[3.15] Saqawal's Twister | Easy/Unique Playstyle | All Content | Cheap Budget

@Jekannadar Could you share your finished Saqawal path of building? I would like to try the poison version, I am already with the fire one.
I don't really have a "finished" POB for any of this, I do have some that I use for assistance with trying to figure out stuff/actual damage though. I wouldn't mind making those available, they just need a little bit of context as to why things are as they are.
"
ZheroXPro wrote:
@Jekannadar Could you share your finished Saqawal path of building? I would like to try the poison version, I am already with the fire one.

very brief screenshots of some trees here. I'm still working on a final build too.

https://imgur.com/a/pDeR9Uu

1) go out of shadow taking phys/chaos nodes & life
2) grab poison on hit nodes - I level with poison reap because BV felt clunky
3) grab aura effect and start specing into some crit
4) grab the less duration nodes, finish the tree off with ranger supression nodes & a cluster jewel. You may need scion life wheel for str requirements too

Options i'm currently considering:

Dropping the top aura cluster - I can run aspect + grace + herald without the cluster if i spec grace mastery, saving 2 points at the cost of 20% aura effect.

Wasting and/or master of blades - the route out of shadow is debatable. the 3 points after fangs of the viper are inefficient unless you need the extra suppression.

Dropping scion life wheel - There's other places on the tree for life. Going here is mostly for str. Can be avoided if we get str on jewels / clusters
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
Last edited by Starlight85 on Aug 26, 2022, 8:58:54 PM
The way I see it, both assassin and chieftain variants have very little survivability in most cases.

Assassin might be in a better spot when it comes to mapping but i can't imagine how it deals with pinnacle stuff and deadly AN mods. Yes, the damage is there, but what about big phys or elemental hits, god forbid chaos hits?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see no capped spell supp or block, no chaos resist, no reliable phys mitigation. There are so many scenarios where you just keel over without good defense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash anyone, just don't get it how you plan to survive end game stuff without dropping dead very often?

Ofc I also jumped on the hype train with the new unique changes. I made an occultist, although my damage is probably less than half of the other two types. Regardless, I can blast through t16 eater influenced maps with godlike speed(profane bloom + PB are just insane with this build).
Maps bosses drop dead in 10-15 sec.
I'm 91 now, did a couple of eaters and exarchs so far ( won't lie, they take like 10 mins maybe a bit more). Tho i still lack awakened gems, and proper clusters and anoint.

My current defenses are:
-Capped spell suppression,
-Doppelganger Armor with 39 less phys/chaos damage taken,
-Divine flesh with 80% chaos resist.
-Taste of Hate flask with savage hit mod.
I plan on squeezing in enfeeble and temp chains as auras later but i gotta min-max my resists and reservation for that shit. And the mandatory vit watchers.

I also wanted to ask, how reliable is that cane+shield combo? Spectre+GMP+increased duration already take up three slots, which leaves one damage support only. Do thos extra 4, maybe 5 triggers make up for the damage loss?
Last edited by gabpla111 on Aug 27, 2022, 11:29:09 AM
assassin version has high evasion, capped spell suppresion, ghost dancer, and high uptime on elusive. It's not amazingly tanky, but if you don't get one shot, you aren't dying. The recovery is insane. I can happily stand in harvest spawns and face tank everything.

I considered doppleganger (as well as others like kintsugi), but we're so low on life anyway, a good rare chest with high life, evasion and suppression was giving me more eHP.
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
Last edited by Starlight85 on Aug 27, 2022, 1:43:05 PM
"
gabpla111 wrote:
The way I see it, both assassin and chieftain variants have very little survivability in most cases.

Assassin might be in a better spot when it comes to mapping but i can't imagine how it deals with pinnacle stuff and deadly AN mods. Yes, the damage is there, but what about big phys or elemental hits, god forbid chaos hits?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see no capped spell supp or block, no chaos resist, no reliable phys mitigation. There are so many scenarios where you just keel over without good defense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash anyone, just don't get it how you plan to survive end game stuff without dropping dead very often?

Ofc I also jumped on the hype train with the new unique changes. I made an occultist, although my damage is probably less than half of the other two types. Regardless, I can blast through t16 eater influenced maps with godlike speed(profane bloom + PB are just insane with this build).
I'm 91 now, did a couple of eaters and exarchs so far ( won't lie, they take like 10 mins maybe a bit more). Tho i still lack awakened gems, and proper clusters and anoint.

My current defenses are:
I plan on squeezing in enfeeble and temp chains as auras later but i gotta min-max my resists and reservation for that shit. And the mandatory vit watchers.

I also wanted to ask, how reliable is that cane+shield combo? Spectre+GMP+increased duration already take up three slots, which leaves one damage support only. Do thos extra 4, maybe 5 triggers make up for the damage loss?

Cane gives you 44-66 Phys dmg to spells per phantasm you have out, having out 11 is fairly easy, if you are having problems with them dying (Can be the case in higher difficulty maps like deli), you can grab blessed rebirth megalomaniac with 2 other decent notables to prevent them from dying. So itd give us 484-726 phys dmg to spells overall i believe, thats more than the disintegrator staff.

For the shield. if you arent using the +2 support and 13+% qual of support gems and avian, you are getting 10 procs vs 15, so missing 50% damage. unless you are using phantasmal haste for some reason at this point?

but all in all, the build has generally always been an avoidance type build, not mitigation, with the vit watchers eye, you basically only die to 1 shots in maps, and boss is just eh, the build was never made to be a bosser, in my opinion, its a fairly decent build for everything(really not much it can't do), but it excels at mapping and darkness delve farming
Last edited by Supaspork on Aug 27, 2022, 6:00:53 PM
The Chieftain version is also really not "that" bad when it comes to survivability. Also, with some extra cash, you can get a Skin of the Lords with Iron Reflexes, put everything in there with an Enlighten and allocated the new Juggernaut Ascendancy, which wil get it to about 50K max elemental, and 80K max physical hit taken, with maxed glancing block and 50% spell suppression.

