[3.12 build idea] BEXSAYSBOOM, Maw of Mischief theory crafting

Thanks, maybe Idolised saint as spectre? They got holy fire on death, I don't know, maybe it's scaling with minion damage, that would be helpful. Is BloodBond good for us?
Last edited by Arfihk on Oct 10, 2020, 3:24:12 AM
Which weapon is the best for single target for us? And which stats in clusters I need to seek for? I'm trying to get as much dps as I can, so if You know which one is the best for single target, then tell me, please. Thanks for help
Last edited by Arfihk on Oct 10, 2020, 9:15:40 AM
"
Arfihk wrote:
Which weapon is the best for single target for us? And which stats in clusters I need to seek for? I'm trying to get as much dps as I can, so if You know which one is the best for single target, then tell me, please. Thanks for help

I personally have not tried spectres yet, but in terms of single target, you rely heavily on Herald of Purity's sentinels, that is why in Gavve's build he uses +2 duration shield and empower, so ideally, you would want +1 minion gem +1 to all skill gem Convoking Wand for weapon, it has the highest potential if you use fossil crafting, Ghazzy posted a new video on how to craft this, I recommend checking the video out.
"
Suzu520 wrote:
"
Arfihk wrote:

I personally have not tried spectres yet, but in terms of single target, you rely heavily on Herald of Purity's sentinels, that is why in Gavve's build he uses +2 duration shield and empower, so ideally, you would want +1 minion gem +1 to all skill gem Convoking Wand for weapon, it has the highest potential if you use fossil crafting, Ghazzy posted a new video on how to craft this, I recommend checking the video out.

Well, yes and no. I'm not sure a +2 wand beats The Scourge when you have +minion damage Elegant Hubris. Each 80% node is worth 120% damage with that claw.

Especially not if you have a +2 duration shield since the level scaling isn't that crazy after a while (in terms of HoP life).

Scourge with Lvl 30 HoP = 212k hp = 3.87 million damage
Wand with lvl 32 HoP (and a crafted minion damage roll) = 238k hp = 3.16 million damage

Price difference:
Wand = 7-8 ex?
Claw = 2c

You also save 5 nodes on the tree since you don't have to get Spiritual aid.
Last edited by Gavve on Oct 11, 2020, 5:46:27 AM
"
Gavve wrote:
"
Suzu520 wrote:
"
Arfihk wrote:

Well, yes and no. I'm not sure a +2 wand beats The Scourge when you have +minion damage Elegant Hubris. Each 80% node is worth 120% damage with that claw.

Especially not if you have a +2 duration shield since the level scaling isn't that crazy after a while (in terms of HoP life).

Wand with lvl 32 HoP (and a crafted minion damage roll) = 238k hp = 3.16 million damage

Price difference:
Wand = 7-8 ex?
Claw = 2c

Thanks for the help, it looks a lot cheaper using the scourge

"
Gavve wrote:
"
Suzu520 wrote:
"
Arfihk wrote:

Price difference:
Wand = 7-8 ex?
Claw = 2c

I'm fairly new to the game (this is my second league) and completely new to exploding minions but the Death Wish mechanic looks cool so I thought I'd try it out. I was previously following this person's build that I found on poe.ninja but since then his profile can no longer be found on that site for some reason: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kilerkan/characters?characterName=KikiPopcorn

I've been trying to copy their build to the best of my limited skill and budget, but looking ahead, is it better to go down the Chieftan route that you have over investing in the Necromancer build that I'm currently in? I'm only level 79 and doing yellow maps (don't know if that means I'm on track or whether I'm behind) but I've been doing okay for now. I 1-shot most bosses with enough SRS swarming them after spawn and I usually don't die when running through the area unless the map has elemental reflect.

If going down the Necromancer route is viable, would you recommend going with The Sourge and Vix Lunaris shield as you have? Or try to save up for the "trigger a socketed spell" wand and "chance to double damage" shield combo? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Izzuedotcom on Oct 12, 2020, 2:30:10 PM
"
Izzuedotcom wrote:

I'm fairly new to the game (this is my second league) and completely new to exploding minions but the Death Wish mechanic looks cool so I thought I'd try it out. I was previously following this person's build that I found on poe.ninja but since then his profile can no longer be found on that site for some reason: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kilerkan/characters?characterName=KikiPopcorn

I've been trying to copy their build to the best of my limited skill and budget, but looking ahead, is it better to go down the Chieftan route that you have over investing in the Necromancer build that I'm currently in? I'm only level 79 and doing yellow maps (don't know if that means I'm on track or whether I'm behind) but I've been doing okay for now. I 1-shot most bosses with enough SRS swarming them after spawn and I usually don't die when running through the area unless the map has elemental reflect.

If going down the Necromancer route is viable, would you recommend going with The Sourge and Vix Lunaris shield as you have? Or try to save up for the "trigger a socketed spell" wand and "chance to double damage" shield combo? Thanks in advance!

