Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.12

"
Maniollo6 wrote:
Spoiler
WoD, gems can have alternate qualities, so for example Summon Stone Golem gem %1 regular quality gives "1% increased Minion Maximum Life
Minions deal 1% increased Damage". However one of the alternate qualities gives "1% increased Buff Effect" per 1% quality. In this case the gem would be called Anomalous Summon Stone Golem. Alternate quality gems "drop" in grand heists pretty often. To check other qualities click on the 1,2,3 numbers next to "Per 1% Quality:" on https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Stone_Golem
Do you think the community path of building is the only way to confirm that the +20% increased buff effect is added? I don't think there is anything in-game that would confirm this.
Ooooohhhhh! Sorry Maniollo6!

I totally missed that we were talking about an Alternate Quality gem. Got it. Ya, that gem would be PERFECT for our build. If you haven't already, I'd totally go for it. That's an awesome one. The quality of it would greatly improve our most important minion.

I think the only thing in-game that would confirm that it works would be to take the 20/20 version of each gem and compare your life regen in-game with each active at separate times.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
hi all I am back with another update.

I gave up on this build and leveled Cyclone build but when I got to maps I was stuck because cyclone needed items cost so much so I was determined to get back and figure something out. I couldn't get colors I needed so I started grinding mines for azurite and chromatic orbs but it was to slow, then I decided to try that ring I mentioned before and oh man change was huge + I invested in amulet that somebody mentioned here. Now I run red maps no problem, happen to die to bosses sometimes depending on map mods and because my life pool is low (just below 5k life) and can't get it up by much.

My current gear:

The change to flammability is insane. We kept it on low level for CWDT but now it is applied instantly to all mobs and it can be leveled to 20 and beyond and +3 from ring is nice as well. Because of that I have 2 blue sockets free in armor that I want to use. I was thinking about moving frost blink there and then removing my UNSET ring and changing it to nicely rolled one of those maybe:

so far my crafting is weak. I am looking into another blue gem that would give me defense, I can cast myself so any suggestions welcome.
Would love to upgrade my scepter as well but I am checking everyday and cannot find upgrade with nice roll for fire multiplier.

so any advice welcome. Sirus fight in front of me and not sure if I will be able to handle with below 5k health. Never did that fight so tips welcome as well.
"
Suporex wrote:
Spoiler

I gave up on this build and leveled Cyclone build but when I got to maps I was stuck because cyclone needed items cost so much so I was determined to get back and figure something out. I couldn't get colors I needed so I started grinding mines for azurite and chromatic orbs but it was to slow, then I decided to try that ring I mentioned before and oh man change was huge + I invested in amulet that somebody mentioned here. Now I run red maps no problem, happen to die to bosses sometimes depending on map mods and because my life pool is low (just below 5k life) and can't get it up by much.

My current gear:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

The change to flammability is insane. We kept it on low level for CWDT but now it is applied instantly to all mobs and it can be leveled to 20 and beyond and +3 from ring is nice as well. Because of that I have 2 blue sockets free in armor that I want to use. I was thinking about moving frost blink there and then removing my UNSET ring and changing it to nicely rolled one of those maybe:
Unavailable
Unavailable

so far my crafting is weak.
I am looking into another blue gem that would give me defense, I can cast myself so any suggestions welcome.
Would love to upgrade my scepter as well but I am checking everyday and cannot find upgrade with nice roll for fire multiplier.

so any advice welcome. Sirus fight in front of me and not sure if I will be able to handle with below 5k health. Never did that fight so tips welcome as well.

If you are looking for a defensive blue gem, tempest shield comes to my mind:

"
+3% Chance to Block Attack Damage while holding a Shield
+3% Chance to Block Spell Damage while holding a Shield

It would even support the Elemental Equilibrium:

"
Deals (24-284) to (36-426) Lightning Damage

Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Suporex wrote:
Spoiler

My current gear:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable

so far my crafting is weak. I am looking into another blue gem that would give me defense, I can cast myself so any suggestions welcome.

Hey Suporex!

Cool changes! Life is key to any RF build. Getting over 6k life should be a minimum goal I think. But that's long term. When the gear drops, right? You have some really nice gear in there.

In terms of defensive blue gems:
- You could replace Flammability with Enfeeble
- Frost Bomb is great at slowing enemy life regen
- Frost Wall is super fun
- Sigil of Power has defensive components that are often overlooked
- Siphoning Trap gives life regen
- Tempest Shield (as mentioned)
- Void Sphere
- Oh right! Blight has an awesome slow too.

Good luck with Sirus. That's a fight that requires a lot of practice. So hang in there and learn as you go. His audio cues will help you as you get used to the fight.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Here is my level 89 update (7100 life). I did more tuning and I'm still missing sceptre craft, but somehow Jun and his band are not willing to give me what I need.

