[3.14]Poison Spellslinger Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blast | Budget league start viable | Fast clear

"
LoniLoni wrote:
I was thinking about switching to this build from my current one simply because I pretty much can use everything i use now (except the weapon ofc and ring for the life on spell hit).

Iam worried about the immense visual clutter this build creates
Also questions:

Can I use diadem in this build?
Can I use impressence with despair reserves no mana?

Yolomouse is a big, big deal for me with this game, and in particular builds like this. You can set a 5x size large neon pink cursor so you don't lose it (as much) in the spam. I'm visually impaired and this is the only thing that makes this game playable with spammy builds.

Diadem doesn't work with this.

If you use impresence with despair, you're losing 350% crit and now your despair only effects things you're standing next to and also takes up already very tight gem sockets. Would not recommend.
on vile toxin why anomalous over the regular version I thought 20% poison damage for the normal one is pretty good compared to the other buffs, whither on hit for 2 seconds doesn't look good or am I just blind?
"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
IzDiego wrote:
I've been crushing all content, I still Dying against Cyrus cuz I'ts my first league against him and well, chaos dmg sucks, but elder/saper/uber elder/uber atziri/vaal temple/twins/maven (and maven challenges, just never roll increased area as advice xd), t15/16 blight etc, deathless. (With maven thing)

Been trying the harvest thing and made some things, but still working cuz bad fire rolls :c

Which could be a nice suffix on armor to craft?

Why we don't use
? Unholy hits like a truk

U can use medium cluster with Overwhelming malice to have a 100% uptime unholy might. This saves flask slot.
Against sirus any jewel with Corrupted blood cant be inflicted on you can help. Other than this its just a bad boss with lots of dangerous mechanics and a rare opportunity to learn them. Need more practice and a more safe playstyle.

Oh thanks, I didn't lnow about that cluster and already have one corruptedblood jewell, I'm practicing Cyrus every time I got it, last time just died 2 times and 1 was because I doubledashed over a storm xd.

Peace and love
"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
IzDiego wrote:
I've been crushing all content, I still Dying against Cyrus cuz I'ts my first league against him and well, chaos dmg sucks, but elder/saper/uber elder/uber atziri/vaal temple/twins/maven (and maven challenges, just never roll increased area as advice xd), t15/16 blight etc, deathless. (With maven thing)

Been trying the harvest thing and made some things, but still working cuz bad fire rolls :c

Which could be a nice suffix on armor to craft?

Why we don't use
? Unholy hits like a truk

U can use medium cluster with Overwhelming malice to have a 100% uptime unholy might. This saves flask slot.
Against sirus any jewel with Corrupted blood cant be inflicted on you can help. Other than this its just a bad boss with lots of dangerous mechanics and a rare opportunity to learn them. Need more practice and a more safe playstyle.

Bad boss with lots of dangerous mechanics and a rare opportunity to learn them, totally well said there. Sirus can be rippy, random and buggy at times, unholy might is just some phys as extra chaos, you can get it from either a cluster or a corruption on the pen(you need to kill to procc it)

I wouldnt take vulnerability curse on the ring and lose a slot with flat life tho, life rolls are important here

"
LoniLoni wrote:
I was thinking about switching to this build from my current one simply because I pretty much can use everything i use now (except the weapon ofc and ring for the life on spell hit).

Iam worried about the immense visual clutter this build creates tho (PC is no issue). I absolutely obliterate Sirus with my current Poison BV build, but the second phase just rips me a new one. Being in close range to build up the stacks during the second phase wrecks me. I would consider this build way more efficient because you can spam the blade fall, move and repeat.

Also questions:

Can I use diadem in this build?
Can I use impressence with despair reserves no mana?

With my current build i apply despair and temp chains on hit (gloves). I can now run Precision (have the Watchers Eye ofc), Agony, Purity, Malevolence and Spider (and ofc a free Despair).

