[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

Will be good for 3.17 :)
Will start myself again with this build,cleared everything in 3.16 with it from League start to end, bow upgrade is a big ramp i think for this build.
If not happy with it in endgame, swap to skele mages👍
Any plans to update guide before 3.17 launch, or will we have to wait until a few weeks into the league?
Any changes for 3.17?
The build should still be viable for 3.17. Bow buffs do not affect us since we do not care about bow damage or added X modifiers. Quiver buffs are welcome. +2 Chaos/Dex amulet not needing hunter influence is good. The changes to influenced gear will hurt us, it will be a LOT harder to get hunter influenced gear, which means that our bow and hunter awakened orbs will come online a lot later. This will likely hurt us, especially in SSF.

This build used to be a decent league starter with reasonable clear speed, farming the Oath was easy in SSF. This league seems very focused on bossing, which is by far the weakest link of this build.

I personally won't be starting with this build this time for that reason (especially SSF), probably won't be able to kill the new bosses without a big investment. Influenced gear changes also hurt us, we need tons of hunter influenced gear to scale to the endgame.

I don't understand how people level this build, caustic arrow sucks ass and barely tickles brutus and I'm now stuck getting chased down by the dogs in prisoner's gate without being able to hurt them or run away
"
Sheepyhead8 wrote:
I don't understand how people level this build, caustic arrow sucks ass and barely tickles brutus and I'm now stuck getting chased down by the dogs in prisoner's gate without being able to hurt them or run away
You should have picked void manipulation and efficacy before brutus and run on a 3-link. In act 2-3 add conc effect when you get a 4-link, sadly witch doesn't get vicious proj I think.

Otherwise, level with a skill of your choice then transition to bane. Pure CA levelling is a bit problematic because you might be lacking dex to lvl it up.
"
Sheepyhead8 wrote:

Decoy totem + srs ( one link is enough) kills brutus smoothly,place totem hide behind any wall and target brutus,rinse and repeat
do we need to place defiance banner or just hold it?
"
Cchris07 wrote:
do we need to place defiance banner or just hold it?
You can just keep it on you for the buff it gives (armor / evasion). That's what most people use it for, to synergize with determination or grace to buff these auras.
any particular reason you cluster on the right side and not the left? could save one node if we use the left cluster? :o
Last edited by Cchris07 on Feb 18, 2022, 12:12:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info