[3.12] Aura stacking Guardian on a budget

"
askaal wrote:

About Flesh and stone:
- Blind gives you very little, due to diminishing returns (you have a lot of evading just from grace)
- Less damage taken is nice, but not sure if it worth it or not

Determination - only if it is Divergent and paired with Grace

About Doriany's:
- I do not understand why people like those boots, yes you get 1 gem slot for free, but you need very specific circumstances to utilize it in a really good way
In your particular build - I would rather get rare boots, with Aspect of the spider, and replace Herald of Thunder with PoL that you get from Doriany's since you are running too many heralds anyway
- HoI gives you shattering
- HoP is 10% More damage
- HoA allows you to have target ignited, so your Cinderswallow gives you 10% more damage
All those 3 together paired with 2 Purposeful harbingers gives you 40% AE
If you were able to fit all 5 heralds, then you wouldn't need a second Purposeful harbinger, but running 4 heralds is a waste in my opinion

Life from HH will give you nothing, all auras you are running on blood magic reserve %HP

To replace your Maligaro's gloves - you'll have to make a very considerable investment
- you need to gather 150%+ Crit multi across your jewels
And then you probably opt for High Templar gloves with some great corruptions
To get a Rare Gloves into this build - is gonna be complicated

Improving the cluster jewels is nearly infinite I would say
ILVL 84 clusters with 35% increased effect, ES and Int/CritMulti, if you want to change Maligaros, are the best
Each one of those might easily cost you 100+EX

Adding more RMR on your jewels (large cluster jewels, Unnatural Instinct, might of the Meek etc) will allow you to drop
mana reservation notables (Sublime Form, Self-control) to get more AE instead
Replacing Large cluster jewels with 1 Node Voices might be considered as well

Alright thanks for the tips. I will revert and use Aspect of the spider and just sorcerer boots again. I have a headhunter now, but I think dropping 800ES for it isn't worth it. It's fun though.

I got this for 18ex, i don't know if this is a good price or not, but I could afford it and wanted to try it. This means I can drop Arcane Surge from the EK setup right? What's a good idea to use instead?

I am using Energy Leech support now, but what about Hypothermia? Or anything else?

Thanks again so much for your help!
ok so i just killed sirus A8 deathless, though my single target feels a bit meh, could be better (and its hard to boost it without my vaal gems during the fight).

not sure what im missing for single target right now.

Btw i have added smite, pretty sure it improved my damage.
Last edited by knedalah on Nov 27, 2020, 10:55:21 AM
"
goozaan wrote:
"
askaal wrote:

About Flesh and stone:
- Blind gives you very little, due to diminishing returns (you have a lot of evading just from grace)
- Less damage taken is nice, but not sure if it worth it or not

Determination - only if it is Divergent and paired with Grace

About Doriany's:
- I do not understand why people like those boots, yes you get 1 gem slot for free, but you need very specific circumstances to utilize it in a really good way
In your particular build - I would rather get rare boots, with Aspect of the spider, and replace Herald of Thunder with PoL that you get from Doriany's since you are running too many heralds anyway
- HoI gives you shattering
- HoP is 10% More damage
- HoA allows you to have target ignited, so your Cinderswallow gives you 10% more damage
All those 3 together paired with 2 Purposeful harbingers gives you 40% AE
If you were able to fit all 5 heralds, then you wouldn't need a second Purposeful harbinger, but running 4 heralds is a waste in my opinion

Life from HH will give you nothing, all auras you are running on blood magic reserve %HP

To replace your Maligaro's gloves - you'll have to make a very considerable investment
- you need to gather 150%+ Crit multi across your jewels
And then you probably opt for High Templar gloves with some great corruptions
To get a Rare Gloves into this build - is gonna be complicated

Improving the cluster jewels is nearly infinite I would say
ILVL 84 clusters with 35% increased effect, ES and Int/CritMulti, if you want to change Maligaros, are the best
Each one of those might easily cost you 100+EX

Adding more RMR on your jewels (large cluster jewels, Unnatural Instinct, might of the Meek etc) will allow you to drop
mana reservation notables (Sublime Form, Self-control) to get more AE instead
Replacing Large cluster jewels with 1 Node Voices might be considered as well

Alright thanks for the tips. I will revert and use Aspect of the spider and just sorcerer boots again. I have a headhunter now, but I think dropping 800ES for it isn't worth it. It's fun though.