There is no reason to use devouring diadem

Imprescence isnt optimal, because ungil's harmony is just too good, especially with the fact that we need to dedicate a link for the despair and once again, its a melee-ish aoe for the curse

Temp chains are useless, we apply too many poisons, duration does not matter

We need mana reservation for spell slingers, running too many auras isnt an option
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
BabyTempest wrote:
on vile toxin why anomalous over the regular version I thought 20% poison damage for the normal one is pretty good compared to the other buffs, whither on hit for 2 seconds doesn't look good or am I just blind?

Both the alt qualities are pretty good, gotta check on pob to see which gives more damage, because both poison dot multi and poison damage are additive mods
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
"
Astarift wrote:

I wouldnt take vulnerability curse on the ring and lose a slot with flat life tho, life rolls are important here

Vulnerability is a Suffix, I rolled over spell dmg instead of life sadly, and haven't the guts to try to anull or remove cast cuz it's 1/3.

Also the ring can be craft with life bench just I dont like to spend 3 mana xd and I'm over 6.5 EHP atm w/o any trouble, so went over mana reduced instead
Last edited by IzDiego on Feb 5, 2021, 1:54:07 PM
I have to say. This build is up there with some of the aura stacking builds I have played in past leagues.

Nowhere near the old busted herald stacker but for way less than half the cost it competes well with current stacking builds.

Excellent all around build. The boss melting is fantastic.

Bossing wise, it is as powerful, if not more so than most 100+ex aura stacking builds.

10/10 build guide.
"
diablomix wrote:
I have to say. This build is up there with some of the aura stacking builds I have played in past leagues.

Nowhere near the old busted herald stacker but for way less than half the cost it competes well with current stacking builds.

Bossing wise, it is as powerful, if not more so than most 100+ex aura stacking builds.

10/10 build guide.

Build have outstanding damage and clearspeed. But survivability at least for me feels pretty unreliable. Oneshots on t16 in rituals or on guardians are not a rare thing. Literal one shots from full health to zero instantly. But i guess its more of a problem of all dodge builds.
What content would you say the build excells at the most when it comes to making money bossing or something else? I find I'm having trouble breaking open all the legion packs maybe i'm just not fast enough but can this build normally open up all legion loot packs before the encounter ends was trying in vastir.
"
jPinkmen wrote:
"
diablomix wrote:

10/10 build guide.

Build have outstanding damage and clearspeed. But survivability at least for me feels pretty unreliable. Oneshots on t16 in rituals or on guardians are not a rare thing. Literal one shots from full health to zero instantly. But i guess its more of a problem of all dodge builds.

I know OP doesn't agree but I took out spell totem + wither and am using: CWDT (L5) + Immortal Call 20% quality (L7) + Withering Step (L11) instead. Depending on how much strength you have a lower level Immortal Call is fine as well. That is 25-28% less physical and elemental damage taken before everything else gets calculated.

For me it helps a lot. Another layer that prevents brutal damage before it calculates dodge/evasion/block. When you see IC proc all the time you'll feel the difference.

Poison ramp up is so fast I don't feel the need for a spell totem. Yes there is a DPS loss but this build has so much damage I don't bother with it. Rather prefer another defensive layer. In all honesty, when you're running rippy delirious maps (or Rituals for that matter) I don't want to waste even one second dropping a spell totem in the middle of a 1000 aggressive mobs. Just keep attacking and they're all gone in one second. Bossing has not been an issue at all. Its staying alive in high tier content. Withering Step also applies wither automatically. Not as powerful as standalone wither but it does work.

I also changed my tree and gear a bit. Using a corrupted Poet's Pen with Unholy Might on kill and an Atziri's Flask for a bit of extra damage and it also caps my chaos resist to 76%. I rarely die. Chaos resistance is powerful this league. A 'Corrupted Blood cannot not be inflicted on you' jewel is a massive survivability boost as well.

Had no problems taking down Pure Chayula in a full party and a 100% Delirious T13.

One shots will happen. Even Aura stackers and builds with 8k+ life get wrecked at times. That's just PoE.
Last edited by diablomix on Feb 6, 2021, 1:51:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info