[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

"
diablomix wrote:
"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
diablomix wrote:
I have to say. This build is up there with some of the aura stacking builds I have played in past leagues.

Nowhere near the old busted herald stacker but for way less than half the cost it competes well with current stacking builds.

Excellent all around build. The boss melting is fantastic.

Bossing wise, it is as powerful, if not more so than most 100+ex aura stacking builds.

10/10 build guide.

Build have outstanding damage and clearspeed. But survivability at least for me feels pretty unreliable. Oneshots on t16 in rituals or on guardians are not a rare thing. Literal one shots from full health to zero instantly. But i guess its more of a problem of all dodge builds.

I know OP doesn't agree but I took out spell totem + wither and am using: CWDT (L5) + Immortal Call 20% quality (L7) + Withering Step (L11) instead. Depending on how much strength you have a lower level Immortal Call is fine as well. That is 25-28% less physical and elemental damage taken before everything else gets calculated.

For me it helps a lot. Another layer that prevents brutal damage before it calculates dodge/evasion/block. When you see IC proc all the time you'll feel the difference.

Poison ramp up is so fast I don't feel the need for a spell totem. Yes there is a DPS loss but this build has so much damage I don't bother with it. Rather prefer another defensive layer.

I also changed my tree and gear a bit. Using a corrupted Poet's Pen with Unholy Might on kill and an Atziri's Flask for a bit of extra damage and it also caps my chaos resist to 76%. I rarely die. Chaos resistance is powerful this league. A 'Corrupted Blood cannot not be inflicted on you' jewel is a massive survivability boost as well.

Had no problems taking down Pure Chayula in a full party and a 100% Delirious T13.

One shots will happen. Even Aura stackers and builds with 8k+ life get wrecked at times. That's just PoE.

CWDT is nice and i used it for a long time. But honestly after changing it to wither totem nothing changed at terms of survivability at all. Like it really do nothing.
Only time i really felt the difference is when i was mapping without sand stance. Thats quite impressive how much this aura impacts survivablity.
I dont see anything that can drastically improve my survivability and no obvious way to not for example get instakilled by some legion mobs.
They are usually pretty savage.
All im talking about is that build's survivability is its weakest point and i see no obvious way of changing it. And i dont think i need, its softcore after all.
"
"jPinkmen" CWDT is nice and i used it for a long time. But honestly after changing it to wither totem nothing changed at terms of survivability at all. Like it really do nothing.
Only time i really felt the difference is when i was mapping without sand stance. Thats quite impressive how much this aura impacts survivablity.
I dont see anything that can drastically improve my survivability and no obvious way to not for example get instakilled by some legion mobs.
All im talking about is that build's survivability is its weakest point and i see no obvious way of changing it. And i dont think i need, its softcore after all.

I noticed you're not using Anomalous Blind in your gloves with your 2nd Bladefall setup. Defensively, that is massive.

With how many times we hit you are effectively blinding everything making them 50% less likely to hit you.

You mentioned how you like Flesh and Stone. Anomalous Blind will give you most of that buff.

Put Culling Strike in your Frenzy setup (Onslaught kinda sucks, rarely procs) and socket Anomalous Blind in your gloves.

That's a difference you should feel right away.

Edit: When you can, drop the vulnerability on hit ring (unless you have +2 curses) for another ring with life gained on spell hit. The extra life gained on your 2nd ring will keep your life up all the time.

Last edited by diablomix on Feb 6, 2021, 1:44:54 PM
Hello. Who can check my profile and help with improvements?
Currently, I have only 2 ex left xD
I think dps is almost ok, but it should be better.
Also sometimes character dies on red maps and some bosses.
"
jPinkmen wrote:

Build have outstanding damage and clearspeed. But survivability at least for me feels pretty unreliable. Oneshots on t16 in rituals or on guardians are not a rare thing. Literal one shots from full health to zero instantly. But i guess its more of a problem of all dodge builds.

i have the same problem. just got out of a t12 and the legion encounter flat-out 1-shot me twice.

definitely a dodge evasion thing. we have 0-damage mitigation. a hit gets through your block/evasion/dodge, you're dying.

that's why i hate playing shadows even though i love playing shadows. if i can get to t16s it will be the first time ever with a shadow build of any sort. in fact i've never gotten to t15s with a shadow. becomes way to rippy.

humorously i just deleted a chieftain because it was way too rippy. even if you build around armor, the elemental damage 1-shots you too.

it's the GGG way.
"
nogglebeak wrote:

Go for despair on hit ring instead of snakebite so you can get a 2c temp chains on hit glove. very easy to get +1 curse in a variety of different ways that are easily accessible with this build. Temp chains is amazing for this build. If I only had 1 curse to pick with this build, a build already doing lots of damage, I'd take temp chains to get some extra defense, since it also boosts our damage.
You can get 2 curses really easily. I'm running 3 and could do 4 if I thought enfeeble was worth it.

