[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

Got to red maps and it was good at like T12/T13 but feeling kinda rippy at T14-T16. Any suggestion on what upgrade I can make? Currently working on mediums. The perfect ones are like 4ex so thinking about just getting 1 with just Flowing life and one with just brush with death? like 50c each right now (cluster expensive this league XD) Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/bHMfqEEU
"
RexZShadow wrote:
Got to red maps and it was good at like T12/T13 but feeling kinda rippy at T14-T16. Any suggestion on what upgrade I can make? Currently working on mediums. The perfect ones are like 4ex so thinking about just getting 1 with just Flowing life and one with just brush with death? like 50c each right now (cluster expensive this league XD) Thanks!

Get 2 with Brush with death for the recovery. Recovery is super important. You can even alt-roll it yourself on lvl 68+ cluster. You can buy a few cheap ones, roll get BwD and use it, and continue rolling the other ones to get upgrades.

Also, you need more life to be able to survive the increased damage in higher level maps.
You have some wasted points at the moment, 2 points on the left side of Witch start, top of the big cluster, small node on the medium cluster. Move them to get more life (Cruel Preparation).

You have some empty jewel sockets.
Look for normal jewels with life and resists (and optionally damage)

Your Death Aura is damage is pretty low
Try to get a bow with DoT multi and craft chaos dot multi on it. That would give you up to 70% DoT multi, which is huge for both CA and DO.

Replace Empower with Lifetap (for now). Empower only starts to shine on a better bow and higher gem level. This will also help you with mana sustain. Continue leveling your Empower in 2nd weapon set.
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
"
f4ward wrote:
"
RexZShadow wrote:

Get 2 with Brush with death for the recovery. Recovery is super important. You can even alt-roll it yourself on lvl 68+ cluster. You can buy a few cheap ones, roll get BwD and use it, and continue rolling the other ones to get upgrades.

Also, you need more life to be able to survive the increased damage in higher level maps.
You have some wasted points at the moment, 2 points on the left side of Witch start, top of the big cluster, small node on the medium cluster. Move them to get more life (Cruel Preparation).

Try to get a bow with DoT multi and craft chaos dot multi on it. That would give you up to 70% DoT multi, which is huge for both CA and DO.

Replace Empower with Lifetap (for now). Empower only starts to shine on a better bow and higher gem level. This will also help you with mana sustain. Continue leveling your Empower in 2nd weapon set.

Ah didn't realize the bow dot multi effect death aura. I thought ch anges made it only effect the attack skills but I guess that was the quiver not the bow. Ya definitely going to go upgrade that then.

Oh wow completely forgot to remove those 2 points on the left when I was respecting XD What do you mean by top of the big cluster and small node on the medium? I have 2 points in each medium for the notable and large cluster can't afford 3 notable to push them into better position.

Thanks for the help! Going to go work on the upgrades!
"
RexZShadow wrote:
Spoiler
"
f4ward wrote:
"
RexZShadow wrote:

Ah didn't realize the bow dot multi effect death aura. I thought changes made it only effect the attack skills but I guess that was the quiver not the bow. Ya definitely going to go upgrade that then.

Yes, only the Quiver changed.

"

Oh wow completely forgot to remove those 2 points on the left when I was respecting XD What do you mean by top of the big cluster and small node on the medium? I have 2 points in each medium for the notable and large cluster can't afford 3 notable to push them into better position.

Thanks for the help! Going to go work on the upgrades!

Maybe it's an import bug, but this is what I see:
https://prnt.sc/12cncni
Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2990048
Last edited by f4ward on May 1, 2021, 4:31:52 AM
"
f4ward wrote:

Maybe it's an import bug, but this is what I see:
https://prnt.sc/12cncni

That's weird but ya in my actual tree those aren't taken.

Managed to get 31% on bow and regal a +2 bow gem lol (feel kinda trolled). But from here I should use the beast craft to remove prefix add suffix? then everything else after is like deterministic crafting?

Also for life tap on CA should I keep that on lvl 1 to proc it easier? or level that to max and keep like a lvl 1 alt quality one on my enduring cry and blank arrow set up to trigger? Thanks again for the help! Loving the build so far just gotta work on more damage to push the higher red maps =D
"
Can you explain why you use punishment instead of enhance , why herald of ash , how you can keep up with 4 big auras ( mana reserve ) without enlighten

About the auras :

- Punishment is a neat damage increase with the new threshold at 50% life.
- Herald of Ash... for the MTX of course ! :D
Since Profane Blood is an hit, you can proc Herald of Ash. It helps a bit for clearing.
- My enhance setup is somewhere else. I have to stand a few more seconds to reach the 15 wither stacks.
- For the reservation, I'm not using Flesh and Stone and Aspect of the Spider. That's why I said it was suboptimal. I'll probably add an Aspect, but I'll need 2x Enlighten 4.