The regen is of course nutty, so a super expensive high end version would be pretty survivable. But in reality, this build is more of a lifestyle decision imo. Sure, for the same investment you could make something a lot more functional, but can you make something more enjoyable? ^^
I tried running flammability + wave of conviction + hextouch like a build posted here suggests, but I can't seem to be able to hit anything with it? The particles for the spell show up but disappear instantly. I thought it just has a very short range but no matter how close I get I can never curse anything. Is my duration on it so small that its damaging hitbox doesn't spawn? How do I go about fixing this?

Also, I'm sadly struggling for damage (and survivability) in t1 maps on my shoestring budget currently. Was eyeing anomalous efficacy as my next upgrade but any other suggestions would be super welcome.
https://pastebin.com/EHi8H61m
"
Gielnik wrote:
I tried running flammability + wave of conviction + hextouch like a build posted here suggests, but I can't seem to be able to hit anything with it? The particles for the spell show up but disappear instantly. I thought it just has a very short range but no matter how close I get I can never curse anything. Is my duration on it so small that its damaging hitbox doesn't spawn? How do I go about fixing this?

Also, I'm sadly struggling for damage (and survivability) in t1 maps on my shoestring budget currently. Was eyeing anomalous efficacy as my next upgrade but any other suggestions would be super welcome.
https://pastebin.com/EHi8H61m

Wave of Conviction has a duration tag, which means it's affected by all the reduced duration you get from rings/amu and passives. You can try linking Increased Duration Support. It might be enough to solve your problem.

I've never tried chieftain with twister, but from what I can tell, according to your pob, you should at the very least have CWDT+Molten shell(just level them to 70) since you're using determination. Also, gem levels are kinda low. That might explain the lack of damage and defense. Your cold resist should be fixed as well asap.

And if you got the money, then do what Jekanmandar suggested.
"
Supaspork wrote:
"
gabpla111 wrote:

My current defenses are:

Cane gives you 44-66 Phys dmg to spells per phantasm you have out, having out 11 is fairly easy, if you are having problems with them dying (Can be the case in higher difficulty maps like deli), you can grab blessed rebirth megalomaniac with 2 other decent notables to prevent them from dying. So itd give us 484-726 phys dmg to spells overall i believe, thats more than the disintegrator staff.

For the shield. if you arent using the +2 support and 13+% qual of support gems and avian, you are getting 10 procs vs 15, so missing 50% damage. unless you are using phantasmal haste for some reason at this point?

but all in all, the build has generally always been an avoidance type build, not mitigation, with the vit watchers eye, you basically only die to 1 shots in maps, and boss is just eh, the build was never made to be a bosser, in my opinion, its a fairly decent build for everything(really not much it can't do), but it excels at mapping and darkness delve farming

Yea, Phantasms dropping dead all the time was my first thought. Didn't think of blessed rebirth tho. Thats a good idea.

The phantasmal might numbers are better than the staff, but you sacrifice one damage support for phantasm.

Tho according to my calcs. you can easily get 11 procs with -1.83 or lower boots/gloves, unless I missed something.

----------------------------------- = 11.1 With staff (-1.83 boots/gloves
2.17 * 0.15 * 0.41 * 0.75 * 0.9

----------------------------------- = 15.028 Shield with Less Duration (21)
2.12 * 0.15 * 0.41 * 0.75 * 0.9

Here you'd need max -1,88 or lower values on boots/gloves.

After properly calcuating the differnce with cane+Phantasmal Might and one less support (dropping Awakened Deadly Ailments in my case) I would get about 10% more DPS.
Although if the shield can provide some other good stats, hp, resists, etc, then it's better overall. But level 21 Less Duration is hard to come by as well. And getting a proper cluster with blessed rebirth is also a pain in the ass, especially now since deli is not very popular this league.
I'd say staff is better unless you get the shield with the quality, gem levels, maybe reservation efficiency. I guess it's a costly project.

How do you go about crafting that shield btw? Any insight or guide on that? I'd appreciate it.:) I might give it a try later on.

On bossing and avoidance part. The game has started to evolve into this one hit madness with AN and Pinnacle bosses and some other crazy end-game stuff where the avoidance itself just not enough. That's my personal opinion only, ofc.

I got lucky with low quality ashes from my 3rd eater and sold it. That allowed me to upgrade to awakened gems, clusters, belt, + enfeeble aura next to despair and the vit watchers.

I got 3,5k hp, but with all the mitigation I currently have, I can facetank most guardians and and most attacks from eater and exarch.

I'll probably buy elementalist aegis forbidden flames later as well, and do some more min-max but updates from here on gonna get exponentially more expensive:(

As for mapping: I don't know about chieftain, but I've played assassin in 3.14 (best fucking build against "stand in stone circles", if anyone remembers that thing) aaand I think occultist is just king when in comes to mapping right now. Mobs on screen just blow up as you are running forward.
Ofc Assassin was the best before the poison node nerf. I Haven't done 80-100% deli maps with my occultist, but I doubt it would be very comfy:( The old assassin nodes synergized so well that content.

Anyway this is my two cents on the twister experience this league so far.

Last edited by gabpla111 on Aug 28, 2022, 7:06:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info