[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

"
Lunasicc187 wrote:
Hello all,

after all the time, I decided to visit the build in the forum again :-)

Congratz to Vei for the nice updates and further developement to my original guide. You did some very nice improvements over the time! And I see you almost got 350k views on the guide, exellent!

I just had a look at some gear slots and I feel nowadays with all the imfluenced stuff it might be better for min-maxing purpose to use a good 6-link bow and get rid of the frostferno.

Disclaimer: the gear suggested you see in PoB is expansive. but I always like to min-max my builds...

I created a quick pastebin and I edited Vei´s gear with some new items:
- bow
- gloves
- helmet
- amulet
- boots
- watcher´s eye
- new flask setup

(The PoB-link requires the Community Fork of PoB)

55+ million Sirus DPS // 6750 Life // capped resists, 66% chaos resist // 66% evade chance + vaal grace // added some nice life and mana gained on hit with frenzy // some other stuff ->> read more in the "Notes" in PoB

https://pastebin.com/RX4qzQyR

Cheers
C U all in 3.15

Wow Wow Wow, who do we have here?? Who else but The Original Creator of the build!

Thank you so much for dropping by and posting your thoughts and take for the build and also the compliments. Hope things are going well for you. :)

I totally agree for min-maxing purposes, a 6 link Bow is definitely the way to go.

In the last few leagues, I saw many people who went with 6 link setups on POE Ninja and that definitely pushed this build and its DPS numbers much further than what a 4 link Frostferno or a better than Frostferno Crafted Rare helm(Credits again to Kikeuy for sharing his research on that and also Beverice for evolving it to the next level in 3.14) can give.

That said, a few of the strong things about this build and also why I fell in love with it in the 1st place was that the core setup wasn't based on having 6 link(s) and also it's great cost to power ratio when starting out, plus some other things.

Thus when I did my take on this build, I decided to focus on the build's strength in this area which happens to fit very well for a casual player like me. I guess it can be said that this is my casual take for the build.

I understand there are many who like to min-max in this game, and unfortunately/regretfully this guide doesn't really cater to that tier of players. As a casual player myself, I feel that I am not really suited also to give my take at that level to since it's not something I explore personally. I would like the guide I wrote and share to be based on my own personal experience and not something that is "In Theory" which I haven't tested out so the guide is as true as it can be.

Hopefully people reading this can see the rationale of why I approached the build this way.

I'll be pinning your take on the Pinned Announcement so everyone can see your thoughts and go for your take if they want to min-max the build :)

Cheers to you, have fun in 3.15!

P.S. Your post happens to be the 1000th Post of this thread! I am kind of curious if you timed your post to be the 1000th one. Its just so perfect ;)
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
"
jonojojo wrote:
One fine suggestion imo is to use awakened ele focus on 6L (replacing combustion), then we link combustion to frenzy to apply ignite.

Unfortunately, due to us having Ancestral Bond keystone, we are not able to deal damage ourselves and damage is required for ailment to trigger, which means our Frenzy won't be able to ignite the enemy.

"
Vei wrote:
"
jonojojo wrote:
One fine suggestion imo is to use awakened ele focus on 6L (replacing combustion), then we link combustion to frenzy to apply ignite.

Unfortunately, due to us having Ancestral Bond keystone, we are not able to deal damage ourselves and damage is required for ailment to trigger, which means our Frenzy won't be able to ignite the enemy.

Good point, I totally forgot about Ancestral Bond! Thanks for pointing that out.
For the Point Blank keystone, do i have to be at close range myself? or just the totems? like... can i go melee, place the totems and then get away?
"
For the Point Blank keystone, do i have to be at close range myself? or just the totems? like... can i go melee, place the totems and then get away?

Only the totems need to be close range so yes, you can go melee, place the totems and then get away. :)

Hello!
Here to thank you for your guide.
I killed my first Sirus (the weakest) with it, and 52k Elemental hit sirus dps according to pob.
The totems did all the hard work consisting of finding Sirus among all its locations.
Thx again, and cu.
Last edited by Tof1122 on Jul 14, 2021, 11:48:56 AM
"
Tof1122 wrote:
Hello!
Here to thank you for your guide.
I killed my first Sirus (the weakest) with it, and 52k Elemental hit sirus dps according to pob.
The totems did all the hard work consisting of finding Sirus among all its locations.
Thx again, and cu.

Hello!

That's Awesome! Congrats on your first Sirus kill!

Thanks for taking the time to post and share your experience.

Good Luck and Have Fun in game. :)

hello, can this build farm uber atziri in budget gear(like tabula,marylane,skirmish and other)??
"
hello, can this build farm uber atziri in budget gear(like tabula,marylane,skirmish and other)??

Hello,

Let's just say its not possible.

Regards

Last edited by Vei on Jul 18, 2021, 10:27:29 AM
Hi...
Do you think there will be room for the new focused ballista support in this build?
I'm not particularly a big fan of totem/minion gameplay and the like, because I miss the feeling of attacking together with them...
And with the new support, that changes, as the ballistas start to respond to our attack...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info