[3.12] 8 curses B.V. Occultist | Making Doedre great again (33mil DPS / 13.5k eHP pool)

"
Garulf161 wrote:
Really interesting build! It's a nice twist on Blade Vortex.

I found it when I was searching for a curse bot.

Would you say it's possible to turn this build in a full fledged curse bot later on? Or do you think this build would support a carrion golem build right out of the box?

I ask this specifically because of heist Flashback. I would like a build to get in a 6-player party to get to 95, and not be a dead weight.

Surely you can, but I'd say this could change some things about the buíld. You would have to drop Archmage and start playing Impeding Doom or Vortex so you can deal some damage. If you want to go for minions, drop mana mechanics completely and use those points on minion nodes, also forget aboutPledge of Hands and go for anything minion-related that can have a 6-link for your main minion. Keep 6 curses in your Doedre's Skin and put 2at a hex on hit setup and you're good to go with 8 curses! Maybe focusing life on your minions so they can tank bosses for your party? What about a Spectre focused for charges generation?

I actually quickly thought about this. If you give me some more time I maybe can come up with something better or give you a solid answer.
"
Tales_Black wrote:

Surely you can, but I'd say this could change some things about the buíld. You would have to drop Archmage and start playing Impeding Doom or Vortex so you can deal some damage. If you want to go for minions, drop mana mechanics completely and use those points on minion nodes, also forget aboutPledge of Hands and go for anything minion-related that can have a 6-link for your main minion. Keep 6 curses in your Doedre's Skin and put 2at a hex on hit setup and you're good to go with 8 curses! Maybe focusing life on your minions so they can tank bosses for your party? What about a Spectre focused for charges generation?

I actually quickly thought about this. If you give me some more time I maybe can come up with something better or give you a solid answer.

Thank you for the answer!

Honestly I think the whole community could benefit from that. It's hard to come by a cursebot guide, specially one that isn't useless outside parties.

Though take your time... sadly I don't think I'll be able to run it on Flashback... the items are a little expensive in that league.

EDIT: I might try it next league though. Also, do you think we can fit aspect of the spider in it?
Last edited by Garulf161 on Dec 20, 2020, 11:46:57 AM
"
Garulf161 wrote:
"
Tales_Black wrote:

Thank you for the answer!

Honestly I think the whole community could benefit from that. It's hard to come by a cursebot guide, specially one that isn't useless outside parties.

Though take your time... sadly I don't think I'll be able to run it on Flashback... the items are a little expensive in that league.

EDIT: I might try it next league though. Also, do you think we can fit aspect of the spider in it?

Yo, was trying to build it in PoB, but got really stressed because couldn't find anything worth. Just stumbled upon this, though. You may like it.

Go for YouTube: watch?v=IANkvEIT9M0
"
Tales_Black wrote:

Yo, was trying to build it in PoB, but got really stressed because couldn't find anything worth. Just stumbled upon this, though. You may like it.

Go for YouTube: watch?v=IANkvEIT9M0

Thanks a lot anyway!
Really interesting build!
Was planning to league start with this. Do you recommend doing it, if so what do you suggest as the best lvl skill depending on our tree.
Hey, I was trying to theorycraft something similar, but instead of using all 3 es/mana/life, do you think a non-crit agnostic version would be able to perform decently using clusters/ going crit without clusters? as I much prefer agnostic than using the doryani keystone xD
"
Hey, I was trying to theorycraft something similar, but instead of using all 3 es/mana/life, do you think a non-crit agnostic version would be able to perform decently using clusters/ going crit without clusters? as I much prefer agnostic than using the doryani keystone xD
I forgot to add in using block as we get a chunky amount from the staff, and could go glancing for a bit more defence if needed :)
RIP Boild they removing gain
"
ArchXrs wrote:
Really interesting build!
Was planning to league start with this. Do you recommend doing it, if so what do you suggest as the best lvl skill depending on our tree.

Sadly since the Extra Chaos Damage is being removed from Malediction, I wouldn't recommend doing this as a league starter. See the last answer for details.

"

Agnostic is a no no for me. In theory yes, you could do it, but personally I don't like to have to keep spamming a button to keep myself alive. Played the Archmage Ball Lightning Ascendant once and it got old pretty quickly.

"
"
I forgot to add in using block as we get a chunky amount from the staff, and could go glancing for a bit more defence if needed :)

Glancing Blows is an interesting mechanic. Since its nerf I'm not a big fan of it, but I also never tried using it again. Sure will give it a try for 3.13 since our damage is really messed up because of Malediction nerf.

"
TwardykorPL wrote:
RIP Boild they removing gain

Wouldn't say RIP. Would say that we need to get other means to get Chaos Damage. I've been thinking about Poison, tri (Phys > Light > Chaos) or quad (Phys > Light > Cold > Chaos) conversion over Archmage. Maybe we don't even need Chaos Damage at all with Alternative Quality Archmage and work totally with Cold Damage. PoB needs to update first so I can work on it. But yes, thats pretty sad news.
Last edited by Tales_Black on Jan 9, 2021, 11:47:12 PM
i was thinking that i will build doedre's skin with taryn's shiver and then a better cold staff with linked vortex coz of boss killing league and then hungry loop with linked vaal cold snap and helmet with arcanist brand-storm brand-frost bomb-orb of storms coz we cant have wand trigger coz doedre's our only 6socket place :D thought's on this senpai?:D im the one who asked about this build in the first thread of this before heist but my friend joinked this build form me and was about to play thisone on this new league but kinda ripped now on boss-league:D keep it up!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info