[3.18] Knaekbroed's Elemental Hit Elementalist | Fast, tanky and high dps | Uber boss viable

]Hi all,
I ve switched on this build and really love it but i dont know where to start to up my dps :/
Must i prior megalomaniac or jewel ? What will be the best option to upgrade ?

My Character : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tonfz/characters
Last edited by Tonfz on Jan 26, 2021, 3:22:56 AM
"
Tonfz wrote:
]Hi all,
I ve switched on this build and really love it but i dont know where to start to up my dps :/
Must i prior megalomaniac or jewel ? What will be the best option to upgrade ?

My Character : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Tonfz/characters

Here are my suggestions in random order after a quick look at your char.

1. Switch primordial harmony with primordial eminence.
2. Get %increased crit mod on flask
3. Get bottled faith
4. Get crit multi on all your jewels and on your paradoxica.
5. Get anomalous golems
6. Use close combat instead of ruthless
7. Get tailwind
8. Get onslaught
9. Get attack speed on one of your flasks
10. Get level 21 elemental hit gem

"
hqDM wrote:

https://pastebin.com/ZsWKb9Ce

I'm running a variant of your build, it's been pretty solid so far.
Notably, using Yoke + Secrets of Suffering instead of chain.
It's really comfy as it enables me to run skitterbots, which allows for frostbreath until paradoxica, as well as another 30% dmg on EH from SoS's 3 extra ailments (cremation on flame golem). Less mitigation due to less golem focus though. I may swap over to acro for T19 later if it proves too hard to handle w/o the dodge, but I think the extra dps will sort that out.

The gear in the pob is half mine, half yours.
haven't settled on a shield yet, need to get a 2nd ring, etc.

Ornament of the East was rly comfy for leveling too, all the LGoH.

Is there a mechanic I'm missing? I don't understand the "double dmg while focussed" craft on your shield if you've paradoxica. Leftover from before?

I also don't think it's fair to tick 50 rage / 50 shock on Sirus.
As far as I can tell your only source of rage is a "1 rage per hit, capped 1/s" notable. Likewise, with 0 shock effectiveness a pre-shock avg hit of ~2.3m, given his ailment threshold is ~25m, is liberally 10% of that, so closer to a 20% shock.

All in all an enjoyable build though.

Cool take on the build :-)

I dont actually know if it works, but in pob i get more dmg, and i assumed it was double double dmg.

50 rage 50 shock is by no means fair on Sirus. But it should not be seen as important by any means. DPS will vary greatly between encounters and your specific gear. Next time i update the pob ill make it target guardians and have 25% shock. But dont get hung up on dps in POB imo. The DPS is pretty good in all cases, thats imho the only thing that is important.

Glad you are enjoying it
Last edited by Rumblepie on Jan 26, 2021, 10:55:05 AM
This build looks amazing, I want to play it but I've some questions

What's the gear setup to use, because you show two possibilities but it's not clear what are the advantages y disadvantages of each build setup

Thoughts on using paradoxica and a explodey sword?

How fast you can clear with the build? I saw the t16 video but wasn't that informative regarding clear speed

I do plan use this build to farm delirium and legion but I'm not really sure about how it performs with legion, any idea how it performs on it?

Thank you!
Last edited by WolfDan on Jan 26, 2021, 11:41:56 AM
"
Here are my suggestions in random order after a quick look at your char.

1. Switch primordial harmony with primordial eminence.
2. Get %increased crit mod on flask
3. Get bottled faith
4. Get crit multi on all your jewels and on your paradoxica.
5. Get anomalous golems
6. Use close combat instead of ruthless
7. Get tailwind
8. Get onslaught
9. Get attack speed on one of your flasks
10. Get level 21 elemental hit gem

Thx for all advice. It seems i need to farm some currency :p
Liking this build so far! Gear is far from optimized and I have some issues with 1shots on -max resist maps, but figuring out how I want to approach it (haven't specced into Acrobatics yet, playing with different cluster jewel combos for now).

