[3.12] The Unholy Knight - Iron Mass Gladius Necromancer | Shaper video UP !

Hi Exiles,

here is my attempt with the new Iron Mass Gladius sword.

Current PoB, level 93 : https://pastebin.com/Xd1TjfHR

> 670k DPS/skeleton * 10 = 6.7M DPS
> 6k life
> 77% all elem res, 15% chaos res
> Physical and chaos damage

PLAYSTYLE
> We use Skeletons that we buff in every way possible.

> We proc the triple damage for the skellies by hitting enemies with Cyclone.

> We stack Ghastly Eye jewels with flat phys dmg for minions.

> We buff the Skellies with a Carrion Golem, and we give them Frenzy charges with Carnage Chieftains spectres, the large gorillas found in Old Fields in Act 2.

> We take Call to Arms keystone and we put Rallying Cry on left click. So just by walking, we proc the Warcry. And with auto-triggered skills in an off-hand sceptre, Rallying Cry will trigger a spell !

> We use Ascendancy to get level 20 Bone Armour skill, which is another Steelskin that will protect both us and our minions.

PROS
- It's a Necromancer, so very cheap to begin
- No expensive item required. The Iron Mass sword itself is worth 5-10c in Heist.

CONS
- You have to hit yourself every 4 seconds

CURRENT GEARING

Any advice is welcome.

Good luck and have fun :)

VIDEOS

My Youtube channel.

#8 : The Shaper

#1 : T5 Sepulchre. Level 85, 3 Heralds of Kitava spectres. The Ghastly Theatre unique shield.

#2 : T8 Drox. Level 87.

#3 : T11 Malachai. Level 90, The Scourge claw in off-hand.

#4 : Breaking the Unbreakable unique Heist contract. Darkness Enthroned belt and a medium Thread of Hope to get Ravenous Horde and Cruel Preparation (10% max life) notables.

#5 : T14 Abyss boss Ulaman. Mother's Embrace belt. Holy Relic. A rare Sceptre with auto-trigger.

#6 : A medley of T15 and T16 maps : Kitava, Beachhead, twinned Malachai.

#7 : The Chimera. With a very tough map full of crazy goatmen !

DETAILED GEARING

Weapons

* The Iron Mass Gladius unique sword.

* A rare Sceptre with "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" mod

Spells : Vulnerability, Desecrate, Flesh Offering

* A rare helmet with "150% increased effect of the buff granted by your Carrion Golems". A very powerful enchant, since the Carrion gives +flat physical damages to minions. At level 20, the Carrion gives 31 to 46 phys dmg. With the enchant, it becomes 77 to 115, which is then tripled by the Iron Mass : 231 to 345 !

* Body armour : nothing special here. Life, res, chaos res...
Possible unique : Belly of the Beast

* Gloves and boots : rare pieces with life, res, chaos res...

* Amulet : Death Attunement anointment and +1 skeleton mod.

* Rings : preferably Unset rings, since we need a lot of skills.

* Belt :
Darkness Enthroned Stygian Vise with 2 good Ghastly Eye jewels.

The Mother's Embrace

A HUGE buff to your skeletons, since they will drink your flasks : Lion's Roar, Atziri's Promise, Silver flask etc. But they will drink them dry, the little adorable babies, so nothing left for mama... :(
Also, only 2 or 3 skeletons will have the flasks effects at most, since each one drinks a charge.

GEMS and LINKS

* 6L Skellies : Vaal Skeletons + Impale + Minion Damage + Melee Physical Damage + Ruthless + Multistrike

* 2L Cyclone : Cyclone + Fortify

* Auto-trigger on a Rare sceptre : Vulnerability, Desecrate, Flesh Offering

* Spectres + Zombies + Minion Life + Brutality

* Buffs : Dread Banner, Pride, Flesh & Stone, Rallying Cry, Holy Relic

* Summon Carrion Golems + Feeding Frenzy (+ Brutality)

* Flame Dash + Second Wind, for QoL.

CLUSTER JEWELS

One or two Large cluster jewels with these notables :
- Call to the Slaughter
- Feasting Fiends
- Rotten Claws

VARIANTS
A pure physical variant made by a friend : https://pastebin.com/mKt083xT

To be improved.
- Full chaos conversion
- Full cold conversion

You may also like my other builds :

* The Nightblade Assassin

* The Pestilent Viper Occultist

* The Infused Trickster
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Nov 4, 2020, 11:22:56 AM
Last bumped on Nov 4, 2020, 11:20:47 AM
Here is a video of the Chimera fight :
#7 : The Chimera

With a tough map full of crazy goatmen !
Mods are : +2 proj, Elem Weakness, 26% move/38% attack/47% cast speed.

Next time : the Shaper.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Oct 28, 2020, 4:43:17 PM
Be nice if you added leveling sections to the POB so people while leveling know where to prioritize their points first. Looks interesting tho I'm going to give it a try.
This might be just me but this build feels HORRIBLE to play :/

Zero hate to the maker of course it's not your fault! The build just feels clunky.
Last edited by Battlekondom on Nov 1, 2020, 10:45:37 AM
"
Battlekondom wrote:
This might be just me but this build feels HORRIBLE to play :/

Zero hate to the maker of course it's not your fault! The build just feels clunky.

Yes, I understand and I can somewhat rely to that.
You need to hit yourself to proc the triple dmg, so you can't just stay behind and send your minions to the battle.
When Heist was announced, I was very curious to try this new unique sword. Plus, it has this gothic flair which for me is the soul of PoE.
Frankly I'm quite satisfied with the result : it's the first time I really play Necro, and I'm the kind of player that prefer to go melee attacks. So this build is a good mix of both.
To make the gameplay smoother, it's possible to cast the Skeletons while channeling Cyclone, or to use the Cyclone to cast the buffs (Desecrate, Flesh Offering, Convocation).

"
Keldrath wrote:
Be nice if you added leveling sections to the POB so people while leveling know where to prioritize their points first. Looks interesting tho I'm going to give it a try.

Sure, I'll do that very soon.
The good thing with a Necro build is that it has zero mandatory items, except the Iron Mass here. Apart from it, you can go with whatever stuff you want, and the tree is quite simple to progress.

Here is a new video in league. This time, it is :
#8 : The Shaper

It's only after this fight that I've decided to publish the build. Because for me, if a build can reliably beat the Shaper, then it's a functional build. It's not OP, but it works.

Good luck Exiles, and have fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info