[3.12 build idea] BEXSAYSBOOM, Maw of Mischief theory crafting

"
Gavve wrote:
I'm going to try to level as burning arrow. A 6L Ashrend will take you to endgame and costs about 10c. You'll be getting the fire multiplier/ignite chance ascendency point as well. First lab is probably that or Cleansing Water for +100 fire res for easy gearing while leveling. Just rush Resolute Technique and then Spiritual Aid. If you have enough accuracy you ofcourse get EO instead. The tree is pretty much the same as the endgame tree (Maybe get some fire multiplier nodes and respecc them later).

That actually sounds like a really solid idea and makes sense considering our ascendancy choice, bonus point for the fact that I havent played with burning arrow in ages +++
for those better than I at making builds, you can put cast while channeling desecrate, raise zombies into Maw of Mischief then deathwish will both summon aggressive zombies that are already marked. As well as replenish the corpses needed to make more.
"
Gavve wrote:
"
Smerte wrote:
"
Gavve wrote:
Same here, just started leveling one! Just don't make a chieftain and expect it to be great right away. You need Cluster jewels (1 large is enough) and an Elegant hubris with minion life and minion damage (at least minion life since we lack that as a chieftain). The Necromancer gets both minion damage and minion life (30% more life is a lot), Chieftain doesn't get any of it.

And also note that the Chieftain needs 1 more button if you want to sustain Endurance charges on bosses (Enduring cry). When clearing the %chance on kill should be perfectly fine.

Oh ye no problem there, this is more of a side project for me! I have around 3-4ex to throw into it straight away and more later on so Im just hoping I can get it somewhat running with that :D At the moment I'm just wondering how Im gonna level this pseudosummoner chieftain..

I'm going to try to level as burning arrow. A 6L Ashrend will take you to endgame and costs about 10c. You'll be getting the fire multiplier/ignite chance ascendency point as well. First lab is probably that or Cleansing Water for +100 fire res for easy gearing while leveling. Just rush Resolute Technique and then Spiritual Aid. If you have enough accuracy you ofcourse get EO instead. The tree is pretty much the same as the endgame tree (Maybe get some fire multiplier nodes and respecc them later).

One very cheap chieftain leveling option I had was Discharge with Realm Ender(4L-6L depending on how much you can spend) and Replica Ambu’s charge, you basically delete everything while being tanky with Endurance charges, it lasted me through Uber Izaro, the tree looks kinda similar to the DeathWish build too, I’m currently at a restaurant but for those who want to look at the tree you can search up my character tab.
"
Elzrath wrote:
for those better than I at making builds, you can put cast while channeling desecrate, raise zombies into Maw of Mischief then deathwish will both summon aggressive zombies that are already marked. As well as replenish the corpses needed to make more.

You can summon Zombies without Corpses with the Unique Gloves : Aukuna’s Will.
If CwC is what you want, beware that Deathwish’s damage will be decreased because you lost 2 support gems that could be linked, otherwise do what you want :D
I added support for Death Wish in the latest PoB (and the Maw of Mischief unique item). Let me know what you guys think.

Equipping the item will open up a a Configuration Tab option to specify the number of stages to use for calculation.

Death Wish has two parts, the Channelling which grants 40% increased Attack/Cast/Move Speed to Minions and the "Minion Explosion" piece which has it's on Average Hit (and DPS). I wouldn't pay attention to the DPS much, but rather the Average Hit (it is per minion). You can use the Config Tab "Enemy Corpse Life" to set a specific minion life value that you are blowing up.
Nostrademous
Wowie, if the PoB numbers are right we can reach absolutely nuts damage with death wish :D
"
Smerte wrote:
Wowie, if the PoB numbers are right we can reach absolutely nuts damage with death wish :D

Well, you have to get to 13 stages which can take some time standing still depending on your cast speed. Also, I assume you guys are using Purity Sentinels for the large explosion.

Lastly, I tried this in game and looks promising, However, elemental reflect will kill you (even though skill claims to not be reflectable).

The Calcs Tab provides a breakdown for most of the numbers so please do double check I didn’t mess anything up.
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Sep 30, 2020, 6:46:18 PM
"
Nostrademous wrote:
Well, you have to get to 13 stages which can take some time standing still depending on your cast speed. Also, I assume you guys are using Purity Sentinels for the large explosion.

Lastly, I tried this in game and looks promising, However, elemental reflect will kill you (even though skill claims to not be reflectable).

The Calcs Tab provides a breakdown for most of the numbers so please do double check I didn’t mess anything up.

Oh I didnt mean it in that way that you would have any of the numbers wrong, and like you said it makes sense that the numbers are pretty big with high death wish stacks + 200k hp sentinels! Thank you for adding death wish support, definitely makes it a lot easier to figure out how to get the most out of this new ability! :)

EDIT: And the damage really feels good too, I just reached level 72 and was able to equip all of my stuff, so far I've one shotted every map boss :D
Last edited by Smerte on Sep 30, 2020, 7:20:59 PM
I can't really assume without asking so I might as well.

Is Death Wish castable while unarmed? I would think not, but if it can be how does this interact with Dancing Duo? If it works, I would assume you just generate more swords for free through Rampage state.

If you have to have a wand uh.....hey Bex can you make this an unarmed "spell" that would be cool.

What does this look like with skitterbots? Do they even have a health value above 1? Does it matter if they do if they self-generate through the aura?

Basically I want exploding swords, but I'm assuming quite a lot.
"
Nostrademous wrote:
"
Smerte wrote:

For the ele reflect "problem" just get a cheap 100% reduced reflected damage chest with 100+ life. They are basically free since you don't need the links.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/k7LV2pWF5

And you understood the "not be reflectable" wrong. It's the corpse explosion part that can't be reflected but the spell also has a base fire damage explosion that can be reflected. Just like Detonate Dead. As an example with a minion with 0 hp (no Corpse explosion damage) I still hit for 80+k according to PoB.

And great that Death Wish is now in PoB!

On the Chieftain that Im leveling now:
My skeletons (Max 7 I think) detonates for about 118k damage each. Perfectly fine for clearing and even some bosses.
My Sentinels (283k hp) detonates for 1.95 million damage each. It deletes bosses even if this in reality is a lower since I never hit 13 stacks (I have 11 minions in total).

On bosses I usually go: Ball lightning (easy HoP summon) -> Unleash skeletons (7 instantly) -> Death Wish up to 11 -> Dead boss.

Edit:
OH, I didn't even realize it was set to stage 0...
With Stage 11 (max for me):
Sentinel explosion: 4090977 damage (thats 4 million)
Skeleton explosion: 248262 damage (248 thousand)
That's a total of 18,101,742 damage for 1 "cycle".

Now I REALLY want a +1 sentinel Maw of Mischief ;)
Last edited by Gavve on Oct 1, 2020, 3:34:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info