You can get despair on hit/life gain on spell hit/life rings at a fairly reasonable price.

this was great advice. i got a +1 curse ammy, put temp chains on hit on gloves and got a despair on hit ring.

unfortunately i couldn't get life of the despair on hit ring. well i could, but not for what i could afford and also get the resistance i needed.

uh, despair on hit/life gain on spell hit rings are multiple exalts. that's not really reasonable. unless you need no elemental resistance, but i'm having a terrible time keeping resistance capped. too many uniques.

however the dual curse thing is working really well. great idea ! thanks !

edit: i do wonder though if the dual curse set-up is stronger than 1-curse and an ammy anointed with dirty techniques.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Feb 6, 2021, 2:15:21 PM
"
Hello. Who can check my profile and help with improvements?
Currently, I have only 2 ex left xD
I think dps is almost ok, but it should be better.
Also sometimes character dies on red maps and some bosses.

don't forget a 21 bladefall and 21/20 bladeblast.

however generally your gear looks really good to me. do not underestimate the difference 20/20 gems will make. be sure and follow build guide and do NOT 20% your bladefall.

as for dying, welcome to playing a shadow. the dodge/evasion mechanics mean that if you get hit and your dodge/evasion doesn't work you have 0 damage mitigation and you'll die. that's just the way it is.

be sure and keep moving...
kite and keep dangerous enemies near the edge of the screen. don't keep them off screen or you won't see them telegraph their 1-hit ranged move, like Baran for example.

and why does GGG put you in little arenas ? so you can't kite. it can be really irritating.

good luck.
"
jPinkmen wrote:

CWDT is nice and i used it for a long time. But honestly after changing it to wither totem nothing changed at terms of survivability at all. Like it really do nothing.

When I droped my CWDT I noticed some diff in terms of surv. With CWDT I've never got randomly OS by any map/ritual/legion encounters running only t15-16, 1 out of 80 (maybe more) got random savage hits, with very lowrate oneshot by some bosses.

I can even facetank redeemer and warlord with just life and shield gain with hits. Maybe latter add some prof of that.

I use discipline (normal it's enough) instead of herald and in adition to the rings I use
to boost life/shield gain. Kinda hybrid, I still oneshootin almost every pack at t16s
Last edited by IzDiego on Feb 6, 2021, 8:15:00 PM
"
IzDiego wrote:

When I droped my CWDT I noticed some diff in terms of surv. With CWDT I've never got randomly OS by any map/ritual/legion encounters running only t15-16, 1 out of 80 (maybe more) got random savage hits, with very lowrate oneshot by some bosses.

I can even facetank redeemer and warlord with just life and shield gain with hits. Maybe latter add some prof of that.

I use discipline (normal it's enough) instead of herald and in adition to the rings I use
to boost life/shield gain. Kinda hybrid, I still oneshootin almost every pack at t16s

how in the world are you running discipline ? even if you remove herald of agony (which i don't think is that great either) you shouldn't have enough mana left...

i do like that you are not using precision. i just went into PoB and disabling it only seems to make a 2 or 3% difference in crit chance. hard to believe that matters. however what does seemto matter is accuracy. if you don't hit often enough with frenzy then PCoC doesn't proc and you are not generating power charges. i've noticed my charges take a while to get going and sometimes will disappear in the middle of a fight. so maybe precision is useful...

oh. so maybe without herald of agony AND precision you can fit discipline.

Last edited by plasticeyes on Feb 7, 2021, 12:19:59 AM
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
IzDiego wrote:

how in the world are you running discipline ? even if you remove herald of agony (which i don't think is that great either) you shouldn't have enough mana left...

i do like that you are not using precision. i just went into PoB and disabling it only seems to make a 2 or 3% difference. hard to believe that matters.

oh. so maybe without herald of agony AND precision you can fit discipline.

Hahaha sorry, yes, without herald and precision.

With that ES layer boost almost 1.8k EHP to my build + ES gain on watch and I'm flying over t16. I feel my damaga was enough to clear easyly t16s and very fast so I decided to run more defenses.

Also my first Cyrus A8 was deathless (I've been practicing a lot) and this was my loot
, just that and useless bases
Last edited by IzDiego on Feb 7, 2021, 12:23:55 AM
So first of all i wanted to thank you for this awesome build^^.
Im having a blast in Maps and defeating Bosses left and right.
Ive invested quiet a lot now in this Build and haven't regret it til today^^
It was my League Starter and brought me right into End Game.
Right now im not seeing anything to upgrade any more. So just farming and having fun.
My Current Gear :

Took me some time to snipe good items^^ but i think it was worth it.
One of the best builds i played so far.
And yes you can get oneshot in some Situations but i mean we play SC and POE is known for his Oneshot Mechanics.
Last edited by stDy on Feb 7, 2021, 10:59:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info