3.11.1f Patch Notes

ty
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Melvinckl wrote:
after the 3.11.1f Patch my game lag alot, before that is smooth all the way.

+++
"
JayFinch wrote:
After 80 minutes of updating on Steam and 80 GB written to the disk, the GGPK file is now 39 GB.

Can we please get a statement from GGG on when they intend to remedy the embarrassing state of updates and finally split the huge file?

Splitting the file dramatically worsens load times, especially for players with HDDs.
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
JayFinch wrote:
After 80 minutes of updating on Steam and 80 GB written to the disk, the GGPK file is now 39 GB.

Can we please get a statement from GGG on when they intend to remedy the embarrassing state of updates and finally split the huge file?

Splitting the file dramatically worsens load times, especially for players with HDDs.

Could you please elaborate?
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
Cool
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
JayFinch wrote:

splitting the file would have no real effect on speed while reading/writing into resource files, with multiple files the game would have to maintain multiple file handles but that's it.

the only improvement you get with multiple files is when steam does a backup before patching: with multiple files it only has to update the files that changed.

but then, bigger updates make changes to all sorts of resources, so you end up with steam updating all files which takes the same time.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Bloom slider is a good start. Need to move the minimum to 0% instead of 25%.....
"
2517 wrote:
"
Melvinckl wrote:
after the 3.11.1f Patch my game lag alot, before that is smooth all the way.

+++

Unable to join instance issues with maps now. An issue that I've never had. Game is running much worse and choppy.

Game was perfectly smooth all league even in blights and deliriums with VD spellslinger - now it's having trouble loading hideout decorations and white maps.

EDIT: got the game to run better by using multithread, dynamic culling/res on, VSYNC DISABLED and running vulkan. Seems to work alright, but still a little worse than before.
Last edited by rotting_fox on Sep 11, 2020, 6:01:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info