GGG is Hiring for Eight Roles

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Linux Server Administrator

Requirements - experience with the following technology:

Linux server administration (3 years minimum experience)
Assembling computer hardware and diagnosing hardware faults
SQL database administration experience
Configuration management (e.g. puppet, chef, etc.)
Monitoring systems (e.g. zabbix, nagios, etc)
Continuous integration (e.g. buildbot)
Scripting and automation
Reasonable familiarity with bash, python and SQL.
Willing to be on call on rotation
Path of Exile

i crossed out everything i can't do but 3/10 ain't bad right
IRON MAN
Oof not a Kiwi resident or have experience in those fields. Oh well.
Its really really sad that you are bound to NZ like that, while NZ surely has competent people it only has around 5 Million inhabitants. That's like trying to find passionate and skilled game-developers in Berlin alone, which is basically impossible.
I don't understand why are you so adamant on local residency.

I've been working remotely in various companies as a software developer, with today's tools there is no excuse to not allow people to work remotely, and is as effective, or sometimes more, then working on site actually.

Especially roles like QA are no brainier for remote work.
would never apply to be called a "human resource".

i'm a employee, not a resource.

machines are resources.

when fired or treated unfairly, a machine isn't retailiating, hope you never have to learn the difference...

edit: just in case people counter with "but it's usual that companies call their personnel a resource": yes, those companies exist but there are also other companies that have personnel departments.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Nov 27, 2020, 6:40:21 AM
"
Waxen wrote:
It's times like these that makes me sad I don't live in NZ/Australia or have any programming experience of any kind. FeelsBadMan.

ah nvm. post deleted.
fk archnemesis.
Last edited by SuperDrop on Nov 27, 2020, 7:27:43 AM
"
Snoofo wrote:
Did your whole staff leave or something? Looks like a role for every position in the company, should we be worried?

Considering the company is growing and the company has like 120 staff members I wouldn't be worried. Yet, there's covid outside and therefore a lot of issues in the world from that, so.
First Mirror drop at t8 pier map in legacy league :D
Second Mirror drop at t16 promenade map in delirium league :D
Gods knows what happened in affliction league... :L
WHEN IS GGG GONNA HIRE A "THAT'S A BUG/TROLL FEATURE/BAD DESIGN/NON-INTUITIVE/TO SUBLIMINAL/UNDERPOWERED/OBERPOWERED/NOT BALANCED/etc - LET'S FIX IT BEFORE RELEASE" GUY ?

Imagine the forum not having to be filled with thousands of bug issues and problems......

And maybe create a bot to delete all the selling a 5-15c single item threads....that would be awsome....

but even so - are u planing Ray Tracing ? Texture Rescaling / Upscaling ? More Zoom OUT ? or did some people just left those positions and went to a player-friendly game ? :P
🎥 Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/unga___bunga
🟢 SC League Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576251
🟢 STD SC PoG SHOP - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936410
🔴 Ribs - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OJed57srnoXRP46QRznSw
"
vio wrote:
would never apply to be called a "human resource".

i'm a employee, not a resource.

machines are resources.

when fired or treated unfairly, a machine isn't retailiating, hope you never have to learn the difference...

edit: just in case people counter with "but it's usual that companies call their personnel a resource": yes, those companies exist but there are also other companies that have personnel departments.

Dude, take it easy, it's the normal convention. I know we have to be moving to a more humane way of treating employees, and I totally agree, but this is not the place to be politically correct. I can see you are an Alpha member, so you should know GGG is people focused too.
To me it looks like GGG is trying to hire super humans to do their jobs.
Great working skills + great social interaction well they usually don`t mix with each other, usually you are pretty smart and not so social or your very social person but not a techy fluent.

Finding those people among Australia and New Zeland could be a problem. Maybe if they are looking at EU, USA and China might find somebody.

In the future when we have more advanced technology we could use nanobots to to enhance our brains and increase our intelligence, thus creating super humans :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info