I don't use PoB, so I'm not sure if this actually adds any damage, but it has smoothed out the gameplay for me a bit by upping my crit reliability:

A medium cluster with Stormrider and Chilling Presence, when paired with the Shaper of Storms ascendancy, provides really good power charge generation. Since every hit shocks, and everything close is chilled, it's pretty consistent uptime, even on most bosses. While mapping with Ancestral Call, I'll occasionally get all three charges in one attack. And I get the extra jewel socket to boot! Obviously some opportunity cost elsewhere, but I was having trouble with the inconsistent critting on low-flask maps or longer bosses.
how to get rage?
megalomaniac with rage + primordial bonds does not exist in ritual league
Bloodscent in claster, timeless jewel...

How to fix attack out of hit range? Sometimes i just hitting the air, or it is a melee gameplay? hit chance 100, attack without moving is off

And i feel that multistrike ruin the mapping, if I kill first hit, other from multistrike hit the air?
The build makes rly fun - t 16 is a joke ;)

Need more harvest crafts, better life rolls ect.

First of all, thanks for answering the Mana question so fast, guys :)

Sadly the gem costs 6 ex, but when you throw some currency at this build, it gets quite strong. After some recent upgrades it's a LOT of fun!
Personally I think I will try to max it out further and hope to beat the new endgame content with it. I am fairly experienced with the mechanics etc. but that's a huge thing to pull of.

That said, I leveled with some experiments of my own which I'd like to share.

1) I thought one could scale Ele Ailments and tried the other Ascendancies for Elementalist. It's not really that great! The plan was to use Secrets of Suffering, and inflicts 5 ailments at once. But it was just too weak. I will see what happens when you cut the Ele Aegis and use then AoE node, but I don't like the AoE node too much.

2) Exposure: The Corrosive ELements Cluster jewels can be really expensive. So as I was leveling, I was using one of the new base helmets, with the Vaal Ancestral Warchief in it. That applies exposure quite easily.

3) Foils vs. Paradoxica: I see ppl like Paradoxica, but I can't seem to appreciate it as much. I am using a Foil I crafted instead; the high-end version would be multimodded with top-tier Ele Pen, Hits can't be evaded mod and corrupted for 30% quality.

Other than that, I will upgrade my helmet and get Aspect of the Spider next I think...but for now, I want to level a bit more. Also update my gems as I need it.
I did't see too much value in +1 max res shields, and mine was 5c I think...I am happy with it:

The +1 Strike gloves along with some Strike range scaling make the build much better playable!

I was playing two 10-ways yesterday, Valdo's Rest and Haewark Hamlet. While Valdo's Rest was just crap boss-wise, I was using Inspiration for Awakened Ancestral Call and I felt it was too melee to effectively play around the many boss mechanics. I died 3 times.

Haewark Hamlet then I just kept Awakened Ancestral Call, and attakced while standing still, while dodging the most dangerous attacks. Worked really well, didn't die once.

P.S.: forgot the anoint for my amulet...with current gear and 5.6 K life I might go for even more damage, at least test-wise.

Flask setup:

Are you guys really not using a Life flask?
I may remove it when I get my minion helmet to give better phys reduction...

Feedback appreciated, there is so much stuff you can switch around!
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Just my own thought

"
Carmondai89 wrote:

The Corrosive ELements Cluster jewels can be really expensive.

For the Exposure, I got a Megalomaniac with Corrosive Element until I can afford the large cluster. Megalomaniac should not be very expensive.

"
Carmondai89 wrote:

I see ppl like Paradoxica, but I can't seem to appreciate it as much.

Since Elemental Hit is like spell, the base damage is in skill gem. Paradoxica has the mod deal double damage, which is really useful in this case. I have check PoB and try to replace the Paradoxica with your foil, the calculated dps is lowered in any cases.

Also, since the ice golem and precision will grant so much accuracy. I think hit chance is really not a problem in this build. The Hits can't be evaded is not really needed.

"
Carmondai89 wrote:

Are you guys really not using a Life flask?

Sometimes I want a life flask when doing boss. But this build has really high regen, life flask is not really necessary if I don't facetank the boss. Just kite a bit and you will back to full life.
Last edited by caxerx on Jan 28, 2021, 4:44:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info