[3.13] CoC Bladefall | Screen-wide 40m+ DPS | 10k+ ES | High defense | Any content | Very expensive

"
pizzazzp wrote:
Thank you for your answer! I think I have to give this build a try now :D

Just to add to my previous answer - it should be fairly possible to convert this build to cold, but you will probably end up with a bit less damage and defenses. And it might be tough to get all the gear together.

On a side note - I'm currently working on a guide for the VD version of this build which is elemental (fire) from the beginning. While I was working on it - I also tried some other elemental spells in a similar setup and a few of them also worked well (Purifying Flame, Detonate Dead, Magma Orb, Wave of Conviction, Arc & Shock Nova), although those were weaker than VD in some aspects.

But as might have noticed all of the spells I mentioned are either fire or lightning, it's a bit different with cold spells because there are just worse for CoC. Cold spells either have low base damage, bad AoE or both problems at once. You can potentially make Glacial Cascade, Freezing Pulse or Ice Nova work in the similar setup to the VD one i'll be posting, but they will still be a lot weaker than fire spells, less convenient and have a worse clearspeed overall.

So my point is - converting Bladefall to cold would certainly be a way better solution if you really want cold damage build, rather than using a cold spell as a base for the build. But maybe we will get some cool new cold spells in the next season :)
Main post reached character limit, so I moved the crafting section into the second post I've reserved long ago. I also added a few notes on beastcrafting in it and will soon add more guides on crafting other items for this build.
hi, i enjoy ur build very much and recently bought an amulet from you in attempt to fit headhunter in. Any idea on which item i can replace other than the amulet? (prev chayula amulet)

i know my sceptre suck ass but i am in midst of crafting one :D
"
thehweisem wrote:
hi, i enjoy ur build very much and recently bought an amulet from you in attempt to fit headhunter in. Any idea on which item i can replace other than the amulet? (prev chayula amulet)

i know my sceptre suck ass but i am in midst of crafting one :D

You certainly need to go back to Presence of Chauyla, it simply has too many bonuses to skip on, I strongly recommend not using anything else in the slot.

Another thing is shield - look for a Titanium Spirit Shield with at least 250+ ES and 15% mana reservation reduction. They're expensive to buy (10-15ex+) but aren't so expensive to craft with Dense+Lucent fossils. In the same 10-15ex you're almost guaranteed to get a better shield than ones that are sold on trade (2-6ex for base, depending on influence and ilvl, rest for fossils). And I wouldn't really bother getting +1 gem mod on it as it's very hard right now and I would rather prioritize defenses, especially with HH.

If you have resistance issues - simply roll better cluster jewels with more resists. Usually it's a much cheaper way to fix resists rather than trying to change expensive pieces of gear with influence/limited mods. In the worst case - just use simple jewels with double resistance & %ES as a temporary solution.

Your weapon is fairly alright, I wouldn't replace it right away. Certainly not the top priority at your current gear state.

You can then look into upgrading your rings & gloves, whichever is easier. And if you are going to run only one curse - it is worth using Assassin's Mark instead of Vulnerability as it's a much higher damage boost for bosses, and outside of bosses curses are mostly irrelevant anyway.

If you really want to invest into +gem levels - find a shavronne's with +2 AoE or Duration gems corruption in implicit, that will be cheaper than a weapon or shield with +1. They go for 30~50ex on average, depending on quality & rolls. That is a big damage boost and certainly worth it.
Also, regarding resistances - you can get a few % from the Militant Faith legion jewel if you would use a proper one (~1ex):
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/8r6XplvIV

If you also want a bit more ES from it (~2ex):
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/GaMpMOSb
Last edited by mgarin on Nov 17, 2020, 8:18:56 AM
I've added a guide on crafting the Assassin's Mark ring - it includes 2 video guides (long & short) and a written step-by-step guide.

I don't think I will be doing another one for Vulnerability ring because it's basically all exactly the same except for the 2nd ring having Warlord influence with Vulnerability modifier instead of Shaper influence with Assassin's Mark modifier. I'll probably just add a small note on that in the post.
I come back to this build and I did small changes here to adapt a explode mace.

I can say my dps is still pretty insane, I do easly simulacrum, delirium 100%, bosses, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39vZ0I2Uggo&ab_channel=SkInS

Simulacrum Boss Deleted in 1s (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2mGUi-NNiw&ab_channel=SkInS)

Last edited by afonsosp on Nov 19, 2020, 3:43:03 PM
tried this build again, but with a higher budget. Ended for now with 9kES and 1m pob dps, if everything is up. So far did all content easy and safe

"
afonsosp wrote:
I come back to this build and I did small changes here to adapt a explode mace.

I can say my dps is still pretty insane, I do easly simulacrum, delirium 100%, bosses, etc.

Don't you have issues with being stunned without Presence of Chayula from time to time though? And I heard that Cyclone has some desync issues when you get stunned (although probably on predictive only?).

Obviously a rare amulet can boost your damage by a lot, but I personally prefer having solid defenses first and then pushing the damage to the limit and Presence of Chayula solves multiple defense issues at once - gives stun immunity, provides a lot of chaos resistance and a lot of extra ES. And it is generally easier to corrupt for +1 curse since you don't need to craft new one if you brick the one you have.

It is up to preference of course and I'm glad you're happy with the setup you have :)
"
tried this build again, but with a higher budget. Ended for now with 9kES and 1m pob dps, if everything is up. So far did all content easy and safe

Sceptre is pretty good, it would be hard to make a better one - would have to RNG annul the multimod and slam a crit multiplier which is certainly not worth it right now.

Shav's corruption is pretty much the best you can get, no surprise you're reaching 1m dps on bladefall in PoB :)

80%+ Spell Damage on shield would be better than +1 phys gems, but that is certainly hard to get outside of harvest - and even with harvest crafting it was quite annoying. Good alternative could be +2 minimum frenzy charges on shield, could potentially just slam 15% mana & +2 min frenzy using awakener's orb a few times until you get decent ES roll. Not sure though if 8% more damage from 2 frenzies would be a damage increase or not, could mess with your aspd balance as well, or fix it if you're missing some.

Assassin's Mark is also currently stronger than Vulnerability vs bosses (since it doesn't get efficiency reduction anymore) so I would personally prefer that if I choose between two, but you can squish both in with some dual-influence rings and either with +1 curse on amulet or Whispers of Doom anointed or taken on the tree. That is actually fairly easy to do, just might be harder to balance resistances and attributes on the gear.

Can also have unnerve (and maybe even culling, but I prefer just unnerve) on gloves. You can have it via clusters of course (cursed enemies are unnerved), but it's a bit of a damage loss overall.

Also you would need a source of fire damage to get benefit from the Cinderswallow, but maybe you had some jewel with flat fire somewhere :)

-

Overall - it's pretty easy to push more damage on this build if you have currency and you're willing to drop some defenses. I personally prefer a bit more balanced option with Rumi's and slightly higher ES on all items whenever possible, plus tailwind as a bit of QoL, since damage isn't really ever a problem past certain level of gear.
Last edited by mgarin on Nov 20, 2020, 11:10:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info