[3.12] Aziire's Splitting Steel Champion - Impale Explosions! | League Starter

I've been thinking about trying this myself, but here's some things I was considering, so maybe they're worth something in terms of ideas:

-taking Fortitude ascendancy in combination with the Perseverance belt for perma fortify + onslaught (you might lose flat life from Ryslatha or a rare vise but I feel like it might be an equal exchange). Saves us a silver flask and we can go for something else.

-In tandem to Perseverance: Taking Iron Reflexes and switch the defensive skill to (Vaal) Molten Shell. Might be another layer to defenses there.
EDIT: nvm you take Iron Reflexes normally, I forgot to update pob fork before writing this lol

-Lioneye's Vision for a 7-link. Maybe Pierce is better on this than we yet think. We can support the colors anyway plus we get mana leech. That can't ever hurt.

-Devoto's Devotion. Movespeed never hurts, neither do attack speed and Chaos resist. Also more armor stacking.

-Rare Gripped Gloves (if you absolutely minmax probably with the Culling Strike influenced mod) to squeeze out just a little bit more.

-I've personally begun to consider going with one Beltimber Blade and a Shield aswell given we use a projectile skill but dual wield might be more DPS. I ain't no POB warrior I'm just bringing up possibilities.
Last edited by reaverofblackdestiny on Sep 18, 2020, 3:34:32 AM
"
@HavocTom
I'm also going to start with this build. If splitting steel isn't great, gonna slot in Shattering Steel and test that out. If that fails, well back to Witch I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Always a Plan B, and even a Plan C. Man of business I like it, respect the hustle for League Starting hahaha. Feel free to abuse me in twitch chat if it is shit, I'll cop it :D

"
@Maethorr
As far as weapons I am thinking that beltimber might be the way to go. It frees up your gem slot instead of GMP and get a better damage support and they have good damage.

Beltimbers would be great but they provide not a single piece of value to our single target damage. Awesome for clearing though as you would have 4 additional Splits but would hurt our only weakness. Even with the addition of another damage Support I don't think it would be worth it (I'm already going to Gem swap GMP for Sirus, Shaper etc).

"
@Busyansky
Guys lets be realistic. It will be same 1kk pob Sdps

Aight bet, if I can't do A8 Sirus in a week I'll admit defeat. If I do then I expect to see a twitch prime ;)

"
@reaverofblackdestiny
I've been thinking about trying this myself, but here's some things I was considering, so maybe they're worth something in terms of ideas:

-taking Fortitude ascendancy in combination with the Perseverance belt for perma fortify + onslaught (you might lose flat life from Ryslatha or a rare vise but I feel like it might be an equal exchange). Saves us a silver flask and we can go for something else.

-In tandem to Perseverance: Taking Iron Reflexes and switch the defensive skill to (Vaal) Molten Shell. Might be another layer to defenses there.
EDIT: nvm you take Iron Reflexes normally, I forgot to update pob fork before writing this lol

-Lioneye's Vision for a 7-link. Maybe Pierce is better on this than we yet think. We can support the colors anyway plus we get mana leech. That can't ever hurt.

-Devoto's Devotion. Movespeed never hurts, neither do attack speed and Chaos resist. Also more armor stacking.

-Rare Gripped Gloves (if you absolutely minmax probably with the Culling Strike influenced mod) to squeeze out just a little bit more.

-I've personally begun to consider going with one Beltimber Blade and a Shield aswell given we use a projectile skill but dual wield might be more DPS. I ain't no POB warrior I'm just bringing up possibilities.

I appreciate the suggestions regardless of POB warrior status :D.

- Fortitude Ascendancy is a great idea and I have even mentioned it in my Ascendancy options portion of the guide. Very comparable to First to Strike, Last to Fall route. Ryslatha's is expensive anyway

- Lioneye's Vision is a really good suggestion actually. Saves us a passive point as well on the tree. It will be interesting to see how Pierce feels after the Split. Will test out the skill with Pierce before I invest in any real chest piece.

- Devoto's is alright but we would lose almost 300 Total Life by taking it. On top of that it is also less dps than a Crown of the Inward Eye. Great for Cyclone builds though.

- I agree with the Gripped Gloves, I even have them in the Giga Rich item set in PoB (albeit without Culling but that would be a great option).

- I mentioned before but Beltimber is a great idea for clear but might feel like shit for things like higher tier map bosses where we lack the damage.
Hey - thanks for the guide!

Have you thought about including Sniper's Mark in here to help with bossing? Not necessarily self-cast, but maybe on a CoH ring for end-game?

The new mark clusters on the tree are quite strong, and the one closest to Duelist gives you free culling strike! You could save a lot of gem links with it.
Ok i really liked the mechanic of this skill but i got burned last league with melee (Played EQ Jugg).

I'm scared that i invest 8h Leveling and the character sucks.

Anyways.
When we run Enduring Cry AND Call of Steel which is both a Warcry we maybe shooting our self in the foot with a 8 Sec Cooldown(Call to Arms) when we need to generate Steel Shards for our secondary projectiles. And wise versa.

Also we should consider with a base dmg of 168.4% this Skill would do crazy more dmg with a two handed weapon. And we could use the secound 6-link for a single target impale skill.
Or what also is very interesting we can run Vaal Areas when we get a Map device for an easy 6-Link Weapon and don't have to wait for a 6-link Body armor. Saving time and money.

but i'm not sure if any of this matters i would like to make a build but without PoB it's nearly impossible for me to evaluate this Build idea. But i like the concept.
I followed your Earthshatter Jugg guide for the start of Harvest so I'll give this one a go too :). Cheers Aziire.
Nice guide. Would you consider this build SSF viable?
Thanks for the guide, I'll give this a try. Need a break from Cyclone haha
never played with a bestial minion. why is it annoying?

its not invulnerable? or too slow?
and you need to recast it alot
I got a bit into SSF approach of this build and i think i would use Inspirational instead of First to Strike. This give a huge 20% buff to our pride aura and we can easily skip Enlighten, because Banner costs no mana.
This build sounds fantastic, I'll definitely be trying it, thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info