[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

Thx for interesting build!

Was tired of playing with ED trickster, Elementalist and necro. This should definitely refresh my expirience.
Looks like a great guide! Definitely gonna build my starter around this, since it looks like great fun!

I have never made my own build, but have been fooling aorund a bit in PoB, so I was wondering about a few things though:
- How much does unwavering stance do for you? Since you neglect a bunch of damage already, are you stunned often? If you go via the butchery path under that you increase your damage by almost 10% if I'm not mistaking, so wondering how bad the possibility of being stunned is here...
- Any ideas on the tradeoff in AoE for concentrated effect? You get a bit more damage if you swap that in for melee phys. supp., but you lose some AoE.

All in all looking forward to rekking some 10-boss maven fights with this!
What is needed to transition to the mid-budget crit version? Can't you just start with the crit version and upgrade items as you go? Or is it not efficient (maybe less dmg than budget non-crit early mapping)?
The beginner/budget PoB has Lightning Golem, not Stone Golem.

Is this intended? If so, is there a particular point in time when you recommend making the swap?
John 3:16
"
InsaneX3 wrote:
What is needed to transition to the mid-budget crit version? Can't you just start with the crit version and upgrade items as you go? Or is it not efficient (maybe less dmg than budget non-crit early mapping)?

You would need to invest heavily into accuracy on the tree and on gear without the hits can't be evaded weapon. Basically needs a completely different tree
"
Discodibs wrote:
Looks like a great guide! Definitely gonna build my starter around this, since it looks like great fun!

I have never made my own build, but have been fooling aorund a bit in PoB, so I was wondering about a few things though:
- How much does unwavering stance do for you? Since you neglect a bunch of damage already, are you stunned often? If you go via the butchery path under that you increase your damage by almost 10% if I'm not mistaking, so wondering how bad the possibility of being stunned is here...
- Any ideas on the tradeoff in AoE for concentrated effect? You get a bit more damage if you swap that in for melee phys. supp., but you lose some AoE.

We only need unwaivering stance in budget build. Later in when we start to leverage smoke cloud (gaining 50% evasion during mapping), we will rely on either pantheon or boots enchant to deal with stun.

As for concentrated effect, I believe we have enough damage already, adding more damage while sacrificing AOE isn't going to do us much good, especially in terms of clearing speed.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Jan 15, 2021, 10:26:32 AM
"
padawan3201 wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

You would need to invest heavily into accuracy on the tree and on gear without the hits can't be evaded weapon. Basically needs a completely different tree

In PoB I experimented a bit by using the low tier weapons with the mid tier tree and the damage is similar in the end. Not sure about the way towards that though. I'm definitly going to start of with resolute technique, at least get all points in both trees, and then I'll figure whether I feel comfortable with going for crit, or hang on to the budget tree from there.
"
The beginner/budget PoB has Lightning Golem, not Stone Golem.

Is this intended? If so, is there a particular point in time when you recommend making the swap?

Yeah, I usually siwtch between lightning golem and stone golem. Early in game we don't have many source of attack speed, so I use lightning golem.

I guess this is really a personal preference, if you find attack speed too slow, then choose lightning golem. otherwise, stone golem.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Discodibs wrote:

We only need unwaivering stance in budget build. Later in when we start to leverage smoke cloud (gaining 50% evasion during mapping), we will rely on either pantheon or boots enchant to deal with stun.

As for concentrated effect, I believe we have enough damage already, adding more damage while sacrificing AOE isn't going to do us much good, especially in terms of clearing speed.

Thanks! I'll hold on to melee phys than. As for the stun I guess I'm gonna learn the hard way (and die hard probably) :-D
"
Discodibs wrote:
"
padawan3201 wrote:
"
InsaneX3 wrote:

In PoB I experimented a bit by using the low tier weapons with the mid tier tree and the damage is similar in the end. Not sure about the way towards that though. I'm definitly going to start of with resolute technique, at least get all points in both trees, and then I'll figure whether I feel comfortable with going for crit, or hang on to the budget tree from there.

When using Disintegrator, you need to use combine it with resolute technique for accuracy, the down side is we can't crit.

Starting from mid-tier gears, we realy on critical strike to scale our damage, that's why we need a rare weapon to craft "hits can't be evaded", and unallocate resolute technique, so we can crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info