[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
JennoJoyce wrote:

Well, something tells me the play style might be the major factor. for example, the usage of phase run to gain damage buff and stealth mode, maintaining charges, and positioning slam etc.

It would definitely take some time to get the hang of it for sure :)

None of those are the problem though. Used to slam builds, charges maintain themselves, and phase run is easy enough.

There's a few things I could tweak for sure but feeling tanky feels so far off. Shrug.
Do you ever feel like the AOE is.... less than great? Even with pulverize my non-charged slams hit like 1/3 of the screen/mobs.
"
Tripz123 wrote:
I feel like POB might be calculating "Added Fire Damage Support Gem" and "Awakened Added Fire Damage Support Gem" gems incorrectly extremely low on POB for tectonic slam, or I may be misunderstanding the behavior. I'm not a pro or anything, but when I swap in my Added Fire Damage gem in the actual game, it always gives more in-game DPS compared to Melee Phys or Pulverise when supporting Tectonic Slam. Is this something to do with the huge bonus to "Added Damage" noted on Tectonic Slam? I feel like Added Fire Damage is being undervalued in POB.

IE. Using Tectonic Slam as your main skill - equip a added fire damage support gem and check in-game dps on tectonic slam then replace that gem with a pulverise or melee phys support gem with the same level. From my experience the Added fire damage always has more dps in-game. (note this is with the budget starter version setup, I can't say for the crit version)

I could be totally wrong here or some interaction I'm unaware of, POB is amazing, but I feel like I kind of trust the in-game damage on this one until someone tells me I'm an idiot, which I would accept :) Also, you don't lose attack speed, which is nice. May be worth investigating. If not, sorry!

"
Why Lust for carnage passive?

Alternatively, You could save these 4 points for elsewhere by using a single rare jewel to replace all that attack speed. IE. two hand attack speed + mace atk speed + atk speed, etc variations of a single rare jewel. Overall this would save you 3 skill points for the same benefit (18%~ attack speed), if playing the budget build at least. Two locations in the budget build where you can skill 1pt to a open jewel slot. (This won't work in crit versions where crit-multi is superior)

The in-game tooltip damage is a good source of information, but it doesn’t take many important factors into account. For example, exerted attack buff is not considered, and debuff on enemy isn’t considered either. Having said that, I also think you could be right, because all POB’s calculation is based on the assumption that there’s no bug in the implementation of those mechanisms in game. We have seen those assumptions often do not hold from time to time.

Regarding the jewel suggestion, that’s a pretty good idea! My intent is for players not bothering about jewels in the budget version of the build. But it’s always great to see smart adjustments

[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
fallman2 wrote:
At what point do you think it would be safe to attempt Uber Elder and other bosses with this build? I'm currently midway through transitioning to mid budget version with clusters and the damage is decent but the survivability feels slightly lackluster in T16 maps with influence (though that's also because I need more block and can't find anywhere to get more block. Spell block is not capped by a long shot). Hoping to do Uber Elder and Maven for voidstones as well as farm Sirus.

Also are the Awakened gems worth buying now? 4.5ex for Awakened ele damage with attacks is really steep.

Edit: Just tried non story mode Black Star and it was extremely difficult. Any single hit from one of its stronger attacks instakills from full health. Pretty sure this isn't an issue with spell block anymore.

Hi,

the purpose of the 50c build is only intended for getting into red maps (T11 - 13). Once you enter T14 maps and beyond, I really recommend fully converting to early-crit build to proceed further.

As for bosses, I would only do Sirus/ Uber elder at least after matching the survivability and damage of early crit gear. Some other bosses might require even further gear level.

About Awakened gem, it's simply a matter of priority. You will see from the build guide that we only update them starting mid-crit gear.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Feb 10, 2022, 10:39:28 AM
"
Robertthebob wrote:

None of those are the problem though. Used to slam builds, charges maintain themselves, and phase run is easy enough.

There's a few things I could tweak for sure but feeling tanky feels so far off. Shrug.

Well I guess another important factor is managing the expectation. The improvement of survivability is a process rather than a one-time thing.

As you will see yourself, when we push further and further in the gears, we are adding more and more defensive layers and immunities that would eventually allow us to do most challenging content.

"
flynnzeke wrote:
Do you ever feel like the AOE is.... less than great? Even with pulverize my non-charged slams hit like 1/3 of the screen/mobs.

When you slam, make sure you have full endurance charge and fist of war buff (and other warcry effects).

I know sometimes people slam too often, which is really against our play style.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
goozzz wrote:
OMG is Phase Run working like this?

It's much easier than you thought.

From my in-game testing, the damage buff is already applied when you use phase run.

You can test it in hideout yourself too: put your cursor on the slam and watch for its tooltip damage. Then use keyboard to activate phase run and notice how damage changed immediately after phase run.

Thanks a lot! It is working exactly as you've described!

The wording on the Phase Run description is inaccurate or it is coded incorrectly in-game.

Seems like both move and atk dmg buffs are applied at the same time once Phase Run is used, but the atk dmg buff will disappear in 0.2s after initiating any atk skill.

Again, thank you for all your responses to fellow chieftains and great build guide!!!
Last edited by goozzz on Feb 10, 2022, 10:51:08 AM
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
fallman2 wrote:
At what point do you think it would be safe to attempt Uber Elder and other bosses with this build? I'm currently midway through transitioning to mid budget version with clusters and the damage is decent but the survivability feels slightly lackluster in T16 maps with influence (though that's also because I need more block and can't find anywhere to get more block. Spell block is not capped by a long shot). Hoping to do Uber Elder and Maven for voidstones as well as farm Sirus.

Also are the Awakened gems worth buying now? 4.5ex for Awakened ele damage with attacks is really steep.

Edit: Just tried non story mode Black Star and it was extremely difficult. Any single hit from one of its stronger attacks instakills from full health. Pretty sure this isn't an issue with spell block anymore.

Hi,

the purpose of the 50c build is only intended for getting into red maps (T11 - 13). Once you enter T14 maps and beyond, I really recommend fully converting to early-crit build to proceed further.

As for bosses, I would only do Sirus/ Uber elder at least after matching the survivability and damage of early crit gear. Some other bosses might require even further gear level.

About Awakened gem, it's simply a matter of priority. You will see from the build guide that we only update them starting mid-crit gear.

I'm already at the mid crit gear section with cluster jewels though, not at the league start version. Already invested the ex into getting the crit armour and weapons but am unable to craft on block chance since it reforged into filled prefixes and suffixes buit it's too risky to annul with that much life. I'm thinking if there's a way to fit in determination or something to boost survivability for now (And unequip Skitterbots?) but considering the ex that has been invested I was hoping to be able to clear some bosses instead of struggling hard with Black Star.
Last edited by Fallman2 on Feb 10, 2022, 11:15:05 AM
Ah, understood. I might be slamming too often then, still not super damage cause I'm still on the budget version. Thx 4 replying!
"
fallman2 wrote:
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
fallman2 wrote:

Hi,

I'm already at the mid crit gear section with cluster jewels though, not at the league start version. Already invested the ex into getting the crit armour and weapons but am unable to craft on block chance since it reforged into filled prefixes and suffixes buit it's too risky to annul with that much life. I'm thinking if there's a way to fit in determination or something to boost survivability for now (And unequip Skitterbots?) but considering the ex that has been invested I was hoping to be able to clear some bosses instead of struggling hard with Black Star.

Hum, I killed Black Star without much trouble & without dying, still at the 50c budget version. Dunno if there's conditions that make the boss harder but it was pretty normal. Did you do the mechanics correctly? Determination wouldn't do much for you in that fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info