[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

So I'm running a Lioneyes Vision as a pseudo 6 linked, for the pierce(Raider). However I'm thinking it would be better to run a 5-link Perfect form and drop pierce and instead just rely on the +2 pierce from the amulet. Clearspeed might be lower, however survivability would improve dramatically, which is the main weakpoint atm. Opinions?

Also is there a reason Vaal Grace is not mentioned in the PoB or in the thread? Forgot about it until I saw Am1l from the previous page having it in his build.

Last edited by TheKenjataimu on Jan 22, 2021, 10:23:41 AM
"
TheKenjataimu wrote:
So I'm running a Lioneyes Vision as a pseudo 6 linked, for the pierce(Raider). However I'm thinking it would be better to run a 5-link Perfect form and drop pierce and instead just rely on the +2 pierce from the amulet. Clearspeed might be lower, however survivability would improve dramatically, which is the main weakpoint atm. Opinions?

Also is there a reason Vaal Grace is not mentioned in the PoB or in the thread? Forgot about it until I saw Am1l from the previous page having it in his build.

I imported your character into PoB. My recommendations are:

• Your life is WAY too low (if the 3.6k is accurate). You should aim for over 5k.
  • Lots of people have been recommending all these unique items in this thread (Darkray, Haemophilia...) but the reason I didn't have them in my original PoB is defenses. Neither of them have life and you're just building into a glass cannon if you go that way. That's a valid choice, but you can't have everything.
  • Make sure you are aware that you are mixing Point Blank and Far Shot. This is fine, it just trades your top end damage for better coverage.
  • Stay in sand stance if you are having survival problems (if you're not already). Flesh and Stone in sand stance is one of the best defenses out there.
  • You have 2 curses equipped but don't have extra curse anointed. I would get an amulet with Whispers of Doom anointed (or one you can do it yourself). Basically your mark-on-hit ring is going to override any vulnerability you cast right now.
  • Maybe aim for a tree more like this at your current level and find the resist/stat gear you need to make it happen: https://pastebin.com/0RagTFKC. Probably drop some uniques for life+resist to make it work.
If PoB is correct, when I pop my Jade flask (with 100% increased evasion), I'm showing 95% evade chance. Is that even possible? On top of 75% dodge? Evade has no cap (or 95% cap?) How does that translate into the real game?

Now I just need more than 3.5m damage.

EDIT: https://pastebin.com/PVGxv07K in case you need it
Last edited by cuorebrave on Jan 22, 2021, 3:33:53 PM
I've kinda hit a wall at the moment.

Not quite sure how to upgrade. I know I need Dying Sun - which is getting price fixed atm. My gems are close to hitting max, so that will be good.

How important is Thread of Hope?

I know I need more hps, although I find I can't really be killed while attacking and tend to die when my hands get tired and I stop attacking...

Overall the build is feeling good but it's gonna be a long way to getting The Saviour and other really expensive extention pieces.

Would appreciate any thoughts!
"
cuorebrave wrote:
If PoB is correct, when I pop my Jade flask (with 100% increased evasion), I'm showing 95% evade chance. Is that even possible? On top of 75% dodge? Evade has no cap (or 95% cap?) How does that translate into the real game?

Now I just need more than 3.5m damage.

EDIT: https://pastebin.com/PVGxv07K in case you need it

Evade is capped at 95% yeah. Evade Chance in this game is entropy based rather than true random like Dodge is, so 95% Evade Chance means every 20th attack will hit you (and can then be Dodged/Blocked still). Capping Evade Chance on Raider is pretty trivial, especially if you're running the Blind from Flesh and Stone Sand Stance.
Last edited by tealjaker on Jan 22, 2021, 5:56:33 PM
"
tealjaker wrote:

Evade is capped at 95% yeah. Evade Chance in this game is entropy based rather than true random like Dodge is, so 95% Evade Chance means every 20th attack will hit you (and can then be Dodged/Blocked still). Capping Evade Chance on Raider is pretty trivial, especially if you're running the Blind from Flesh and Stone Sand Stance.

Thanks for the explanation. Further question - the one, every 20 that hits me, do I still have a 75% chance to dodge it?

Quick question, to all: Any worth in getting the LARGE Thread of hope and picking up both Swift Skewering and Blade Sovereign? Seems like those nodes would be pretty good to have both. Thoughts?
Last edited by cuorebrave on Jan 22, 2021, 7:17:33 PM
"
cuorebrave wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. Further question - the one, every 20 that hits me, do I still have a 75% chance to dodge it?

Yeah your dodge gets calculated after evasion chance. So you'd have a 75% chance that 1 in 20 hit gets dodged. And if it's not dodged, it'll then roll block, which should probably be around 10% based on my own.
And I thought Potfinder was bad... my wrists hurt so much that I had to reroll a necro.

10/10
Would daressos defiance with the 60-100% increased onslaught effect be any good for this build as raider? Or is it best to stick with perfect form?

Digging the build so far as raider with the increased frenzy charges. although i might change haemophilia for the great old one gloves with +1 to frenzy implicit. For more impale chance and life.
"
cuorebrave wrote:
"
tealjaker wrote:
Quick question, to all: Any worth in getting the LARGE Thread of hope and picking up both Swift Skewering and Blade Sovereign? Seems like those nodes would be pretty good to have both. Thoughts?

I think that's definitely worth considering. Blade Sovereign didn't exist when I played this build and made the guide, so I don't have a sense of how valuable it really is. Downside is you have to drop some health, which is a precious commodity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info