Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

Spoiler
Hello,

I promised to come back and talk about the gameplay after overcoming the first issues with this build.
Again thank you for all the help in this forum and a special thanks to Wrecker_of_Days for putting this build up.

Before I start diving deep, I have to say, I had a lot of fun in this leage getting the build up and running. I stayed absolutely close to the first post and there are some pros and cons I wanted to point out after having the experience to talk about it.

Not much changed since my last update, but here the char agin:

Tree: See post 1
Life: 8,3K
Shield: 289
Level: 94
Life reg: 1670 (20%)
Equipment:

Pros:
Fun: I have to admit it's rarely so much fun to slice through levels. Even in lvl82+ maps, the build cleans reliable and it is fun to have a not-make-your-fingers-bleed-char with a simple one click experience (Pro tip mentioned here already: Put the enduring cry on the left mouse button and you can mouse only and rest the fingers on the flasks)

Team play: Done right, you are quick enough to stay with big party mashing even though you have no "movement skill" and you will not only run with the crowd but you are a "valuable contributor" in any party.

Equipment farming: You can always better up your equipment easy. It's not like in other builds where 8 of 10 equipment pieces are a specific unique that once obtained cannot be bettered up anymore. You have the free choice of testing other equipment, calculating through combinations, hunt for the best stuff on poe-trade or craft useful stuff into the equipment you have. My calculator was on fire while progressing through the equips. Very nice!

Cons:
Please keep in mind that this is my first RF build ever. Any cons you read here that are obvious for you, may not be obious for a designated RF-NOOB like me. Let's try to see this as an opinion out of a fresh mind from the outside.

Map modifiers: Boy oh boy. I never had to Alc, Scour, Alc, Scour so often before. Yes, you can do any reflect map, which is nice, but mods you cannot do are rolled so often. I was shocked how many maps are unplayable (especially after vaaling). Mods unplayble for me:
- No reg
- 60% less reg
- Ele weakness
- minus 9%+ to max res
Maybe other builds are focussing more on life reg and are better on ele weakness or minus max res maps. Anyways, I wanted to point out that the price for playable maps increases against any other builds.

Boss fights:
I am not a good player. Learning boss patterns is tough for me. Until today I was most sucessful creating insane DPS buids and kicking end-game bosses in under 30 sec. (minus any stages, of course) So maybe this "flaw" is not so much an issue for you as it is for me.
Killing end game bosses is not possible for me whithout dying. I am in lvl 94 experience for way too long. I could have gone lvl97 until now if I wouldn't die consitently on end game bosses. It's just impossible for me to fight a 4 to 7 min bossfight without making a mistake that kills me.
The boss fights take too long in end-game content with this char. I can't help it.

Anyways. Any comments, any hints, or any tips how you solve my Boss issues, please let me know.

Don't get me wrong. This is a fun build and something out of the normal. I appreciate this every day in this leage.

Thanks and good luck out there!

Hi moardin25,
I'm not an expert here, but I noticed that your Immortal Call and Cwdt are kept low. I think they can be leveled up all the way.
I was a big fan of the Witchfire Brew at some point, but I think there are better flasks. Bottled Faith is probably out of our range, but the poor man choice could be The Overflowing Chalice. The curse that comes with Witchfire can probable remove the Flammability and Flammability effect is huge for us. It's a little unfortunate that the build suggests to keep the Flammability very low level, I think a corrupted one (-45% fire resistance) and level 5 (-29% resistance) makes a big difference.
And btw, I'd love to have over 8k life, wow, so nice :)
But what about chaos resistance? I've read one-shots come as chaos damage so often that it's worth to invest into it.
@Wrecker_of_Days:
The Scorching Ray idea is intriguing. If I wouldn't have to rebuild a LOT to do this, consider it done.
Let me see if the right equipment pops up for the right prices and I'll set up an alternate version ;)
--> I'll let you know if this happens and when I can speak about it.
Again: Thx, man!