I got this for 18ex, i don't know if this is a good price or not, but I could afford it and wanted to try it. This means I can drop Arcane Surge from the EK setup right? What's a good idea to use instead?

I am using Energy Leech support now, but what about Hypothermia? Or anything else?

Thanks again so much for your help!

I think this jewel is great) about its price - last time I've played watcher with conversion was about 12ex+, yours have 1 good mod, and one kinda useful (with this clarity mod you can probably use Inspiration with crit, instead of mana cost)

As your last link - use Hypothermia I think, at this stage of your build - you should be able to chill things around you

HH - is definitely the best thing for mapping, but you have to be running fast to make use of it, if you don't enjoy speed-running maps - there is not much use

But most important for you at the moment is to get flasks
Atziri is must have
And to get the effect of your jewel - you need Bottled faith I assume

"
knedalah wrote:
ok so i just killed sirus A8 deathless, though my single target feels a bit meh, could be better (and its hard to boost it without my vaal gems during the fight).

Smite is mandatory for singe-target and is included in every POB I believe

As of your single-target:
First of all, your EK is Lvl 20, its not good
I think Arcane surge is better at your main link then Controlled destruction
Get ring with Frostbite
Replace Taste of Hate with Bottled Faith

After all these - the only thing left will be increased AE you have from you medium clusters, and this can be a nearly infinite process
"
askaal wrote:
"
knedalah wrote:

Get ring with Frostbite

After all these - the only thing left will be increased AE you have from you medium clusters, and this can be a nearly infinite process

not sure how am i gonna fit in smite now, since i changed my boots for tailwind+elusive and put my vaal haste back.
maybe i should invest on a vaal shield with one of the 50% aura gems as implicit.

any suggestion on that?
"
knedalah wrote:
"
askaal wrote:
"
knedalah wrote:

Get ring with Frostbite

not sure how am i gonna fit in smite now, since i changed my boots for tailwind+elusive and put my vaal haste back.
maybe i should invest on a vaal shield with one of the 50% aura gems as implicit.

any suggestion on that?

I do run shield with Discipline personally, seems pretty OK

Another thing you can do - replace your jewel with First Among the equals + Vengeful commander with 25% increased effect + Purposeful harbinger
And drop herald of thunder

good idea. why dropping herald of thunder and not herald of ash?
"
knedalah wrote:

good idea. why dropping herald of thunder and not herald of ash?

I assume that Herald of Ash damage should be enough to ignite things, and if that is correct - you get 10% more damage from your Cinderswallow (I didn't do the math, so I might be wrong here)
Do you have a POB for the version with saqawal's nest?
"
SnakeEyes007 wrote:
Do you have a POB for the version with saqawal's nest?

Somewhere in this thread, I was theorycrafting one for someone
Short version, assuming you want to play EK but with Saqawal's, you have 10% RMR on Saqawal's, 6% RMR on your amulet and you have taken all RMR from your tree (including non-corrupted Conqueror) you get 66% RMR altogether

1. Get shield with 15% reduced mana reserved and ES, and whatever else you can
Put your biggest auras here so each of those reserves 10% (Vaal Haste, Wrath,
Zealotry) - those are mandatory auras
2. Blood magic to be replaced with enlighten I think, and linked to the rest of
biggest auras you have (Grace, Determination, Malevolence or whatever else
you want to use) - those are not mandatory, I Use grace mainly because of
Vaal Grace
3. Depending on how many RMR jewels you have - add more auras
4. Obviously run Aspect of the Avian instead of Spider

Once you have a 275% aura effect - try to get
Divergent Purity of Ice
Divergent Purity of Elements