[3.12] Sword & Board Smite Juggernaut - D3 Style (All Uniques!), Fast, Tanky, Fun, Cheap to Start

"
Have to say the small videos are very refreshing to see on a build guide, makes it feel more realistic and not just a the guide maker claiming things but actually showing them.

I'm on a private league without much trade, how do you think this would fair in a semi SSF situation?

I know exactly what you mean. Over the years I've had a fair share of people PM me and say they were coming from some BS guide that oversold and then under delivered. Can't imagine a worse feeling than spending a bunch of time and exalts on a pipedream. So, I try to make sure I don't mislead people, and the best way to do that is to let you guys judge for yourselves.

Well, in SSF, you can farm "The Gladiator" cards pretty easy. If you get "Devoto's", cool! If you get "Bringer of Rain", that will carry you well into mapping. So, I don't see a problem.

You can also farm "Earth Drinker" for "Lion's Roar". Atziri for her flask, "Overflowing Chalice" is a pretty common drop and "Wise Oak" is not incredibly rare either.

"Death's Doors" you can farm in Uber Lab. You can try to chance "Inpulsa's", "The Taming", "Yoke of Suffering" and "Valako's", but nobody ever said this build wouldn't work with GG rares.

So, I think you'd be fine, but really success in SSF depends on your level of expertise with the game, luck and how imaginative/creative you are.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 3, 2020, 4:31:28 PM
Cheers for the in-depth reply, will make it much easier to farm these knowing what I need.

Just some feedback for what I noticed when preparing to level this,
- recommended unique shields for leveling (or if to use shield at all while leveling)
- priority list for gems do whats important for a 5 link and then the final 6 link
- include the leveling in the PoB, if your busy I don't mind adding this myself for you
- Bandit choice (I took +2 as what stated in pob but was a guess)
"
Cheers for the in-depth reply, will make it much easier to farm these knowing what I need.

Just some feedback for what I noticed when preparing to level this,
- recommended unique shields for leveling (or if to use shield at all while leveling)
- priority list for gems do whats important for a 5 link and then the final 6 link
- include the leveling in the PoB, if your busy I don't mind adding this myself for you
- Bandit choice (I took +2 as what stated in pob but was a guess)

You're welcome!

All the unique shields work. Whatever you can get your hands on, but if you can get a Lycosidae, then there's no need to grab Resolute Technique before Elemental Overload.

Gems... too much hand holding. That's what PoB is for. People struggling a bit is a good confidence builder and teacher.

Sure, if you wanna chronicle your SSF leveling experience to help others, I'll include it in the main post.

Bandit... too much hand holding. It's in the PoB as you said ;)

GLSS!
I am having fun with this build. Just got to maps.

The unique listed are strong but notice there are not many sources of life. What's your life total with 4 jewels going? Did you consider abyss jewel for flat life.

And yes a few items are expensive. if you could only get one wrath mod on watchers eye which one would you recommend.

i am thinking watchers eye before ryslatha?
"
kaiserluger wrote:
I am having fun with this build. Just got to maps.

The unique listed are strong but notice there are not many sources of life. What's your life total with 4 jewels going? Did you consider abyss jewel for flat life.

And yes a few items are expensive. if you could only get one wrath mod on watchers eye which one would you recommend.

i am thinking watchers eye before ryslatha?

Sweet glad to hear you're having fun!

Did not consider Abyss jewels since I'm optimizing attack speed. I'm at 5.3k right now and will be 5.5k at 98. More than enough for my taste, but obviously going rares you could get a ton more life and there are plenty of nodes in the tree free to grab.

Penetration is gonna be the best stat.

Either one is fine, whatever ur budget says imo.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 5, 2020, 2:38:48 PM
3.12 New 83 Heist Video and Cheap Glove Option

Since Attack Speed feels so good I wanted to try Ondar's and found these for 10c

They are a considerable DPS up for me in PoB:

I also bought Awaken. Hextouch 5/20 for 8ex and then sold my 3/20 for 6ex, so I think a pretty good deal for the time saved.

Here's how I'm looking with both of these changes and set to lvl 98:

https://pastebin.com/mUadnegB

Here's me using all these goodies in a juicy 83 Lockpicking Heist:

Youtube: Smite Jugg - 83 Heist (Juicy Lockpicking!)

I had promised a better video and I think this qualifies ;)

(Apologies for the grey box in the corner, my camera recorded the ceiling, wasn't supposed to be recording at all.)

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm gonna give a different anoint a try:

Since I gain a ton of AS from Ondar's, that offsets losing Panopticon in exchange for some very nice lightning related bonuses that don't depend on the totem being up. Just exploring different options and so far it feels pretty good! The video was with Panopticon, though.

GL!
Last edited by corosou on Oct 6, 2020, 1:27:47 AM
Hey man love the build i have a quick question what would you upgrade first body armour or weapon? :)
"
faltogar wrote:
Hey man love the build i have a quick question what would you upgrade first body armour or weapon? :)

Sweet thanks )

Def chest! You'll love the sweet explosions.
- lack of ele ailment avoidance (brittle would make u pop, good You have shock avoidance. Freeze immune can be solved by a flask or an ascendancy)
- lack of chaos res
- low block chance/ no spell block
- get some curse immunity on a flask

These are Next to get ... Try to kill shaper/elder, A8 Sirius, deathless. If u can manage that, You can call that build tanky. Otherwise it’s “more stable glass cannon that don’t die that often”, IMHO.
JK. Great job with unique management. But for sure, try to reach endgame content like listed above, or Aul. U will get a perspective what “tanky” means.
Just start using smite. It’s fun and different. Are you using any alternative gems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info