@Maniollo6:
I have to admit, I didn't calculate the Whitchfire curse effect in at any time.
For mobs, I don't see the problem as you fire whitchbrew when you approach, but for bosses this makes absolutely sense what you say. The curse can overwrite Flamability. Damit, I feel stupid now!
I need to process that. ;)

About the Immortal and CWDT I am uncertain. It's nice to have the combo out every now and then without any big hits to trigger. But the benefits of a big Immo is on hands.
I need time to process that, too ;)

Chaos res is a point to invest, indeed. The problem here is that you always have to give up stats as the chaos resistance equipment doesn't have the big roles and is not available that often. Keeping this in mind for future purchases and you are right. It's painful to fight Al-Hezmin for example with this build in it's current form.

Guys, that is the feedback I was hoping for. Thank you! Updates will follow. Let's see where the next days will carry me to. Looking forward modifying the sh** out of this char!

Last edited by moardin25 on Nov 4, 2020, 11:02:10 AM
moarding25, I think you being at level 94 it is also worth exploring cluster jewels. Adding Burning Bright on large and medium ones can add a lot of damage. And it's more fun with them because it's calculator usage again ;)
"
Maniollo6 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi moardin25,
I'm not an expert here, but I noticed that your Immortal Call and Cwdt are kept low. I think they can be leveled up all the way.
I was a big fan of the Witchfire Brew at some point, but I think there are better flasks. Bottled Faith is probably out of our range, but the poor man choice could be The Overflowing Chalice. The curse that comes with Witchfire can probable remove the Flammability and Flammability effect is huge for us. It's a little unfortunate that the build suggests to keep the Flammability very low level, I think a corrupted one (-45% fire resistance) and level 5 (-29% resistance) makes a big difference.
But what about chaos resistance? I've read one-shots come as chaos damage so often that it's worth to invest into it.
Hey Maniollo6!

I was actually quite surprised myself, but the damage difference between the level 5 and 20 Flammability (or Elemental Weakness) was really minor. It was a total of 10k DPS (no items) in the default PoB I listed. Crazy hey?
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
Maniollo6 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi moardin25,
Hey Maniollo6!

I was actually quite surprised myself, but the damage difference between the level 5 and 20 Flammability (or Elemental Weakness) was really minor. It was a total of 10k DPS (no items) in the default PoB I listed. Crazy hey?

For my char the difference is 679,818 for level 20 vs 594,306 for level 5. This is just for the default options after the character is loaded, so no Inspiration, no Aspect of Spider (or Skitterbots) etc. However, I have Lord of Drought on Large Cluster Jewel which gives 25% increased Flammability curse effect, so this comparison is ballooned a little bit.
"
Maniollo6 wrote:
Spoiler
For my char the difference is 679,818 for level 20 vs 594,306 for level 5. This is just for the default options after the character is loaded, so no Inspiration, no Aspect of Spider (or Skitterbots) etc. However, I have Lord of Drought on Large Cluster Jewel which gives 25% increased Flammability curse effect, so this comparison is ballooned a little bit.
Oh nice Maniollo6! That's nice and big for sure. It'd be worth moving things around to get Hextouch Support in there then.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Amnexty wrote:
"
hourglasseye wrote:
Also, about survivability, there are times when my health would drain rapidly, and popping the Curing flasks wouldn't save me. I'm not sure what's killing me whenever that happens. Happened during the Sirus fight as well.

I'm pretty sure that your problem is Corrupted Blood.
Find yourself a nice jewel, and this won't happen ever again.

Thanks, Amnexty! This helped. I actually haven't beaten Sirus yet, but I sure did last longer. It seems to have helped with the rest of the content as well.

"
"
hourglasseye wrote:
Spoiler
I've reached Sirus A4 with this build! ... and then Sirus wiped the floor with me. The fight is on a whole other level compared to the other Conquerors :( The deviations from the build I've made so far are:

* Replaced Enduring Cry with Fortify + Cyclone
* Have an Unset Ring with Frostblink (sometimes, Holy Relic)

Here's my current gear:

Are there any changes to my equipment that I should work on to improve my survivability? Or is it mostly going to be about learning the fight (Al-Hezmin gave me a hard time until I learned where to position myself)?

