[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
Mnace wrote:
A quality of life alternative to enduring cry (which may be annoying without instant cast) could be steelskin.
I personally put withering step on my left click, steelskin on my right click and crafted on all my flasks 'trigger when using a guard skill'.
While mapping, I keep both clicks pressed which gives me permanent lifetap and automated flasks. While bossing, I only press right click when trying to remove ailments, or trying to defend from a hit.

The upside is not pressing flasks while still having control over their charges and permanent lifetap without spamming skills.

The downside is losing 18% phys damage mitigation. You still get some defense from steelskin, though.
Also, if you take the timeless jewel for elemntal damage mitigation and max chaos resist, you can swap soul of arakaali with soul of lunaris for phys damage mitigation + movement speed + chance to avoid projectiles + some dodge chance when hit if you're not capped.

Yes, definitely an option to consider. I like Enduring Cry also for the extra heal, which helped me quite a few times.

And for Lunaris, that's a great idea once you are chaos res capped. I also switched to Lunaris now. Solaris can also be useful for bosses.

"
Arganista wrote:
I was thinking of rerolling into this build, what would you say is the minimum budget for it to be able to do T16 maps and some bosses with comfort? Not deathless, just not "use 6 portals as a defense" kinda deal

Just a few ex will get you started with the basic gear.
~10-15ex (viridi + clusters + unique jewels) will let you pretty comfortably clear t16. Bosses will be a bit slow, but doable
Crafting the bow is ~11ex, it will make bosses much easier
And the last pieces to finish up would be Watcher's Eye (Malevolence) and Awakened gems, which will improve the damage even more.

"
Freakap wrote:
I decided to reroll to this build some days ago and haven't regretted it a bit. Amazing build but I need some advice.. I just bought the end game bow and the next upgrade I'm thinking is Transcendent Mind and Watcher's Eye but even with those I can't reach your dps at all.. I know I need some chaos mods in my quiver and gloves but that's very hard to do atm since im struggling a lot with the resists. If I change anything my resists fall to below 75%.

My health is very low as well and all I can think of is synthesised rings which will drop my resists as well except if i give more than 4-5ex for each. Can you please look at my build and give me an upgrade order?

Resists - It's much easier to cap res if you go for double cluster setup and search for jewels with Life+All res+Double res (~50 resists each)
The additional clusters will also improve your damage.
Watcher's eye keep for last, as its the most expensive piece after the bow, but get the Transcendent mind.

After you improve the resists, look for gloves with DoT multi, one good res and empty suffix for Aspect of the Spider (or Crab if you prefer)

The quiver now only improves CA damage and not by a huge amount, so I actually prefer as much resists as possible + life.

For rings, get Vermillions, shouldn't be expensive. Quality them while they are white and alt roll for t1 life. Then you can craft some res on them. For me each of those is almost 400 life, which is huge.

"
Amir_Ban wrote:
Nice build, thanks.

Transitioned my Cold DoT to this since it was awful to play. damage is alot lower to the bosses in this build or lower than most Dot builds since it won't do DoT damage for a long time (Toxic arrow or even Cold DoT will continue to do damage even if you die) but hey, they killed everything playable in this game at the same time made the enemies faster/stronger so we all suffer unless Mirror tier investment which isn't going to happen to 99% or us.

Question: Can i ditch Blink Arrow and use Flame Dash instead ? it's terrible unless it's doing something that i don't know. movement speed is fine without those, just need something better for dodging.

Problem with Flame Dash is that it shares cooldown with Withering Step. Only Blink Arrow doesn't, so it's always available. You can link with Faster Attacks so it feels a bit better. With Flame dash you might be stuck on c/d exactly when you need it. Test it yourself so you know what I mean.

Another option is to remove WS from movement and only use it manually on bosses or hard rares, in which case you can use Flame Dash.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Aug 15, 2021, 6:06:37 AM
Took the plunge and rerolled into the build, would you mind doing the same for me and giving my build a look and providing me with a upgrade path?
@f4ward

Ah, so that's why we use Blink, thanks man <3
Is there any trick or tip to help get a green 4th-5th socket on the death oath . I been using the crafting recipe tip from the guide , i spent over 300+ orbs and i couldnt get a green socket only red/blue
Hi Bro,

just played your build for a couple of days now.
Clearspeed and singletarget is nice, but i dont know how u get all the strength in your POB(single cluster setup).

atm iam using an inertia, but in your pob you dont use it?

