Righteous Fire / Agnostic / Full Life condition

After some research, I'm aware this is a known interaction. I didn't know about it until I tried it in game and was very surprised this interaction works differently from all other full life conditions. Since it goes against GGG statements and does not follow the pattern from earlier Full Life interactions, I consider it a bug.

In this forum post from 2018, Mark_GGG states:

"
While you will not actually be consistently on absolutely full life because you will degen a bit every frame before regening it, it is possible to benefit from those bonuses. The "full life" condition was changed a while ago so that if the amount of life you're recovering per second is higher than the amount you're losing per second, such that you are hitting full and falling back again each frame, you count as on full life the whole time.

The change he mentions was in patch 2.6 as clarified by Hrishi_GGG in this reddit thread, even though it was not in the 2.6 patch notes.

Let's say a character is using the Damage on Full Life Support and Blood Rage. As long as the life loss from Blood Rage is counteracted by HP regen or life leech, the character is considered at full life at all times and will get the bonus damage from Damage on Full Life Support. This is the interaction most people would expect and what has been confirmed both Mark and other GGG employees before.

In my case, my character is using Righteous Fire and has enough HP regen from various sources to offset the degen from Righteous Fire. I see no reason why this character should not be considered at full life, just like the Blood Rage character. I tried using Agnostic in my RF build and it does not behave in a way that is consistent with GGG statements or with other effects with Full Life conditions. Agnostic reads:

"
Maximum Energy Shield is 0
While not on Full Life, Sacrifice 20% of Mana per Second to Recover that much Life

Based on GGG statements, the character should be considered at Full Life as long as HP regen is greater than HP degen. Agnostic should not trigger as long as the character is considered at Full Life, but it does and drains mana rapidly. Maybe this is an Agnostic specific bug, rather than being tied to RF. I haven't tried it with Blood Rage + Agnostic or RF + some other effect with a Full Life condition.

I tried equipping Springleaf, just in case there was some strange rounding error when I was just barely sustaining HP, but it made no difference.

I'm guessing Agnostic was somehow implemented differently than other Full Life conditions on skills and items and I'm hoping this bug can be resolved soon.
Last edited by KoomZog on Sep 16, 2020, 8:24:21 AM
Last bumped on May 10, 2021, 5:41:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hey, I just want to be clear. Are you sure that the recovery from Agnostic isn't the only thing keeping you positive on regen? If it is then it will cancel when you hit full, drop your regen to negative, not consider you at full, kick back in, and topping you off. The cycle would probably look like your at full, but you wouldn't ever be considered at full life because you regen isn't consistently positive.

I've seen a Righteous Fire Build with Agnostic and it wasn't draining constantly so it should be possible to use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtExcsbZq7s
Yes, I am at positive HP and mana regen with RF active, even without being specced into The Agnostic.
Can confirm this. I'm playing a Hierophant right now. In hideout,
- 2709 HP
- 403/2049 Mana (reserving Vitality 16, Clarity 16, Purity of Fire 16 and Flesh and Stone 15)
- Max fire resist is 82% and capped
- life regen is 544.7
- mana regen is 280.2

If Agnostic and RF work as reported, my RF degen should be 2709*.9 (RF) *.18 (resist) = -438.8 life per second, for a net ~+100 hp regen/sec. Turning on RF without The Agnostic confirms this, since I don't lose any HP (but go to 2700/2709), and standing in mobs and taking damage shows a regen rate of about 100 a second. The moment I spec The Agnostic, my mana instantly drains, even though 1) my life regen alone should sustain RF and 2) 20% drain of 403 mana is 80 mana, and my mana regen should comfortably out-regen that. So not only is it a bug with the Agnostic "full life" condition, something else is going on because it seems to ignore mana regen/s.

This is without MOM specced, but I do have Hierophant's Divine Guidance specced. Even so, 43 degen per second on my mana (10% damage taken from mana) combined with the 80 degen from Agnostic adds only to 123 degen, which is still less than half of my supposed 280 regen; yet my mana bar is still empty.

The mana drain only makes sense if Agnostic calculates based on total mana. But since my life regen is still fairly high, I shouldn't be losing mana straightaway.
Last edited by Seiyashi7184 on Sep 30, 2020, 6:34:12 AM
Wow, thank you for posting this. I am also using RF. Was thinking about agnostic, but now that i know that it is broken, will stay away from it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
I am also having this issue. My HP is constantly siting one tick, 17 hp, under full. This is preventing the full life condition and allowing life flasks to be used when they should not.
I am having the same issue. My regen is 547.4 and my degen is 461.58 with RF. My life stays at 2041/2051. I should be considered Full Life according to OP's post.

When I enable Agnostic, it degens 20% of my max mana, which I cannot sustain. MoM is not used. Kind of a bummer because thats a big chunk of damage out of my Archmage build.

Has this been fixed?
Or is this actually intended behaviour?
IGN: Akimiya
It's unlikely intended, game's just barely functional atm.

I also specced out of the agnostic and reworked the build, after discovering it bricks my RF char.
Haven't checked it for a while, need to find reliable confirmation what's going on before I even bother again.

Will be glad if anyone can provide information on the topic.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Feb 10, 2021, 6:52:34 AM
Has this ever been looked at? Clearly this interaction isn't still working.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info