The Multi-box Thread: How it ruins the game.

"
Cambob wrote:
Who mutliboxes at solitaire? No one.

Why? Because there is no advantage to it.

There's no more need to write half page descriptions.

After 45 pages, it's clear the cheaters will continue to cheat and the legit players will leave the game.

I like that :)
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Because Solitaire totaly has a economy that can be broken...:P
it's a game.. if you care so much about an imaginary economy, you have a serious mental issue...
IGN: Metzu / HerbalSplooge
"
Cambob wrote:

After 45 pages, it's clear the cheaters will continue to cheat and the legit players will leave the game.

Pretty much sums up the thread.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
Is it that hard to make multiboxing detection. GGG if you have a problem figuring it out, ask me I'll take 15 min of my day to figure out a system.
"
Cambob wrote:

After 45 pages, it's clear that most posters don't have a clue about PoE's very unique economy.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
dmiric wrote:
Is it that hard to make multiboxing detection. GGG if you have a problem figuring it out, ask me I'll take 15 min of my day to figure out a system.

Really, say it.

PS: On this screenshots you see the main problem of the game

"WTB BEST IN SLOT BLABLABLA"

Why you should try Harcore http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/209310/page/1
Last edited by tadl on Apr 4, 2013, 6:39:33 AM
"
b15h09 wrote:
As I said, it's a luxury item. Everyone wants one, because the supply is drying up. You can easily go 1000 hours without finding one. This is why trade is trying to go exclusively exalted.

Really, trade was popping when the chaos recipe was in effect. It wasn't until GGG trainwrecked it that trade went all to hell. The nerf made the market panic, and everyone wants to get out with exalteds. All other currency is being neglected. A lack of liquidity will fuck a market hardcore. Again, I say increase drop rates.

It's possible there may be some currencies that are actually undervalued currently due to the panic, but eventually, they'll find their correction. I still think most low level currencies are probably overvalued, though.

I think if I addressed the first 2/3rds of your post, we'd sit here and argue about whether or not the actual value of the items truly reflected the cost of the utility of the items used all day. However, since I have rather bad luck myself, I feel that I might be inclined to believe that perhaps you're correct that the lower currencies are overvalued. I would argue that exalteds are overvalued in respect to their utility as well, though (it looks like that their utility is so low and their scarcity is so high that it mostly just makes them useful as purely a currency). I do agree that one way to settle this would be to raise drop rates for orbs. Perhaps one consideration is increasing the drop rate of exalteds, though, as this would get the orb into more hands and allow more people to dictate its price rather than from a small, handful of people. Raising drop rates doesn't solve the cause, however, and only addresses some of the symptoms.
"
dmiric wrote:

lol considering they have never been able to combat boxxing in any game so far, I highly doubt your gonna be adding anything to the mix.
"
Cambob wrote:

Due to the inability for anyone to be able to grasp the concept. Let me restate it again.
Until GGG says its against the rules (they have already said that its ok) then no matter YOUR opinion on the matter, its not cheating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info