It's down to personal preference imo, bone offering is great for survivability, %chance to deal double damage is also nice to have, again, the scourge (for superior minion damage bonus to your skill) and vis lunaris (for cheap shield that gives you +3 base for HoP and Freeze immunity) are cheap alternatives and I believe that rares are going to be the min-max version of this build.

As for Ascendancy, Necromancer and Chieftain are both viable options, usually people go Chieftain for most effective fire damage scaling, Necromancer for minion gem scaling + other utilities such as Aura/Offering/Corpses.

So I think the question is, do you want a beefy boy or spell girl during leveling.
"
Suzu520 wrote:
"
Izzuedotcom wrote:

It's down to personal preference imo, bone offering is great for survivability, %chance to deal double damage is also nice to have, again, the scourge (for superior minion damage bonus to your skill) and vis lunaris (for cheap shield that gives you +3 base for HoP and Freeze immunity) are cheap alternatives and I believe that rares are going to be the min-max version of this build.

As for Ascendancy, Necromancer and Chieftain are both viable options, usually people go Chieftain for most effective fire damage scaling, Necromancer for minion gem scaling + other utilities such as Aura/Offering/Corpses.

So I think the question is, do you want a beefy boy or spell girl during leveling.

Thanks for the detailed reply! I appreciate it :) I guess for the time being I'll stick to the spell girl that I have instead of making a new character, and min/max to the best of my ability from there.

Your build with the Soulwrest staff looks really interesting too. How does it play out? Do you typically rely on the the summoned phantasms to do projectile damage? Or do you use them as a reliable source of minion fodder to explode via Death Wish?

With my current set up, I have totems that trigger SRS to provide Death Wish fodder, and HoP sentinels that supplement that. However, I've noticed that I'm prone to dying when the totems that summon SRS are destroyed before the minions are summoned since that's my main source of damage. Destroying the totems also don't allow me to get my HoP sentinels up since my ability to hit/kill mobs is gone. I'm wondering if it would help my overall survivability to have a set up like yours, where Flesh Offering & Desecrate can more reliably provide minion fodder (let's say in place of HoP sentinels) to supplement the SRS totems, or if your set up can replace the need for SRS totems altogether.

Thanks again!
"
Izzuedotcom wrote:

Thanks for the detailed reply! I appreciate it :) I guess for the time being I'll stick to the spell girl that I have instead of making a new character, and min/max to the best of my ability from there.

Your build with the Soulwrest staff looks really interesting too. How does it play out? Do you typically rely on the the summoned phantasms to do projectile damage? Or do you use them as a reliable source of minion fodder to explode via Death Wish?

With my current set up, I have totems that trigger SRS to provide Death Wish fodder, and HoP sentinels that supplement that. However, I've noticed that I'm prone to dying when the totems that summon SRS are destroyed before the minions are summoned since that's my main source of damage. Destroying the totems also don't allow me to get my HoP sentinels up since my ability to hit/kill mobs is gone. I'm wondering if it would help my overall survivability to have a set up like yours, where Flesh Offering & Desecrate can more reliably provide minion fodder (let's say in place of HoP sentinels) to supplement the SRS totems, or if your set up can replace the need for SRS totems altogether.

Thanks again!

Hey no problemo :D My soulwrest build's playstyle is just constantly refreshing offering skills to trigger phantasms, and then when it comes to bossing you stack them up for Deathwish explosion. Unfortunately their base hp is no where as high as other base minions other than having HoP sentinels, so this version is basically typical Soulwrest build with some bossing damage that it usually lacked. During mapping you just let phantasms to do the job for you and for tough mobs your Deathwish will prevail. But keep in mind that when you use Deathwish you'll have to recast Offerings again to trigger more phantasms, so in terms of sustained damage it's a bit clunkier than other builds.
"
Izzuedotcom wrote:

If you have minion life cluster jewel and a minion life/damage Elegant Hubris (Unique jewel with random mods if you're that new) I recommend Chieftain every day of the week. As a starter I would choose Necromancer though. A Necromancer with Doryani's Catalyst and a Soul Tether belt is a cheap option for overleech = survivability. I did Sirus (A6) with Necromancer without a problem with only 1 cluster jewel (2 is better if you don't have an Elegant Hubris).

My current Chieftain doesn't need that since I have crazy high regen and 9873 hp (lvl 95). I have about 3.5k hp regen per second and 4k leech/s at the moment. Got 249% life on the tree and 78/77/77/75 res. :) I use a Vix Lunaris and The scourge and I have no issues with Sirus A8 at all.

And regarding The Scourge. It's very good if you have a lot of minion damage nodes (I have +240% from the Elegant Hubris jewel). If you only stack minion life (like with a Necromancer) there are better options (but it's still a great cheap wepaon).

Edit:
High HP regen+leech is not the only defence I use though.
I also combo Perma blind (Flesh and stone) with Dread Banner (21% less accuracy from nearby enemies). It is a crazy strong defensive combo for 35% mana cost (without reduced mana cost nodes).
And I also use Arctic Armour (13% less phys and fire damage taken)
Last edited by Gavve on Oct 14, 2020, 8:25:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info