CreateShaderResourceViewEx: Wrong Parameter

Must be nice to have enough spare $$$ to fix a game by replacing your hardware.
Maybe another year, one that hasn't been screwed so badly.

RIP Path of Exile. ;-(
If you are using laptop, try switching your default intel gpu to nvidia.
https://prnt.sc/vf60uy
I tryed today to install PoE on my office pc and i have the same proble, crash immidiatly. I have an HP Pavillion dv6 with: i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz, 8gm ram and Radeon HD 7400M. I reinstalled the game (from steam), all drivers and tryed the Repair, but still dont work. Any suggestion?
"
keyman93 wrote:
I tryed today to install PoE on my office pc and i have the same proble, crash immidiatly. I have an HP Pavillion dv6 with: i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz, 8gm ram and Radeon HD 7400M. I reinstalled the game (from steam), all drivers and tryed the Repair, but still dont work. Any suggestion?

just play you game at home or ask your company IT guy to upgrade the card of your office computer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_7000_series is 8 yo card...
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
it's nice to know that GGG has no care for individuals who want to play this game on older systems, nor have the money to spend on new tech every single time there is an update. Shame on you, GGG. fix this crap!
"
Umarion wrote:
it's nice to know that GGG has no care for individuals who want to play this game on older systems, nor have the money to spend on new tech every single time there is an update. Shame on you, GGG. fix this crap!

goodbye for using 10 yo old technology...
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Umarion wrote:

goodbye for using 10 yo old technology...

I'm on the newest tech, albeit a MacBook Pro M1. Tried the experimental mac release and that didn't do anything so I downloaded a trial for CrossOver and that gives this error. I'll play on my PC but would have loved to have this option for even a suboptimal performance on the go.
It is a common sense that don't play computer game on notebook...also you are using native macOS or cracked with Windows? I don't know the spec of MacBook Pro M1, but if it is onboard display chip instead of dedicated graphic card , it may high likely not fully supporting Vulkan or DX11.

Also it is a common sense that to claim it is a bug / need tech support, state all the hardware spec and software info like OS, driver, etc.

"
neohongkong wrote:
It is a common sense that don't play computer game on notebook...also you are using native macOS or cracked with Windows? I don't know the spec of MacBook Pro M1, but if it is onboard display chip instead of dedicated graphic card , it may high likely not fully supporting Vulkan or DX11.

Also it is a common sense that to claim it is a bug / need tech support, state all the hardware spec and software info like OS, driver, etc.

Yeah, of course. I was only looking for an alternative to the poorly done experimental Mac release. This can run Civ 6 on ultra everything on large maps and cruise through late game. MacOS but with a trial of a wine bottler application called CrossOver that does run many Windows applications using DX11, I believe. I'm curious if this workaround would have worked before this bug showed up for PC users as well.

I really just have to hold out hope that they put more work into the mac release.
As a programmer and with having experience on working on several large game projects I know for a fact that providing support for older shaders is something that could have been done in this situation.

Normally when dropping older card support its done to eliminate graphics issues. Not because they dont work but because they perform poorly or look bad. By cutting those machines out it makes your game appear to perform better since the machines that would of lagged out cant run it anymore. Tacky but happens.

Another reason for doing it has to do with kickbacks. Lets just say it makes manufactures happy when people have to upgrade :)

But in this situation the part I find ridiculous isn't that they did what they did as far as rending so many people unable to play the game anymore. Its the fact they didnt even bother to answer questions about what THEY did on their OWN support site.

Its pretty sad when players have to provide tech support for a game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info