The big change was to start using Aspect of Spider instead of Skitterbots and I was able to squeeze in Flesh and Stone with Sand Stance. Before I was using Ball Lightning with Blind support, but this is so much better! The AoE of the Aspect is almost the whole screen and the Sand stance gives some extra attack damage reduction outside of the blind area.
Other thing that works pretty well is "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support" with Shield Charge that hits the default limit of 3 Endurance charges so easy that I'm thinking to somehow increase the limit. We don't invest anything in Accuracy so the issue was to hit more often mobs with the shield, but a new and shiny Ice Golem (together with all the golem buff increases we have from the tree) did the trick beautifully. It also helped a lot with crits and now I see Elemental Overload is on almost all the time.
Then I also switched to Arc instead of Ball Lightning. The cast time is the same, but the BL just couldn't keep up with movement of Shield Charge. And the damage of Arc is actually a few times bigger, which makes the life leech (around 300 life/s if Path of Building is correct) something not to sneeze at anymore. I can't wait to get the last Ascendancy to block elemental reflect damage, because the only time I died was on an elemental reflect map after I hit some group of mobs with the Arc while testing the skill lol. The life leech is from a Watcher's Eye, so the last Ascendancy will make it even bigger.

WoD's idea to use RF and golems for buffs is so great, you're the man :)
Last edited by Maniollo6 on Oct 30, 2020, 8:51:55 PM
"
Maniollo6 wrote:
Spoiler
Here is my level 89 update (7100 life). I did more tuning and I'm still missing sceptre craft, but somehow Jun and his band are not willing to give me what I need.

The big change was to start using Aspect of Spider instead of Skitterbots and I was able to squeeze in Flesh and Stone with Sand Stance. Before I was using Ball Lightning with Blind support, but this is so much better! The AoE of the Aspect is almost the whole screen and the Sand stance gives some extra attack damage reduction outside of the blind area.
Other thing that works pretty well is "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support" with Shield Charge that hits the default limit of 3 Endurance charges so easy that I'm thinking to somehow increase the limit. We don't invest anything in Accuracy so the issue was to hit more often mobs with the shield, but a new and shiny Ice Golem (together with all the golem buff increases we have from the tree) did the trick beautifully. It also helped a lot with crits and now I see Elemental Overload is on almost all the time.
Then I also switched to Arc instead of Ball Lightning. The cast time is the same, but the BL just couldn't keep up with movement of Shield Charge. And the damage of Arc is actually a few times bigger, which makes the life leech (around 300 life/s if Path of Building is correct) something not to sneeze at anymore. I can't wait to get the last Ascendancy to block elemental reflect damage, because the only time I died was on an elemental reflect map after I hit some group of mobs with the Arc while testing the skill lol. The life leech is from a Watcher's Eye, so the last Ascendancy will make it even bigger.

WoD's idea to use RF and golems for buffs is so great, you're the man :)
Thanks for your kind words Maniollo6!

That's very kind of you! But you've definitely made the build your own! It looks great and great job. I wish I had your gear :)...and you haven't even fully ascended yet! Thanks for posting. That was cool to check out.

Annnnnd

I have a question about Divergent Vitality. Wiki says that "Per 1% Quality You and nearby Allies deal 1% increased Damage while on Full Life". So are we ever on full life? I noticed that the character is always a few life short of being full. Not sure if this is because the constant degeneration/regeneration or anything, but I'm just wondering if this alternate quality can be useful for us. Anyone with some experience?
Hello,

I promised to come back and talk about the gameplay after overcoming the first issues with this build.
Again thank you for all the help in this forum and a special thanks to Wrecker_of_Days for putting this build up.

Before I start diving deep, I have to say, I had a lot of fun in this leage getting the build up and running. I stayed absolutely close to the first post and there are some pros and cons I wanted to point out after having the experience to talk about it.

Not much changed since my last update, but here the char agin:

Tree: See post 1
Life: 8,3K
Shield: 289
Level: 94
Life reg: 1670 (20%)
Equipment:

Pros:
Fun: I have to admit it's rarely so much fun to slice through levels. Even in lvl82+ maps, the build cleans reliable and it is fun to have a not-make-your-fingers-bleed-char with a simple one click experience (Pro tip mentioned here already: Put the enduring cry on the left mouse button and you can mouse only and rest the fingers on the flasks)

Team play: Done right, you are quick enough to stay with big party mashing even though you have no "movement skill" and you will not only run with the crowd but you are a "valuable contributor" in any party.

Equipment farming: You can always better up your equipment easy. It's not like in other builds where 8 of 10 equipment pieces are a specific unique that once obtained cannot be bettered up anymore. You have the free choice of testing other equipment, calculating through combinations, hunt for the best stuff on poe-trade or craft useful stuff into the equipment you have. My calculator was on fire while progressing through the equips. Very nice!

Cons:
Please keep in mind that this is my first RF build ever. Any cons you read here that are obvious for you, may not be obious for a designated RF-NOOB like me. Let's try to see this as an opinion out of a fresh mind from the outside.

Map modifiers: Boy oh boy. I never had to Alc, Scour, Alc, Scour so often before. Yes, you can do any reflect map, which is nice, but mods you cannot do are rolled so often. I was shocked how many maps are unplayable (especially after vaaling). Mods unplayble for me:
- No reg
- 60% less reg
- Ele weakness
- minus 9%+ to max res
Maybe other builds are focussing more on life reg and are better on ele weakness or minus max res maps. Anyways, I wanted to point out that the price for playable maps increases against any other builds.

