[3.13] Contagious Burning Discharge - Chieftain/Jugg | Budget to wild - League start friendly

"
Popmycherry wrote:
So judging from your proof of concept video, I wonder if the "Inexorable" nodes are even worth it? I decided to start a selfcast Discharge build this league as well with focus on ignite (so like yours) but I see that I have my tree way different than yours. And Ive only just recently gotten to Blood Aqueduct and actually changed to discharge, and I got to admit, it doesn't seem like charge generation is lacking from my end, and definitely not from your video once you get Eye of Innocence. (Mind you, I don't have it, only unique I got is a Tabula)

Cus that would be some points saved for my tree and go for the duelist endurance charge. Which I assume will be nice LATER on, but dont seem needed now though.

Any thoughts?

I really think Inexorable, Enduring cry, Enduring composure, and Chieftain are going to be enough. With war cry and enduring composure that should be 4 stacks per discharge alone
Feels good to level already and is miles above my "starter" of Cremation with the visual bug that made my eyes bleed.

I opted for the shield Redblade Banner, which puts my Enduring Cry at 3.32s in Act 9. I think I might just stick with it as it allows you to get max charges from thin air with no monsters around you. A big consideration for me keeping a faster and powerful Enduring Cry is how utterly useful it is proving in Heists with you wandering around not wanting to kill things and having a godly damage reduction and heal CD on a 3 sec something CD.

I might work in an Arma Brand if I ever need more clear, but the prolif seems okay for now. I am considering working in Malachai's Awakening, taking AoF and stacking as much flat fire as possible. I think there are a lot of ways to make discharge ignite work with its new power so I am 100% sure one of the options on offer will get things done.
Last edited by JoeODanger on Sep 20, 2020, 7:14:11 AM
@Bodhe or anyone else.

Im running a similar build and having a "blast" in maps :).

Im torn between going EE or not. It should help with bossing, But then again i cant use Blood rage. (cold discharges)
Im using Malevolence and HoA so Angers flat fire isnt an issue. but it does mean i can use flat ele damage elsewhere.

Any input/thoughts appreciated.
Last edited by Ballistic213 on Sep 20, 2020, 7:20:05 AM
Just got Eye of Innocence, Great damage boost for when your able to stay alive... But then 1 hitting yourself due to screen clear ignites :D
"
Bradaw wrote:
"
Popmycherry wrote:
So judging from your proof of concept video, I wonder if the "Inexorable" nodes are even worth it? I decided to start a selfcast Discharge build this league as well with focus on ignite (so like yours) but I see that I have my tree way different than yours. And Ive only just recently gotten to Blood Aqueduct and actually changed to discharge, and I got to admit, it doesn't seem like charge generation is lacking from my end, and definitely not from your video once you get Eye of Innocence. (Mind you, I don't have it, only unique I got is a Tabula)

Cus that would be some points saved for my tree and go for the duelist endurance charge. Which I assume will be nice LATER on, but dont seem needed now though.

Any thoughts?

I really think Inexorable, Enduring cry, Enduring composure, and Chieftain are going to be enough. With war cry and enduring composure that should be 4 stacks per discharge alone

Oh yeah, but was what I was wondering was if Inexorable might actually be overkill, and might just be a..leveling thing that one can easily drop unless maybe one is not getting enough charges before Innocence on bosses, maybe? That's the only time I can see it not being enough.

Enduring Composure btw? What am I missing here. Tried searching for it on PoB, found nothing. I feel lost :P
Did anyone consider running Immolate Support on this build? Also, what about RF, is there a way to sustain it?
"
bodhe wrote:

Damn, for some reason that new firestorm added up with burning discharge just looks really really cool :D I might need to test some Eye of Innocence shenanigans on my juggernaut aswell..

Here's my upgraded gear, feeling really strong right now. Wish I had some red maps to test the build out allready but just making slow atlas progress for now.
"
Irongunner wrote:
Did anyone consider running Immolate Support on this build? Also, what about RF, is there a way to sustain it?

Immolate would only be super POG if you're scaling the initial hit, no? Or would it add strength to the burn by the flat damage? I mean, the immolate/added damage would need to be stronger than the initial hit Ignite I guess for it to override it?
"
Smerte wrote:
"
bodhe wrote:

Damn, for some reason that new firestorm added up with burning discharge just looks really really cool :D I might need to test some Eye of Innocence shenanigans on my juggernaut aswell..

Here's my upgraded gear, feeling really strong right now. Wish I had some red maps to test the build out allready but just making slow atlas progress for now.

Is Realm Ender > Searing Touch for damage?
"
Irongunner wrote:
Is Realm Ender > Searing Touch for damage?

Searing Touch is definitely better for damage, but you can buy 6L Realmshaper for ~10 chaos and then the prophecy to upgrade it into Real ender for 2c. So for around 12 chaos you get a really strong 6L!
Last edited by Smerte on Sep 20, 2020, 9:53:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info