Flame Wall

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Oct 4, 2022, 6:18:49 PM
I have been playing with flame wall since the launch. Reached 86 on a Elementalist. It's a great skill to play with.

It is working as intended as far as I can tell, except for the visuals.

The flames look very different then in the preview. It's definitely another asset then was shown.

Sometimes when placed close to the character the flames clutter the whole screen because they go from floor three times as high as they should. And the flames are not transparent as was shown in the preview.
Bad Seed
I originally wanted to make a pure Flame Wall build, but found my self disappointed after gaining the skill gem.
The cast range is just to short for comfortable gameplay. I'm not saying it is not possible to play a pure Flame Wall build, I simply didn't enjoy the game feel with the unexpected short cast range.

Amazing skill! Playing Ignite-Fireball-Trickster this league, Level 89 so far and it feels really good with couple good items and proper build. Absolutely top notch damage and clearing capabilities for Breaches, Delirium and especially Blighted Maps thanks to Flame Wall!

You can use the skill itself for damage and also as a combo with throwing other projectile based skills through it.

I like the combo gameplay... putting down the flame wall - throwing some GMP´ed Fireballs and let everything melt.

We need more of these interacting skills like Flame Wall/Fireball, ED/Contagion and Ice Nova/Frost Bolt.

Personally I think the graphics might be a little "outdated" compared to the visual effects of other skill gems. The fire created by the wall should in my opinion be a little "denser" but thats not a big issue.

Would rate Flame Wall 9/10. You did a great job on this one for sure!
The skill is great, and looks amazing, damage is great....BUT!!!!

Increasing your AOE radius does some extremely offputting things to this skill when paired with spell cascade. The distance between each wall gets larger to the point where there are huge gaps in between each wall. You would think that increased aoe would also increase the width of the wall but sadly it doesn't. Making it impossible to cover adequate amounts of ground with fire. This causes blank spells to be cast at times you can be in a really awkward corner or wall and your character will throw the casting animation but no flame walls show up....
Last edited by AndromedaDelux on Sep 22, 2020, 2:00:49 PM
Flamewall is an incredibly solid skill. i like it.

it could use some threshold jewels to open it up a little bit and make certain playstyles less clunky though.

maybe one threshold jewel that just creates a giant bonfire for those of us who want to use it as a main skill, as it is it's really easy to miss mobs when you are just self casting it into packs.

another idea would be a threshold jewel that makes it self target a ring around you, for easier projectile nova shenanigans.
The interaction between spellslinger, GMP, and flame wall is awkward.

Because the wall spawns from the center outwards only the projectiles aimed forwards from GMP will get the fire from flame wall.

I have tested this with all wand attacks and the only one which I found which works is kinetic bolt, because it is the slowest. I tried slower projectiles support with some of the other attacks and it didn't fix the issue.
I already posted in the news thread where you asked about new skills but here's some more and some of the same.

I've been playing Trickster using Flame Wall alongside Armageddon Brand. The basis is that I apply ignite and -fire res% with the Brand+Combustion and deal the main part of the damage with Flame Wall. This works really well in most situations and I can spend most of the time just dodging enemies and their attacks. And so far it has worked really well in Heists where the most enemies either charge you or move in formations.

My biggest problem is still the readability of the skill. It's hard to see which enemies are standing on the wall and which are not, especially if you have all three walls near each other. Normal and magic enemies die quickly enough from the secondary debuff to not make a difference. But for tough/quick rares and uniques it would be great to see if they are standing on the effect or not.

I don't know if it would be feasible to have the walls combine if they are really close to each other so that there wouldn't be any gaps between them. Or just make the ground effect clearer from the raising flames.

I really haven't tested the projectile boosting effect of the wall other than Einhar and the Rogues in Heists spamming their skills randomly through the walls.
Asus TUF B450-PLUS GAMING - AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix 11GB - Windows 10 Pro - 32GB DDR4 - Samsung 250GB 970 EVO SSD
Is the projectile added damage of Flame Wall affected by the "Effectiveness of Added Damage" modifier on skill gems?
I enjoyed this skill more than I thought I would.

Linked my Ensnaring Arrow in a crit build to a CoCSS gem with this and just watched everything stand still and burn to death. Since they are considered moving, bleeds seem to also drain their life quite well. Currently in the late 50's while leveling but I don't think I've made a Deadeye do as much damage leveling with average rare gear as I am right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info