[3.19] Devon's Hexblaster Occultist | Most Content Viable | Reflect Immune

"
bloodkid2896 wrote:
hey I am lvl the build I thinking if we can have herald of ice add for the explode clear. since we don't do crit we can add some node for freeze chance and support gem for herald. the boss dame look great now but shav and explode might be cool

We take Profane bloom which explodes.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Have a question about EQ. Is this mainly for bosses since if I understand EQ correctly, the first Hexblast won't have the -50 Cold Res calculated, since that hit is what has the small fire amount in it and after the Hexblast triggers, the target will now has -50% Cold res for any future Hexblasts cast? So for Bosses you'll get it on every hit after the first correct?
"
Vess219 wrote:
Have a question about EQ. Is this mainly for bosses since if I understand EQ correctly, the first Hexblast won't have the -50 Cold Res calculated, since that hit is what has the small fire amount in it and after the Hexblast triggers, the target will now has -50% Cold res for any future Hexblasts cast? So for Bosses you'll get it on every hit after the first correct?

Yes.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
I was looking for something like this and man is this fun. I did not expect an actual functional build for hexblast
One thing that is overlooked and should be mentioned in the guide is that you can hexblast blasphemed hexes for AOE damage.
My one problem with the build is that EE is not procced by ignite due to the "on hit" clause and ignite being DOT (unless I am missing something).
"
Been395 wrote:
I was looking for something like this and man is this fun. I did not expect an actual functional build for hexblast
One thing that is overlooked and should be mentioned in the guide is that you can hexblast blasphemed hexes for AOE damage.
My one problem with the build is that EE is not procced by ignite due to the "on hit" clause and ignite being DOT (unless I am missing something).

Ofc the DOT doesn't procc it, I'm not even sure where you're getting your ignite from. The flat fire damage does xD
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Been395 wrote:

Ofc the DOT doesn't procc it, I'm not even sure where you're getting your ignite from. The flat fire damage does xD

I missed the flat fire damage on the wand. Whoops.
And hexblast itself can ignite (which is where I thought it was coming from).
"
Been395 wrote:
I missed the flat fire damage on the wand. Whoops.
And hexblast itself can ignite (which is where I thought it was coming from).

Np, but yeah, we don't crit so it doesn't even proc with that small amount of damage :D
Hi, Devon. First of all, great and very interesting build. I can't wait to get home and try this out.
Here is my questions for you:

1/ I took a look at poe.ninja and found out that most players who use Hexblast utilize Ivory Tower instead of Shavronne's Wrapping. Plus, they focus on lightning damage instead of cold damage as in your build. What do you think about the difference, in terms of damage and efficiency?

2/ Is fire Hexblast viable? I don't have intention for mega boss fights and just want to farm maps. If there is a way to make use of fire aspect of the build, how do you think it should be done?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by lucre280893 on Mar 2, 2021, 12:33:07 AM
"
lucre280893 wrote:
Hi, Devon. First of all, great and very interesting build. I can't wait to get home and try this out.
Here is my questions for you:

1/ I took a look at poe.ninja and found out that most players who use Hexblast utilize Ivory Tower instead of Shavronne's Wrapping. Plus, they focus on lightning damage instead of cold damage as in your build. What do you think about the difference, in terms of damage and efficiency?

2/ Is fire Hexblast viable? I don't have intention for mega boss fights and just want to farm maps. If there is a way to make use of fire aspect of the build, how do you think it should be done?

Thanks in advance.

1 It's probably around the same, Lightning might be a bit stronger if they manage to proc decent shock procs but I honestly doubt that. Occultist is great because it provides a lot of - to enemy cold resistance, bypasses Hexproof, freezes stuff and offers amazing map clear with Profane Bloom.

2 Ofc, but you'd probably go with some other ascendancy like Elementalist perhaps do minimize enemy fire resistance and perhaps amplify the ignite, get free shocks, etc.
Last edited by devon752 on Mar 2, 2021, 4:38:55 AM
Hi, can you show what your pathing tree looks like? It doesn't appear to show. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info