Maybe you can look after my profile and get me an short information how to upgrade

Thank you in advance
"
Arganista wrote:
Took the plunge and rerolled into the build, would you mind doing the same for me and giving my build a look and providing me with a upgrade path?

Recommendations are pretty generic, so check above and adapt to the state of your character

"
mrqstah wrote:
Hi Bro,

just played your build for a couple of days now.
Clearspeed and singletarget is nice, but i dont know how u get all the strength in your POB(single cluster setup).

atm iam using an inertia, but in your pob you dont use it?

Maybe you can look after my profile and get me an short information how to upgrade

Thank you in advance

In the POB I have a ring with tons of Str.

In general there are 3 options to solve the Str requirements:
1. Inertia jewel (I always start with this)
2. Str on gear (Rings or Belt in general)
3. 40% Reduced requirements enchant on the armour (this one would be the most expensive)
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on Aug 13, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
@f4ward Hello sir, i love this build so much. But ii have a few questions about that. Can you answer please?

1 - You can look my gears in profile. I can run tier 16 maps easily and kill bosses but i still want to increase my dps. What should i upgrade for first?

For now i don't have a good glove, awakened gems, helmet enchant and watcher's eye
. Should i buy awakened gems first or a good glove?

2- Some people using Asenath's Gentle Touch Silk Glove. It has explode. Is it working for this build or these people only want temporal chains effect?

Last edited by Tuzluk on Aug 14, 2021, 7:21:01 AM
Any crafting trick for brush\flow cluster?

Heres my updated settup been unlucky currency wise so its mostly self made.

Spoiler

Goals atm is thread and leap and somewhat of a cluster setup, oh and link this..
Last edited by EmptyTheBishop on Aug 14, 2021, 8:32:24 PM
"
f4ward wrote:
Resists - It's much easier to cap res if you go for double cluster setup and search for jewels with Life+All res+Double res (~50 resists each)
Watcher's eye keep for last, as its the most expensive piece after the bow, but get the Transcendent mind.

After you improve the resists, look for gloves with DoT multi, one good res and empty prefix for Aspect of the Spider (or Crab if you prefer)

The quiver now only improves CA damage and not by a huge amount, so I actually prefer as much resists as possible + life.

For rings, get Vermillions, shouldn't be expensive. Quality them while they are white and alt roll for t1 life. Then you can craft some res on them. For me each of those is almost 400 life, which is huge.

why would we need open pref for aspect if that suffix?
"
Any crafting trick for brush\flow cluster?

Heres my updated setup been unlucky currency wise so its mostly self made.

Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Goals atm is thread and leap and somewhat of a cluster setup, oh and link this..
Unavailable

Start with just Brush with death as single notable. And when you can, upgrade it to have an additional damage notable or Flow of life.

As for bow, I went for the easiest option - the 6 link Imperial bow. Those are common and pretty cheap to get. And the aspd is only slightly lower: 1.45 vs 1.5, so it's a great option.

"
Tuzluk wrote:
@f4ward Hello sir, i love this build so much. But ii have a few questions about that. Can you answer please?

1 - You can look my gears in profile. I can run tier 16 maps easily and kill bosses but i still want to increase my dps. What should i upgrade for first?

For now i don't have a good glove, awakened gems, helmet enchant and watcher's eye
. Should i buy awakened gems first or a good glove?

2- Some people using Asenath's Gentle Touch Silk Glove. It has explode. Is it working for this build or these people only want temporal chains effect?

First recommendation would be to follow the guide. If you make changes to the build - you should know what you're doing.

1. Gloves vs Aw. Gems - check in POB what would you gain vs what it costs.
Helm enchant and Watcher's eye are the most expensive upgrades, so keep them for last.

2. You have explode from ascendancy. You don't hit (except for the explosions). You don't scale phys damage. You would loose resists and Aspect (unless you put it elsewhere). You (specifically) already have 2 curses. So I don't see how it can fit.
Some people just want "more explody" for reasons, and put those gloves or Herald of Fire, which are both pointless in my opinion.
But I always say, if you want to try something - try it. Maybe You will like it.

"
PSYCHOPATH69 wrote:
"
f4ward wrote:
Spoiler

After you improve the resists, look for gloves with DoT multi, one good res and empty prefix for Aspect of the Spider (or Crab if you prefer)

why would we need open pref for aspect if that suffix?

You're correct, it's a suffix, I need to re-read what I write before I post it :)
Edited that post now.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info