[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

"
nayfear wrote:
Well i got in o t1 maps and all i can say its a bit hard to surivive even with enduing cry ,immortal cwdt and 7 endurance charges and caped res.1 slaps everything tho.

Flasks! You have 3 flasks that you should change to anything else as they are pointless!

1. Life flask with nothing that purely a waste of slot
2. Life flask with wrong instant mod which is a lot weaker that the 66% one.
3. Two silver flasks and both with movement speed, just get rid of one.

Get 1 Rumi flask and basalt with curse immunity + fix your life flask.

Other than that you should have plenty of life and you shouldnt be having any issues at all.
Hey, first off awesome showcases. This build looks really fun down the line. In fact, I decided to league start in 3.14 since it dodged all the nerfs too. I've managed to follow the 30c guide pretty damn closely gear wise but have run into a couple issues i need advice on.

I have 5k life, and res/reduct same as you, but only 1.9mil dmg. Now this is due at least partly to flasks. I have life/mana in place of Lion's Roar/Wise Oak. This is the first question I have, your pob shows 9.7 mana regen and no mana leech with with 140 unreserved; im not even functional without a mana flask....... As soon as I drain the first tank, I'm waiting on regen to slam again, and even if i killed the pack, I cannot warcry and slam the next without waiting. So I can't even function for mapping without a mana flask.

That accounts for roughly 1mil damage you and I are different, but that still leaves 1 million on the table that I cannot find (maybe I have the config wrong or something dumb).

My PoB is below, and I have tried swapping the gear from yours right into my build and in most cases my damage goes down so its not like you have +dmg mods anywhere I dont, in fact I have a few more than you do. Any help you can give would be great, the end result of all this is that clearing is very tedious, either I have anemic damage and have to hit packs 2+ times to clear them, or I don't have enough mana to do more than 1 pack. Add in the maintenance on warcries (I came from power/frenzy charge builds so maintenance isnt foreign to me, but every 2 attacks is.... interesting)

POB: https://pastebin.com/sStJ6t8u
Without a doubt this is the best marauder build i´ve played in 6 long years. Absolute powerhouse, i´m playing budget version (´cause always poor) and i´m melting the atlas. Thank you!
"
ThriveInDark wrote:
Hey, first off awesome showcases. This build looks really fun down the line. In fact, I decided to league start in 3.14 since it dodged all the nerfs too. I've managed to follow the 30c guide pretty damn closely gear wise but have run into a couple issues i need advice on.

I have 5k life, and res/reduct same as you, but only 1.9mil dmg. Now this is due at least partly to flasks. I have life/mana in place of Lion's Roar/Wise Oak. This is the first question I have, your pob shows 9.7 mana regen and no mana leech with with 140 unreserved; im not even functional without a mana flask....... As soon as I drain the first tank, I'm waiting on regen to slam again, and even if i killed the pack, I cannot warcry and slam the next without waiting. So I can't even function for mapping without a mana flask.

That accounts for roughly 1mil damage you and I are different, but that still leaves 1 million on the table that I cannot find (maybe I have the config wrong or something dumb).

My PoB is below, and I have tried swapping the gear from yours right into my build and in most cases my damage goes down so its not like you have +dmg mods anywhere I dont, in fact I have a few more than you do. Any help you can give would be great, the end result of all this is that clearing is very tedious, either I have anemic damage and have to hit packs 2+ times to clear them, or I don't have enough mana to do more than 1 pack. Add in the maintenance on warcries (I came from power/frenzy charge builds so maintenance isnt foreign to me, but every 2 attacks is.... interesting)

Anointe Thrill seeker on a good necklace you will use for a bit, it will solve your mana issues, and also if you can get comfortable with no life flask and using enduring cry this will open 2 slots for flasks which IMO will help alot.

Also i dont think i saw skitterbots which isnt required yet but you can peek into 2 ex build, if you can solve mana issues, and add skitterbots, unset ring to apply curse with flammability you will see a big difference as well. Sounds like mana alone is really dragging you down.
"
ThriveInDark wrote:

Well i dont really want to check pob but it gotta be somthing stupid like 3 mana on kill somwhere that worked but keep in mind that 30c pob is more or less a template of what you should look like when getting to maps, just use mana flask for now.

