[3.12] Aziire's Splitting Steel Champion - Impale Explosions! | League Starter

What are the thoughts of getting rampart? What 4 nodes would you sacrifice for it? I'm thinking get rid of the heartseeker wheel in the top right & a random life node and picking up the rampart wheel.
Last edited by MikeyTwoGuns on Sep 18, 2020, 12:23:01 PM
I am doing this as my league starter as well. Fingers crossed, it looks great on paper.

If anyone is interested, I always make these build quick reference sheets for my builds, here is the one for this build.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r_zkgmwDtypAr08rl-chWLsLMJ7U050r941Bd0y0fOs/edit?usp=sharing
I'll definitely be trying it, thanks!
Really njoyed all the "TLDR" hints ;)
"
@Archernick
Hey - thanks for the guide!

Have you thought about including Sniper's Mark in here to help with bossing? Not necessarily self-cast, but maybe on a CoH ring for end-game?

The new mark clusters on the tree are quite strong, and the one closest to Duelist gives you free culling strike! You could save a lot of gem links with it.

Sniper's Mark wouldn't be great for bossing as it increases Projectiles that Split. Those Split Projectiles can't hit the boss and only trigger after the fact. The mark clusters are pretty nice but it is about 6 passive points for us to go get and I don't think that is worth it for the Culling Strike. Really good suggestions though and if you path through there it would be worth it for sure.

"
@Imp0815
Ok i really liked the mechanic of this skill but i got burned last league with melee (Played EQ Jugg).

I'm scared that i invest 8h Leveling and the character sucks.

Anyways.
When we run Enduring Cry AND Call of Steel which is both a Warcry we maybe shooting our self in the foot with a 8 Sec Cooldown(Call to Arms) when we need to generate Steel Shards for our secondary projectiles. And wise versa.

Also we should consider with a base dmg of 168.4% this Skill would do crazy more dmg with a two handed weapon. And we could use the secound 6-link for a single target impale skill.
Or what also is very interesting we can run Vaal Areas when we get a Map device for an easy 6-Link Weapon and don't have to wait for a 6-link Body armor. Saving time and money.

but i'm not sure if any of this matters i would like to make a build but without PoB it's nearly impossible for me to evaluate this Build idea. But i like the concept.

Enduring Cry and Call of Steel are actually not both warcries so we are fine in that regard. Call of Steel is a skill that you get innately for using any of the Steel skills.

2 Hander is a good suggestion but I just prefer to go dual wield. It might be the way to go though so we will have to wait and see if someone else makes a clean guide or build for it that way. Vaal areas are always great to run for early 6 Links.

"
@Flaproulette
I followed your Earthshatter Jugg guide for the start of Harvest so I'll give this one a go too :). Cheers Aziire.

Thank you :D I hope you enjoyed the Earthshatter and hopefully enjoy this one too

"
@sultangurde
Nice guide. Would you consider this build SSF viable?

Very much so. The build has no real requirements for gear and a large portion of the gear I have shown in the Path of Building is simply Rares with Resistances and Maximum Life.

"
@Paradigm
Thanks for the guide, I'll give this a try. Need a break from Cyclone haha

Hopefully you enjoy it, many of us are taking a break from the ol classic Cyclone

"
@wsbisev
never played with a bestial minion. why is it annoying?

its not invulnerable? or too slow?
and you need to recast it alot

I haven't actually played with one either but I hate summoning things like ice golems etc so if it is at all similar (I imagine it is) than it will probably be a little annoying.

"
@imaboutaverage
This build sounds fantastic, I'll definitely be trying it, thank you!

Hopefully it pleases you and you don't reroll into a 5th character Day 2.

"
@MikeyTwoGuns
What are the thoughts of getting rampart? What 4 nodes would you sacrifice for it? I'm thinking get rid of the heartseeker wheel in the top right & a random life node and picking up the rampart wheel.

I wouldn't recommend this as an option personally. The damage is really poor and you only get up to 24% Less Damage Taken with Fortify. The trade off for me isn't worth it. Losing Heartseeker is a lot of damage as well.

"
@Neomeris85
I am doing this as my league starter as well. Fingers crossed, it looks great on paper.

If anyone is interested, I always make these build quick reference sheets for my builds, here is the one for this build.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r_zkgmwDtypAr08rl-chWLsLMJ7U050r941Bd0y0fOs/edit?usp=sharing

Joining the boys in steel nonsense I fuck with it. Good luck :D
Try as Starter :-)

GL Guys!
One more question, why precision in the enduring cry setup when we don't have to worry about accuracy? Is the critical strike chance alone really that worth it?
I have the PoB loaded up and I'm ready. If it fails, I'll just pivot into Impale Cyclone or go marauder for slam.
Last edited by GenuineProdigy on Sep 18, 2020, 3:42:37 PM
So do you constantly have to manually press call of steel to get your shards back for this to work or is there a way to automate that?
"
MikeyTwoGuns wrote:
So do you constantly have to manually press call of steel to get your shards back for this to work or is there a way to automate that?

You need to press the skill. Steelmage is doing a shattering steel build and he mentioned probably getting a threshold jewel from heist to make call of steel feel less clunky. Probably going to do that with this build too.
it seems that vicious projectiles and iron grip doesnt work with this skill.

i think its bugged...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info