Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

"
jesterx93 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Mr. Wrecker,

Just chatted with you a bit last night on twitch. Talking about this build and the changes your making.

I get the changes for cyclone on your gear but what's going on with Skitter bots on your shield?

THanks
Hey jesterx93!

Hi! For sure! I remember :). Are you asking why Skitterbots is such a low level? If that's what you mean, it's because the gem just recently levelled to level 20. So I traded in my level 20 gem, with a Gemcutter Prism, to a vendor for a level 1 20% quality version of it. So it's just re-levelling.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi RF-ers,

Thought I'd share some of my findings on the "leveling" side of things for those trying this build.

I'm working on my 2nd RF toon - it's a great build, I highly recommend! (added bonus - you never have to "target" an urn/pot/basket again!)

As noted, leveling an RF character can be "slower" than others due to the "thirst" RF has for your life pool and typically can't be sustained until mid-50's+

Fret not!

You just have to alter your perspective on "leveling". That doesn't mean massive respec or different gear etc. You can follow the tree as shown and look for complimentary RF gear as you progress.

just use Purifying Flame as your main skill until you can run RF.

The support gems for RF support PF in the same manner, the fire damage buffs from the tree also support PF as does the other suggest gear (generally speaking) and mods. You may need to run Clarity for mana, but you don't need to be running Purity of Flame before you have RF up anyway.

As for tree progression itself, I found going immediately to the right (Blast Radius), then north to Breath of Flames & Cruel Preparation, then Southwest (Sanctity) will aid in getting you going. I did hold off on moving to Golem Commander until I could equip those gems and picked up Anointed Flesh and Quick Recovery before moving on.

I suggest saving some of the northwest skills (Holy fire, Purity of Flesh) for later, as well as WoD's suggestion of adding Constitution much later on.

Hope this helps someone out there!
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Hi RF-ers,Thought I'd share some of my findings on the "leveling" side of things for those trying this build.

Thanks for the tips! I'm thinking about using this build (or Chieftain) for 3.13 since I've never used RF before, but after a couple busted attempts at leveling, I thought I would have to resort to a classic starter like skelemancer and respec after farming. I'll give this a try this week.
Last edited by _vagabond on Jan 5, 2021, 4:18:26 PM
"
"
jesterx93 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Mr. Wrecker,

Just chatted with you a bit last night on twitch. Talking about this build and the changes your making.

I get the changes for cyclone on your gear but what's going on with Skitter bots on your shield?

THanks
Hey jesterx93!

Hi! For sure! I remember :). Are you asking why Skitterbots is such a low level? If that's what you mean, it's because the gem just recently levelled to level 20. So I traded in my level 20 gem, with a Gemcutter Prism, to a vendor for a level 1 20% quality version of it. So it's just re-levelling.

I was really wondering how they apply to the build. I guess they just seem random to me I'm not familiar with them ..so I'm not not sure why you would use them with RF or With Golems. can you explain? for that matter anyone who can break me free of my ignorance please chime in here =)
If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.
Last edited by jesterx93 on Jan 5, 2021, 4:43:20 PM
"
jesterx93 wrote:

I was really wondering how they apply to the build. I guess they just seem random to me I'm not familiar with them ..so I'm not not sure why you would use them with RF or With Golems. can you explain? for that matter anyone who can break me free of my ignorance please chime in here =)

Skitterbots have shock and chill auras, so they help by making mobs take increased damage and by slowing them down. This is their only role in this build.
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Spoiler
Hi RF-ers,

Thought I'd share some of my findings on the "leveling" side of things for those trying this build.

I'm working on my 2nd RF toon - it's a great build, I highly recommend! (added bonus - you never have to "target" an urn/pot/basket again!)

As noted, leveling an RF character can be "slower" than others due to the "thirst" RF has for your life pool and typically can't be sustained until mid-50's+

Fret not!

You just have to alter your perspective on "leveling". That doesn't mean massive respec or different gear etc. You can follow the tree as shown and look for complimentary RF gear as you progress.

The support gems for RF support PF in the same manner, the fire damage buffs from the tree also support PF as does the other suggest gear (generally speaking) and mods. You may need to run Clarity for mana, but you don't need to be running Purity of Flame before you have RF up anyway.

As for tree progression itself, I found going immediately to the right (Blast Radius), then north to Breath of Flames & Cruel Preparation, then Southwest (Sanctity) will aid in getting you going. I did hold off on moving to Golem Commander until I could equip those gems and picked up Anointed Flesh and Quick Recovery before moving on.

I suggest saving some of the northwest skills (Holy fire, Purity of Flesh) for later, as well as WoD's suggestion of adding Constitution much later on.

Awesome post Rex_Urhole!

It's a pleasure to have you around :). Great advice for anyone levelling RF. Good stuff.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
_vagabond wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for the tips! I'm thinking about using this build (or Chieftain) for 3.13 since I've never used RF before, but after a couple busted attempts at leveling, I thought I would have to resort to a classic starter like skelemancer and respec after farming. I'll give this a try this week.
Awesome _vagabond!

Hopefully you like the 3.13 version of the build. Patch notes are soon! Thanks for the post! RF is totally worth the learning curve.

Annnnnd

"
Maniollo6 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
"
jesterx93 wrote:

Skitterbots have shock and chill auras, so they help by making mobs take increased damage and by slowing them down. This is their only role in this build.
That's right. Skittbots makes two bots that can't die. They run around REALLY FAST chilling and shocking everyone so they are slower and take increased damage.

Annnnnd

Hi WoD, checked your current set up and saw the move back to cyclone etc - dropping the enduring cry/immortal call/inspiration and CWDT.

Is that something you're trying or that you recommend?

I prefer the cyclone/fortify from previous versions but was curious if that was the way to go in your opinion, or just a test?

Thanx
"
Rex_Urhole wrote:
Hi RF-ers,

Fret not!

***UPDATE***

Thought I'd add a bit more for those interested -

In terms of gear, you can use typical "caster" leveling gear safely - Axiom Perpetuum, Wanderlust, Wurms Molt and Peregrine etc for much of the early going before being pressed into looking for even slightly better items. They will help support PF while you reach for RF.

I ran garbage gloves, armor and jewelry before getting a Tab Rasa to buff PF damage (but it wasn't even really needed)

I'm still using a Tabula Rasa at lvl 55 and started sustaining RF (no flasks) at 51 after buying some cheap upgrades with max life, regen and life on hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info