"
how you are not diying a lot

You run a lot ! And everything die.

Don't forget (as it's written in the main post) 2x Brush with Death on the medium cluster jewels.

Against the bosses, you have to dodge manually, so, you need to know the fights.

"
how is your resists doing and where di you get it to cap?

Quiver, Viridi's Veil, Gloves and belt. I sacrificed a lot of suffixes.

My current gear :

Spoiler

"
f4ward wrote:
By the way, I totally missed the Divergent Lifetap for longer duration. Got one now ;)

Nice ! Thanks again for the build !
I think the damage is decent, and will be better as I manage to get enough money to craft, or buy more of the cluster jewels. However I find the survivability quite risky. Getting stunned sucks, and I am not sure how I would fit in some stun avoidance. Often the times that I am most likely to die, outside of bosses, is due to being stunned by a hit that freezes my character for a second. As for bossing, also very risky. Just fighting conquerers in T15 ish red maps is super rippy cause almost any hit is near a 1 shot.

I have all my resists capped, including chaos resistance, and like 4k life, and just getting my character to where it is with 200k degen caustic arrow and 50k ish degen Deaths Oath is quite expensive overall for something I think a simple cyclone character can do better and cheaper. I wouldn't mind the damage is the build had some better survivability.

With already like 10 Exalts in gearing, and requiring at least another 10+ exalts in cluster jewels I do not know how viable this is for red maps and onwards. I was really hoping the build would just be good for fast Ultimatum runs, by the damage of deaths aura is still too low to kill the mobs in under 2 seconds. Hopefully it gets better, I am not accustomed to spending so much already on a character that doesn't seem to do bossing or ultimatums well enough, IMO.

Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:
I think the damage is decent, and will be better as I manage to get enough money to craft, or buy more of the cluster jewels. However I find the survivability quite risky. Getting stunned sucks, and I am not sure how I would fit in some stun avoidance. Often the times that I am most likely to die, outside of bosses, is due to being stunned by a hit that freezes my character for a second. As for bossing, also very risky. Just fighting conquerers in T15 ish red maps is super rippy cause almost any hit is near a 1 shot.

I have all my resists capped, including chaos resistance, and like 4k life, and just getting my character to where it is with 200k degen caustic arrow and 50k ish degen Deaths Oath is quite expensive overall for something I think a simple cyclone character can do better and cheaper. I wouldn't mind the damage is the build had some better survivability.

With already like 10 Exalts in gearing, and requiring at least another 10+ exalts in cluster jewels I do not know how viable this is for red maps and onwards. I was really hoping the build would just be good for fast Ultimatum runs, by the damage of deaths aura is still too low to kill the mobs in under 2 seconds. Hopefully it gets better, I am not accustomed to spending so much already on a character that doesn't seem to do bossing or ultimatums well enough, IMO.

Those number seem off, I haven't got to T15 conquerer so won't comment on that but I'm at 526k CA and 191k Death Aura with around 2ex of investment. I did manage to save like 1-2ex sniping some really cheap stuff late at night. But still I won't say mine is more than 4-5ex tops. And this is with all my gems not quality or leveled. I clear like T12/T13 ult (kill and protect) super easy just running in circles using speed potion.

My updated pob after fixing my bow: https://pastebin.com/7kz8DHSW

"
Jgizle wrote:

Frankly I never felt stun is a thing on this build since we have so much avoidance and we have a bit of ES. Getting more life will help you with that.

"

Importing your character to POB shows 500k CA and 160k DO sDPS.

I don't know how you play, but make sure to:
Use Withering step on CD
Use Enduring Cry on CD (also, link it with lvl 1 Lifetap (Divergent recommended), so it always triggers)

Also:
Get Anomalous Withering step and link it as explained in the guide with Enhance.
Replace Pierce with Swift Affliction.
You can also free some Chaos res, 40-50 is more that enough since we get 25 from pantheon. This will give you points to invest in more life.

Also, all of our major pantheon upgrades are pretty significant for survivability.

And the cluster jewels dont have to be expensive, there is a variety on how you combine the skills.
And speaking of clusters... You don't have ANY life recovery on kill.

Get 2 clusters with Brush with Death (even if it's the only thing on them), or get rid of the cluster completely and get Hired Killer on the tree, until you can get the proper clusters.

"

Spoiler

All of the things I described above are free or cost next to nothing and will improve you survivability and damage.

Any suggestions on what i can improve next ( wanna think something with punishment , but dunno what to replace) ? Can you take a look on my character , please? And also surviveability , how can i improve it?
Thank you for your build , i am having so much fun and feel so free this league!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info