Also, about survivability, there are times when my health would drain rapidly, and popping the Curing flasks wouldn't save me. I'm not sure what's killing me whenever that happens. Happened during the Sirus fight as well.
Awesome hourglasseye!

I'm glad you're having a good time! Great job on your progress! Don't be discouraged with Sirus. He's a very poorly designed fight. Many can't wait until he's been "retired" for a new endgame. Amnexty's got you covered though, the fight is a lot easier with immunity to Corrupted Blood. Outside of that, the fight takes a lot of practice and experience to get comfortable with. Hang in there.

I like your gem changes! I've been playing this build with Fortify and Cyclone lately too. It's great. In regards to your gear, it looks really good. The next stage (though there aren't official stages ;)) is to grind for the exact same gear but with higher life rolls and resists and such. It's a picky game from this point forward. Also, start keeping an eye out for different influences that may help your build. There are some cool mods that can drop that are pretty fun with RF. But honestly, it's just the minor improvements of life for now. Get those 60's in the 90's.

I just wanna say thank you so much for this build and your responses, Wrecker. Me and my s/o my finally got our monocle cats (which was our goal this league), and all without engaging in trade! Currently trying the Bone Zombies build and it's pretty good so far.

I'll still be using Righteous Golems until league end (or when I tap out), though. Pushing for better gear has gotten really tough at this point (having a hard time with fossiles). I found a Searing Touch and a Carcass Jack that I haven't tried integrating into the build yet, since I'm not sure if the damage boost is a worthy trade-off for the health loss.
"
hourglasseye wrote:
Spoiler
I just wanna say thank you so much for this build and your responses, Wrecker. Me and my s/o my finally got our monocle cats (which was our goal this league), and all without engaging in trade! Currently trying the Bone Zombies build and it's pretty good so far.

I'll still be using Righteous Golems until league end (or when I tap out), though. Pushing for better gear has gotten really tough at this point (having a hard time with fossiles). I found a Searing Touch and a Carcass Jack that I haven't tried integrating into the build yet, since I'm not sure if the damage boost is a worthy trade-off for the health loss.
Thanks hourglasseye!

That's really awesome. I really appreciate your kind encouragement. I'm glad this build has treated you so well and I hope Bone Zombies does too :) I'm glad you go the cat!

It's hard to choose between uniques and rares in this game. I set up my Searing touch to be able to play whenever I feel like it, as I swap back and forth between moods.

Thanks again for your thanks :).

Annnnnd

Hello !

I like this build but having to stop to cast enduring cry every 8 seconds really is a bummer.

If I replace it with an instant skill like withering step or convocation is it okay ? It will still proc inspiration regularly but I won't have the burst regen of enduring cry and the endurance charges.
"
Raytag wrote:
Spoiler
Hello !

I like this build but having to stop to cast enduring cry every 8 seconds really is a bummer.

If I replace it with an instant skill like withering step or convocation is it okay ? It will still proc inspiration regularly but I won't have the burst regen of enduring cry and the endurance charges.
Hey Raytag!

I think 8 seconds in PoE is an eternity as well. You can replace Enduring Cry with anything you like, as long as it costs mana. Inspiration charges require spent mana. You could also forgo Inspiration charges and replace RF's supports to be without Inspiration charges as well. Then you can replace the warcry with whatever you want. I've actually switched my setup with link as well. Last night I played with Cyclone, Fortify, Infused Channelling, Life on Hit (or Inspiration (depending on if you wanted to keep Inspiration Support in RF or not). The synergy between Enduring Cry and Immortal Call is really nice for sure. But Enduring Cry sucks (in my opinion). I'll be removing it for 3.13 if 3.13's patch notes don't change too much.

Thanks for your honest post. Let me know if this didn't help.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info