Flame Wall

Currently running a Blazing Salvo+Flame Fall trickster, only lv76 by now but without any problem. Flame Wall does what it says, the damage of the secondary debuff is comparable to other fire DoT spells, with higher potential area coverage when paired with a nice projectile skill, but at the cost of a slower clear speed.

The good part is that the wall itself isn't burning ground, so it stacks with fire trap/Flame dash. The bad part is that the added flat fire damage is rather low, it penalties the skill more than actually improving it since it nullifies the option to self-feedback with EE.

As a suggestion, I'd add a threshold jewel to get rid of the added flat fire damage, even if apparently it has no upside. Basically because most other fire DoT spells don't hit and are perfectly suitable for EE, so with the proper build Flame Wall still falls behind those skills by a wide margin.
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
Hi, I have a question: Does the burning debuff from flame wall qualify as a "burn" for Immolate to give flat damage to another skill? Is the enemy really "burning"?
"The one who dies with the most toys is still dead."
- Geth, keeper of the Vault.

"
meerkatz13 wrote:
Hi, I have a question: Does the burning debuff from flame wall qualify as a "burn" for Immolate to give flat damage to another skill? Is the enemy really "burning"?

All fire damage over time is burning damage. The flame wall skill itself says it deals burning damage. If an enemy is taking damage over time that deals fire damage, it is burning.

It is very simple unlike a lot of mechanics, yet the way it has its own keyword that isn't explained makes it easy to second guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info