[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

What am i missing?
Feeling squishy and damage is much lower than it should be.
"
plaguefear wrote:
What am i missing?

same boat here, running early crit version, still having some fun so i'll keep pushing i guess :P
i looked through the guide but i didn't see any guidance on the order of the gems.

i've only got a 4L and trying to figure out which gems to use until i get my 5L.

in particular if i have

tec slam, pulverize, melee phys damage, elemental damage with attacks

should i use fist of war in place of one of them ?

the damage from FoW is awesome, but i'm worried the long cool down will be worse.

Where are we suppose to have space for the auras? i have the cries(intimidate, infernal, enduring, rallying) we need with tec slam, dash, molten shell / vaal molten, and totem / vaal totem which leaves me with 3 spots left for aura's and phase rush on my active bars i currently am only running herald of purity and ash and bloodd sand. I'm not sure how we are suppose to fit in skitter bots and phase run here. (i have default molten shell on my left click while walking)
"
MaigalHS wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:
What am i missing?

same boat here, running early crit version, still having some fun so i'll keep pushing i guess :P

Same boat here, doing a mental check before I buy/craft a staff. On one hand I've bopped exarch and eater, on the other I'm up to 382 deaths.

I need a bit more block for 50/50 and could get more armor but would still feel a bit squishy and not have ele ailment immunity.

Have gotten crazy far for my investment but need to make a decision.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
fallman2 wrote:
Having a blast with the build so far, managed to transition to the Early Crit version. Had a noticeable damage increase. However, I do feel a little bit squishy. Need to have a finger on my Enduring Cry at all times in case I suddenly get one shot. This is in T15 maps against magic and higher mobs. I'm still using Hrimnor's Resolve since Inward Eye is still pretty expensive, sitting at 40+c still but I'm not sure if that would make a significant difference in tankiness. Is there anything in this variant of the build that makes or breaks the defensiveness?

Hi, you can wait a while after inward eye gets cheaper to get that.

For now you can prioritize getting both attack and spell block chance 50%. It should help with defense significantly

Haven't done much for the block chance due to lack of levels but I got inward eye and now the defenses feel way better. Also the map mod that lets enemies steal your charges seems deadly for this build since we lose all endurance charges.

"
plaguefear wrote:
What am i missing?

Took a look at your character since I was curious. Think you deviated from the PoB quite alot by pathing to Panopticon. Missing out on the leech node is a bad idea since it kills your mana sustain and you lose some life leech too (I found out that this was bad the hard way by thinking I allocated it but actually didn't for awhile in maps).
I switched to totems to get currency
"
plaguefear wrote:
What am i missing?

If you still have the POB before switching to totem I can take a look
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
MaigalHS wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:
What am i missing?

The higher budget level can improve damage and survivability for sure, at the same time, character level, play style are also equally important
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
plasticeyes wrote:
i looked through the guide but i didn't see any guidance on the order of the gems.

i've only got a 4L and trying to figure out which gems to use until i get my 5L.

in particular if i have

tec slam, pulverize, melee phys damage, elemental damage with attacks

should i use fist of war in place of one of them ?

the damage from FoW is awesome, but i'm worried the long cool down will be worse.

Hi, the priorities are: tectonic slam, fist of war, melee phys, elemental attack, fortify, pulverize ( if you have enough attack speed, otherwise fire penetration )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info