CreateShaderResourceViewEx: Wrong Parameter

"
Its pretty sad when players have to provide tech support for a game.

They don't care more bug report and rely on other player to reply those false positive bug report and real bug report'

only bug that really a bug, and they really added to known bug list on the forum and internal bug follow up list, they start to consider to reply the thread
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
This is apparently a compatibility issue with hardware/drivers. I get this error on an older machine with Windows 10. I don't believe re-installing will make any difference. And I'm pretty sure upgrading from win7 to Windows 10 won't make any difference. New hardware - either a new system, or a new video card is likely the only solution - or stop playing the game of course.
"
artaphi wrote:
This is apparently a compatibility issue with hardware/drivers. I get this error on an older machine with Windows 10. I don't believe re-installing will make any difference. And I'm pretty sure upgrading from win7 to Windows 10 won't make any difference. New hardware - either a new system, or a new video card is likely the only solution - or stop playing the game of course.

Pretty sure if your card is older than Nvidia 650, then most certainly not able to play

While some player reported that Nvidia 1000 series + win 7 + latest driver does not work, but Win 10 works
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

Same problem here. Indeed my GPU is about 10 years old, but was working great with previous POE Versions. Dont think that the graphics were upgraded so hard in this update. or?

"
gat0roid wrote:
Same problem here. Indeed my GPU is about 10 years old, but was working great with previous POE Versions. Dont think that the graphics were upgraded so hard in this update. or?

Read 3.11.2 announcement on GGG using newer graphic compression code....

Is there no fix for this? I just reinstalled PoE again because I've been wanting to play again, only to get this error. Very disappointing.
"game deleted" See you in another life
i guess we cant play anymore :((
Last edited by 666sotona on Jan 9, 2021, 5:03:13 PM
I've been saving money to buy a pc just for the game. Sad life :)
I actually experienced this with a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER lately.

I read all of this forum and it only shows old GPUs have this issue - so I redid parts of my pc got a new motherboard, new cpu etc and after opening the game I had the same error.

My fix was to set the game to start in window mode via nvidia geforce experience, then ingame set to directx12, directx11 gave me the troubles, and now the game runs super smooth without any issue again...

just wanted to let ppl know if it happens on a modern pc
IGN: FluffyMetamorph

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info