[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
guifiusa wrote:
As it is the end of the league and most people are not playing anymore, I believe this thread will become alive once people start looking for builds for the next patch.

As of right now, I am the 1# Death Aura in SSF Scourge, I may record a video explaining how to get every piece of gear and what to farm and which order (to help other fellow SSF players).

For those looking to try this build next league: I do recommend this build (it can do almost everything and does not rely on any unique - except the Death's Oath, which is easy to farm yourself), especially for mapping. I do NOT recommend playing this build if you want to farm bosses, it has bad single target DPS and your first Maven/Awakener fights will take a while.

In my current setup, I have 100% spell suppression, 90% Phys. reduction, 50% evasion and elemental damage mitigation through the Xibaqua jewel (and 80% max chaos res) and a bunch of regen/life on kill. It is VERY tanky. It is possible to sacrifice some defence (e.g. spell suppression nodes) to get more DPS (open another set of cluster jewels). It is also possible to get some more mana nodes and run Grace on top of other auras (Malevolence, Determination, Banner, Blasphemy curses).

So far, cleared every Maven invitation (Feared is quite tough, others are fine), killed Maven, Uber Atziri, Uber Elder, Awakener 8, Chayula, Cortex, Legion 5-ways, Mastermind.

The build is probably not suitable to do very tough content (Nemesis3, Pure Chayulas, Simulacrum 30) unless you have an extremely high investment.

Overall, decent league starter and fun build. Possible to run without any investment and the core item is very easy to farm yourself. However, it does take some time and investment to get a reasonable single target DPS.

I would really appreciate your video, i was playing this build the first time this league and it was a blast for mapping. I will give it a shot next league in ssf instead of trade i think.
"
guifiusa wrote:
Overall, decent league starter and fun build. ...

Could u give few advices about leveling it 3.16 tree changes? Wanna try this one for Invasion Ivent
I've been pretty inactive this league, and I'll update the build for the next one.

Meanwhile, a MF variant using Decay for single target. Damage is scaled using Storm Burst's "Exploding Orbs deal 75% of Skill Damage for each 0.4 seconds of remaining Duration" and increased skill effect duration. POB doesn't show real damage, but it can be calculated with some Custom Modifiers tricks.

Single target is not really important for MF, but this is an idea I had for a while to incorporate into a build. Can be also replaced with Vaal Blight setup.

Base build without min-maxing or cluster jewels:
https://pastebin.com/QMSJdXt1

My actual build (un-comment the more damage in Custom Modifiers to see Decay damage):
https://pastebin.com/3F40rrix
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Dec 24, 2021, 3:11:20 AM
"
Could u give few advices about leveling it 3.16 tree changes? Wanna try this one for Invasion Ivent

That is a tricky question. I personally don't like levelling as Caustic Arrow because it is a pain in the ass to get Dex early on (you could try going to the Alacrity node ASAP).

I think the way to go is levelling it as a usual Chaos DoT build with Blight early on, then using ED+Bane. Keep Caustic Arrow and its links on secondary weapon and level it as your dex permits. Once your dex allows you to swap, do it.
Hey hey!

I'm still leveling up with your build, well mostly with DO as it has a super efficient clear capacity right now! Though I was wondering, why didn't you go with gloves that give you rampage? That's what I use right now for leveling and the mechanics is pretty good on DO until now.

The gloves I use
"
meandorph wrote:
The gloves I use
I think Null and Void or Wyrmsign could be better specifically for rampage, but up to you. You can also use weapon swap with Sinvicta axe to not sacrifice a main setup gear slot.
Def. the most fun build I have played for mapping. Does decent boss damage too, but gotta be careful with dodging oneshots.
Played till 96 and got good gear.
If someone wants to buy the whole char on standard dm me.

Anyways thanks for the great guide and good luck. Will play it in future leauges again if not nerfed.
(STD) I'm selling my gear for this build, going for a more budget build and try to help my bro build his necro. Got the jewels and some clusters, didn't had the time and effort tot try the magic ring version.

If someone wants to buy it, pm message me in game or if i'm offline you can message me here and i'll check everyday.
Needs a proper helmet enchant tho.
Last edited by TwoPlayseZ on Jan 5, 2022, 6:20:50 PM
Hello everyone, sorry if up the topic but I wanted some advice on this build that I am slowly preparing.
I wanted to use it for Heist and map quickly with HH (I will never have mageblood) could you give me an updated POB so I can see how to fix the pg for these uses?
Thanks so much
Sorry for my english, made in google translate :|
How's this looking for 3.17? Still viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info