[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

"
Abic1998 wrote:
I'm having some difficulties using the pastebin, it says the build is using an unrecognized version of the passive skill tree, any solutions?

You need the community fork PoB
In ssf how important do you think the damage from carnige heart is or should I get a rare with more resists?
I have about 30 ex to put in.

What should be my major upgrade?

And is this good for this build?

My 6L has been:
Lancing Steel -> Impale -> Brutality -> Main -> Vicious Projectsiles -> Lesser Multiple Projectiles

My thought was "more projectiles = good, and LMP has a much less severe penalty compared to GMP".

My damage has been lackluster, though.

I noticed that the OP (and also some of the top tier players on poe.ninja) use either:

Damage On Full Life Support
Slower Projectiles

Now, damage on full life I can understand. 60% more multiplier seems like it could offset the loss from the projectiles I would lose from ditching LMP.

I don't understand the rationale behind Slower Projectiles though.

It is a more multiplier (29%) but isn't every single other thing about it bad for the build since the more enemies you hit in the least amount of time is what is driving the healing?

So... what am I not understanding? Why slower projectiles?

"
TheRealDeria wrote:
My 6L has been:
Lancing Steel -> Impale -> Brutality -> Main -> Vicious Projectsiles -> Lesser Multiple Projectiles

My thought was "more projectiles = good, and LMP has a much less severe penalty compared to GMP".

My damage has been lackluster, though.

I noticed that the OP (and also some of the top tier players on poe.ninja) use either:

Damage On Full Life Support
Slower Projectiles

Now, damage on full life I can understand. 60% more multiplier seems like it could offset the loss from the projectiles I would lose from ditching LMP.

I don't understand the rationale behind Slower Projectiles though.

It is a more multiplier (29%) but isn't every single other thing about it bad for the build since the more enemies you hit in the least amount of time is what is driving the healing?

So... what am I not understanding? Why slower projectiles?

even tho more projectiles sounds better, in this case not, atleast thats what Path of building fork calculates for it, and thats right because u have so many projectiles, slower projectile basically buffs all the "million" other small projectiles, dont forget about that, and that why its better than just adding 2-3 or even more projectiles without a dmg multiplier.

iam lvl 100 lancing steel player and the only reason u can use damage on full life to its full potential is when you use "Offering to the Serpent"
gloves, because even on full life you keep leeching, which dont ping pong damage on full life all the time,
as said if you dont use this gloves, it doesnt makes sense, since blood rage degen just makes you play on a 5 link all day
"
Wuhki wrote:

even tho more projectiles sounds better, in this case not, atleast thats what Path of building fork calculates for it, and thats right because u have so many projectiles, slower projectile basically buffs all the "million" other small projectiles, dont forget about that, and that why its better than just adding 2-3 or even more projectiles without a dmg multiplier.

Based on this, I got myself a slower projectiles gem and tried it out. It does indeed feel better! Thanks for the advice.
"
Saithe wrote:
"
Raider is much better definately.

Now, single target seems complete garbage vs big guys, regular map bosses are fine but guardians/conqs the dmg is terrible even when using mark+vuln.

It gets to a point where paradoxica needs to go for a big foil otherwise i have no idea how that veritania gif was made.

You have an absolutely awful Ryslathas and it's not qualitied. Your paradoxica is also pretty poor. You bought a helm without the enchant which is the reason people tend to use that helm. The extra curse annoint is actually a trap for this build also. Non-21 lancing steel, 21/23s for it are pretty cheap. No impale watchers eye with pride, not acc capped.

Could you explain why the extra curse annoint is a trap for this build?
Wouldn't it be better to be able to able a mark and a curse on a target?
It's not a trap at all. I am not sure why that comment was made. Vulnerability + Sniper's Mark for big damage or Poacher's Mark for less damage but more life gain is superior to just vulnerability any way you look at it.

What other prefix would go on the armor in place of +1 curse anyway? Phys taken as lightning is cool, % life is never bad, but the build is basically a kill-or-be-killed playstyle anyway. Better to double down on damage.
I've been playing this build since Ritual League start, and I have some comments I'd like to add:
1. Mercenary's Lot is practically ESSENTIAL for this build to feel good to play. It's only 1c a week into the League, and the constant transference of your Poacher's Mark and Sniper's Mark turns a frustrating and inefficient spamming of casting mark into a fast-clearing menace.

Poacher's Mark grants a frenzy charge on kill, but with the Mercenary's Lot it gives you the frenzy charge AND transfers the mark, getting you to max frenzy charges instantly off a single cast on a single pack.

Sniper's Mark will triple your projectiles constantly, which, when playing Deadeye, will redirect from terrain straight back into other monsters. As long as the mark is constantly moving, this makes Rituals into an infinite field of shrapnel bursts.

2. If you're struggling to afford a 6L The Perfect Form, keep an eye out for 6l The Snowblind Grace unique body armor. This item is far cheaper, from 50c-1ex, and can be upgraded to The Perfect Form with a Tul's Blessing (1c).

3. If you can get up to 4k+ max Life from other items, hang on to the Thief's Torment until you can find either 2 rings with 20+HP life leech and -5 to cost of non-channeling skills or an Unset ring to put Clarity in and the Watcher's eye already mentioned. The Thief's Torment ring is incredible for mana sustain during fights, as long as you make sure you always start with enough mana for a single cast of Lancing Steel.

4. A sidenote on Flasks, make sure to keep at least 2 green flasks, one with "of Warding", and one with "of Heat." Freeze is the MOST DANGEROUS ailment for this build, since you rely on projectile hits to maintain Life. Bleeding, Corrupted Blood, and Poison can (mostly) be mitigated using your life leech, but I still keep a Curing flask on hand for Al-Hezmin fights.

5. Thank you so much for coming up with this build, this is probably my favorite build that I've played in my 4 leagues of playing! I'll try to record an Infused Beachhead with the Mercenary's Lot for community videos soon ^^
Last edited by Celestialex on Feb 15, 2021, 1:35:29 AM
Could some experienced players critique my current character? I'm seeing many people hitting 40+ million dps on POB but I haven't even broken through 2mil. Granted I think most of my gear is pretty rubbish and would appreciate which items I could look into upgrading first. Appreciate it.

https://pastebin.com/Pdwst2Lp
IGN: Trimetric

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info