Path of Exile: Heist Teasers

triple the damage? anyone still wants to discuss balancing? didn't think so.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:

Summoners just lost some defense, got to balance that out with damage
"
Rekt_that wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

Glass cannon league lol. +1 build i want to try in this league.
"
DarkenX wrote:
Finally, a weapon that makes minion builds look like fun! Imagine actually fighting WITH minions at your side! No more boring idle simulator builds, when you can rush in and swing at the monsters in your way!

They've been trying to push that archetype since all the way back in Delve, when they added Smite. And, just as they have before, I predict they're gonna fail this time too. The weapon will be used sure, but not as a death knight type build with you fighting effectively alongside your minions. You can just use an unsupported Lightning Strike or something every few seconds to activate it, while still keeping your distance. People aren't gonna give up on the inherent safety that fighting via minions provides unless you just force them to do so.
"
"
Rekt_that wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

Glass cannon league lol. +1 build i want to try in this league.

a big cannon indeed. what with the double damage? how does that work in conjunction with the triple damage?
― Christopher Hitchens
"
Antigegner wrote:

Well that depends on how it works. Skeletons have significantly higher base damage than this sword for their main attack, and there's a good possibility it replaces that rather than being additive.

Afaik GGG have given no details on how the mechanics of this will work, so wait and see.

*edit*

Assuming its additive (which is probably is) it's not that big a deal, infact quite possibly weaker than existing necromancer weapons.

L30 Skeletons have 2685 base damage. dropping 2 gem levels (by dropping a +1+1 wand or similar) drops that to 2217 which pretty much cancels out the 3x gain. or you could be losing ~90% minion damage from a much easier to obtain weapon.

It certainly an interesting weapon though. I guess mutually exclusive with skeleton archers, although maybe not as archers can use shields via aegis so eh.
Last edited by Asmosis on Sep 17, 2020, 5:41:40 AM
Delirium 16 chaos FACEPALM
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"The Necromancer path now causes your skills to trigger the alarm" LMAOOOO!
Rip necro i guess
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
Last edited by VoidExilePoE on Sep 17, 2020, 6:50:05 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:

Well that depends on how it works. Skeletons have significantly higher base damage than this sword for their main attack, and there's a good possibility it replaces that rather than being additive.

Afaik GGG have given no details on how the mechanics of this will work, so wait and see.

*edit*

Assuming its additive (which is probably is) it's not that big a deal, infact quite possibly weaker than existing necromancer weapons.

L30 Skeletons have 2685 base damage. dropping 2 gem levels (by dropping a +1+1 wand or similar) drops that to 2217 which pretty much cancels out the 3x gain. or you could be losing ~90% minion damage from a much easier to obtain weapon.

It certainly an interesting weapon though. I guess mutually exclusive with skeleton archers, although maybe not as archers can use shields via aegis so eh.

If it can trigger cast on melee kill it could be beyond op
I still would like to know how this 'triple damage' works together with 'double' damage that you can get from the skill tree and cluster jewels. Any guesses?
― Christopher Hitchens

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info