Dmg wise dont look at it that much as most likely you set somthing wrong, clearing is anoying because you have mana problems with mana flask that issue should be solved given as you said you most likely cant maintain intimidating and seismic cry at all times (thats where the dmg comes from)

Just move to next tier - 2ex + take unwavering stance since you forgot it.
The best thing you can do is to buy decent amulet and annoint thrill seeker as it will fix all mana issues. the 2ex tag doesnt mean you have to use 2 ex instantly, you can slowly chip in items and you dont need the exact same ones either just look for more important stats.
"
JennoJoyce wrote:
"
Chilby2k wrote:

Sweet thanks go decent depths with it then :)

What the crafting process for your helm?

Crafting step for helmet:

1. Start with lvl85+ warlord helmet base with tectonic slam enchant on it. (if you can't find a warlord base, then use warlord exalt)
2. scour the item, and alt-craft the t1 elemental damage prefix
3. regal the item, and only leave t1 elemental damage mod on the item
4. augmnt defence twice to block all prefixes (we will remove them later)
5. craft fire res to block the fire res suffix
6. augment fire, you will get -9 fire res mod with 100% chance
8. augment critical, you will always hit crit multi mod, with 1/3 chance to get t1. if you did not get t1 crit multi, remove/add crit til you get it.
9. Remove the two defence mods, now you have 2 empty prefixes.
10. augment crit, you will always hit +1 power charge.
11. augment life, then keep remove/add life until you hit t1 life, you have 1/13 chance.
12. remove the crafted fire res, craft the avoid stun suffix.

can u make a video crafting that? i dont know how to craft
"
droumek wrote:

First of all it was made by using old harvest so its nolonger possible to do it this way.

Secound thing is that IF this writen guide was too hard for you to understand where you have step after step on what to do then theres no way a video will help you at all because it would be the same thing but a lot longer than reading.

Third - You are not even in buget crit version, heck you are somwhere in 30c budget so why the hell your looking for min maxed helmet already when that should be far away from your priorties when your using ngamahu flame and 15% movement speed boots on 5 link 0 life chest.
"
sas115 wrote:
"
droumek wrote:

First of all it was made by using old harvest so its nolonger possible to do it this way.

Secound thing is that IF this writen guide was too hard for you to understand where you have step after step on what to do then theres no way a video will help you at all because it would be the same thing but a lot longer than reading.

Third - You are not even in buget crit version, heck you are somwhere in 30c budget so why the hell your looking for min maxed helmet already when that should be far away from your priorties when your using ngamahu flame and 15% movement speed boots on 5 link 0 life chest.

i did not know it was a min maxed helmet first of all, second im still learning the game i didnt play all the leagues, i didnt even kill elder or shaper in any league, i still have too many things to learn. third im trying to get items based on what i see in pob and guide, that axe was one of your alternatives, and im working on the other parts.
Last edited by droumek on Apr 20, 2021, 5:20:38 PM
Hi great guide thank you just quick question, why do we use flame dash but not level it up. For lower mana costs?
"
droumek wrote:

i did not know it was a min maxed helmet first of all, second im still learning the game i didnt play all the leagues, i didnt even kill elder or shaper in any league, i still have too many things to learn. third im trying to get items based on what i see in pob and guide, that axe was one of your alternatives, and im working on the other parts.

1. Then what was that helmet for hmm? it wasnt in pob for 30c or even 2ex budget nor the 15ex one afterall if you followed those you wouldnt even look at that helmet nor how to craft it given it should be far far ahead of what you need...

2. Not mine but Jenno's (creator of this build) and for 30c budget build sure ngamahu is not bad (since tide breaker is 35c atm which is crazy) but again for 30c early maping that is.

3. If your working on other parts then once again why are you looking for helmet when you have hrimnor? And why are you jumping tiers when your lacking basic items? profane proxy? its not in the 30c as far as i know but tabula on other hand is so where is it on your character hmm? The guide told you to use 2 flasks with freze immunity too when you have freze immunity in helmet?

4. Add me on steam - Shiyo lvl 82 account i will just help you there how to get from early maps up to killing whatever this game offers because its painful for me to look at your suffering and i kinda want people to enjoy the game too.

This offer is up for everyone intrested in learning to grab, though keep in mind im from EU so there may be some difficulties in catching me up especialy that im already going sleep now (23:41 here)

Edit to answer up :

Because of int, you can also use normal dash or any other skill you fancy BUT not leap slam because it uses slam mechanic = wastes our warcries.
Last edited by sas115 on Apr 20, 2021, 5:41:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info