-2shot the totems. Keep your totems alive and happy guys!

Nice kill, I would recommend also trying out Malachai's Artifice with the lightning golem on all of these fights; provided you recast the golem every time it dies, the DPS increase is very very noticeable; especially if you try it on a fight where you are really familiar with the timings, such as Maven. When I switched to using the Malachai's on this fight I noticed I would only get 1 set of the gravity balls during phase 1, way fewer memory games, etc. On the brain phase I basically just afk for a few seconds without having to even kill whatever bosses get summoned.

"
morganzark wrote:
Hello there ,
I'm trying to maximize dps from the ballista hit.
I have malachai + resis ring, which two rings do you recommend me to have for more dps, malachai, ring weakknes on hit, assain mark on hit or flamability on hit.

Wearing the malachai's ring normally (when not doing really big bosses) doesnt help any, as the lightning golem isnt doing much when you are clearing packs. I wore it for a while when I had the resistances to do so and was feeling pretty lazy, but realistically a good setup would be 2 good stat rings for normal stuff and then a resist ring + malachai (or swapping one of yours for malachai and keeping resistances maxed, most likely you will need another ring to balance out the 100% lightning resist swing).

hi, now i take it with ice golem, try with ligthning golem. Thank you.
and the other ring with curse? flamability + resistances?
What level do I switch to ele hit or can I do it at like 30 with a tab?
"
wotad wrote:
What level do I switch to ele hit or can I do it at like 30 with a tab?

Normally we will switch to Ele Hit at Level 60 since that is the level we can start using Frostferno.

If you have most of the necessary items for the Ele Hit already, you can switch earlier. Below are the minimum recommended things to have before switching to Ele Hit(Taken from the Guide's FAQ)

Q: Can I switch from Holy Flame Totems to Elemental Hit earlier if I have the required items already?

A: I would recommend to switch from Holy Flame Totems to Elemental Hit only after you have the following:

Minimum Recommended things to have

- 2 Combat Focus socketed into the correct Jewel Socket in the Passive Tree
- Rain of Splinter socketed in the Passive Tree or Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support Gem in your Elemental Hit Setup
- Quill Rain Unique Bow
- Tabula Rasa or a 6/5 Link Body Armour with the correct Socket Colors for the Elemental Hit setup

Optional but Highly Recommended

- Ancestral Bond Keystone taken
- Skirmish Unique Quiver

If you encounter Mana Issues after switching, you can:

- Use a Mana Flask
- Use a Clarity Gem
- Use a Praxis Unique Paua Ring with high -X to Total Mana Cost of Skills

Regards
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Last edited by Vei on Aug 25, 2021, 6:12:41 AM
I have most of that but will wait to 60 probs much better, thanks for responding though.

Leveling as holy flame totem does not feel the best just thinking how it would be if I didnt have twink gear.
Last edited by wotad on Aug 25, 2021, 12:09:48 PM
I’ve been thinking about the lightning golem EE discussions.

Normally minions cannot proc EE and both golems and skitterbots are considered minions. Totems on the other hand can proc EE.

One thread says that EE is on the passive tree, and the passive tree does not apply to minions unless explicitly stated that it does.

However, the EE on the Malachi ring does not originate in the passive tree, and it explicitly grants EE to the socketed gem. So in this case it looks like a socketed minion gem can proc it. If so, the skitterbots can proc
I find the lightning golem lags behind a lot and dies often. By putting skitterbots in the ring, you get advanced EE procs over a wide range and they are indestructible. You also free up a socket (Immortal Cry ?) I noticed when I was using skitterbots to proc flammability early on that monsters were broadly cursed before the totems got to them.

Granted you lose the increased attack speed of the LG, but that seems minor compared to the range of the skitterbots.
If you’re relying on cold damage, one skitterbot would apply cold, which would increase cold resistance. My +2 implicit is fire so cold damage is not an issue compared to decreased fire resistance.

Logic flaws ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info