Boss fights:
I am not a good player. Learning boss patterns is tough for me. Until today I was most sucessful creating insane DPS buids and kicking end-game bosses in under 30 sec. (minus any stages, of course) So maybe this "flaw" is not so much an issue for you as it is for me.
Killing end game bosses is not possible for me whithout dying. I am in lvl 94 experience for way too long. I could have gone lvl97 until now if I wouldn't die consitently on end game bosses. It's just impossible for me to fight a 4 to 7 min bossfight without making a mistake that kills me.
The boss fights take too long in end-game content with this char. I can't help it.

Anyways. Any comments, any hints, or any tips how you solve my Boss issues, please let me know.

Don't get me wrong. This is a fun build and something out of the normal. I appreciate this every day in this leage.

Thanks and good luck out there!
Last edited by moardin25 on Nov 3, 2020, 2:50:48 PM
"
Maniollo6 wrote:
Spoiler
I have a question about Divergent Vitality. Wiki says that "Per 1% Quality You and nearby Allies deal 1% increased Damage while on Full Life". So are we ever on full life? I noticed that the character is always a few life short of being full. Not sure if this is because the constant degeneration/regeneration or anything, but I'm just wondering if this alternate quality can be useful for us. Anyone with some experience?
That's a really good question Maniollo6!

It has always driven me mad that RF "reserves" a small amount of life but I've never gone about to figure it why. I'll make a post about it and see if Reddit helps out.

Annnnnd

"
moardin25 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello,

I promised to come back and talk about the gameplay after overcoming the first issues with this build.
Again thank you for all the help in this forum and a special thanks to Wrecker_of_Days for putting this build up.

Before I start diving deep, I have to say, I had a lot of fun in this leage getting the build up and running. I stayed absolutely close to the first post and there are some pros and cons I wanted to point out after having the experience to talk about it.

Not much changed since my last update, but here the char agin:

Tree: See post 1
Life: 8,3K
Shield: 289
Level: 94
Life reg: 1670 (20%)
Equipment:

Pros:
Fun: I have to admit it's rarely so much fun to slice through levels. Even in lvl82+ maps, the build cleans reliable and it is fun to have a not-make-your-fingers-bleed-char with a simple one click experience (Pro tip mentioned here already: Put the enduring cry on the left mouse button and you can mouse only and rest the fingers on the flasks)

Team play: Done right, you are quick enough to stay with big party mashing even though you have no "movement skill" and you will not only run with the crowd but you are a "valuable contributor" in any party.

Equipment farming: You can always better up your equipment easy. It's not like in other builds where 8 of 10 equipment pieces are a specific unique that once obtained cannot be bettered up anymore. You have the free choice of testing other equipment, calculating through combinations, hunt for the best stuff on poe-trade or craft useful stuff into the equipment you have. My calculator was on fire while progressing through the equips. Very nice!

Cons:
Please keep in mind that this is my first RF build ever. Any cons you read here that are obvious for you, may not be obious for a designated RF-NOOB like me. Let's try to see this as an opinion out of a fresh mind from the outside.

Map modifiers: Boy oh boy. I never had to Alc, Scour, Alc, Scour so often before. Yes, you can do any reflect map, which is nice, but mods you cannot do are rolled so often. I was shocked how many maps are unplayable (especially after vaaling). Mods unplayble for me:
- No reg
- 60% less reg
- Ele weakness
- minus 9%+ to max res
Maybe other builds are focussing more on life reg and are better on ele weakness or minus max res maps. Anyways, I wanted to point out that the price for playable maps increases against any other builds.

Boss fights:
I am not a good player. Learning boss patterns is tough for me. Until today I was most sucessful creating insane DPS buids and kicking end-game bosses in under 30 sec. (minus any stages, of course) So maybe this "flaw" is not so much an issue for you as it is for me.
Killing end game bosses is not possible for me whithout dying. I am in lvl 94 experience for way too long. I could have gone lvl97 until now if I wouldn't die consitently on end game bosses. It's just impossible for me to fight a 4 to 7 min bossfight without making a mistake that kills me.
The boss fights take too long in end-game content with this char. I can't help it.

Anyways. Any comments, any hints, or any tips how you solve my Boss issues, please let me know.

Don't get me wrong. This is a fun build and something out of the normal. I appreciate this every day in this leage.

Thanks and good luck out there!

Awesome post moardin25!

I really appreciate the honesty. Both the praise and constructive criticism were great. You were thoughtful with your disclaimers but I'm glad that you didn't feel that you couldn't provide feedback even though this was your first RF character. I've been looking into the damage portion of the build and really playing with some options that I've done in the past. There's lots of room to move things around so feel free to make your own modifications now that you have a great taste of RF. You could add Scorching Ray as your 6th link or as a separate 4 link (replacing Imm. Call and Enduring Cry). You could remove EE and go with something like Flame Blast or Incinerate...There's some fun options for sure.

Your gear looks awesome :). Thanks again for such an honest post. I'm glad that it's fun for you.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info