[3.13] CoC Bladefall | Screen-wide 40m+ DPS | 10k+ ES | High defense | Any content | Very expensive

"
Lampra wrote:
hello....i decide to give this build a try in STD.
how you get 100%hit chance on cyclone?i see i have just 82%
am i missing something?

You use a bench craft "Hit's Can't be Evaded" on the weapon (costs 3ex). The downside is that it is going to take a prefix on your weapon, but this particular build doesn't really need anything the 3rd weapon prefix that much.

I considered stacking accuracy on the gear, but it's just a waste of affixes tbh. You already have to get a lot of other stuff - ES, influence mods, damage etc - it would be really hard to cap hit chance on top of that. Plus some map mods might make it more annoying to hit. So the craft is the best way imo.

"
Lampra wrote:
also how do you manage attributes with chayula...it seems i cant.i run astramentis to make it work!!
TY

Get attributes on every item you can - rings, gloves, belt, even shield if needed. It is hard to fix attribute requirements without taking any extra attribute nodes on the tree, but it is possible.

In case you're missing some attributes - you can just use lower level gems, or take stat nodes on the tree. For instance there are only two high-STR requirement gems - Pride & War Banner (155~159 STR) - you can easily use lower-level versions until you get more stats on the gear.

Alternatively - just grab 30 STR/DEX nodes on the tree. But I don't recommend using Astramentis or anything else instead of the Presence of Chayula for multiple reasons:

- You'll be missing stun immunity, which is a big issue
- It's a big ES source for the build
- It's a big chaos resistance source
- It does give you 16 STR & DEX which is something

If you feel that you're lacking attributes too much - you can skip one of the on-hit-curse rings and take an attribute stacking ring instead, something like this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/68z0aDdhG

You can make them yourself as well quite easily with Harvest, but it will be much harder to craft after Harvest is gone (but still possible).

I crafted all the rare items for this build myself in Harvest league, most are pretty easy to make with just a bit of currency investment.
Last edited by mgarin on Sep 8, 2020, 6:27:56 AM
Just a note I wanted to add - this build will be perfectly viable in Heist, but I strongly recommend leaving it for later and not starting season with it. It requires a lot of gear that will be hard to get at the beginning of the season and budget/life versions of this build are a lot worse in every way.

I will update it probably a week or so into Heist according to the skill tree changes.
Any update regarding the skill tree, item choices or cluster jewels?
I'm getting geared up, although very slowly, and I'm having some issues finding gear to fit the build. Since Harvest/item editor league is now over, it's much more difficult/expensive to get some good gear.

Could you maybe elaborate on the most essential stats on each piece of gear. The general rundown of which stats are most important overall is a nice guideline, but I would really appreciate it if you could go into more detail.

Just as an example:
"
Sceptre: +Lvl to Phys Gems > Spell DMG > Spell Crit
Boots: ES > %ES > CDR > Chaos Res > MSpd

Just some general stat priorities would be great!

Also, with curse on hit rings are now much more difficult to get, along with the general nerfs to Ass Mark and Vuln, is Whispers of Doom still our BiS annoint? Perhaps getting Force Shaper or Arcane Swiftness with just one curse ring would be more 'achievable'?

At any rate, thanks for the guide and have a great day.
Whats the budget for this now? 50 ex+?
"
Bjarkil wrote:
Any update regarding the skill tree, item choices or cluster jewels?
I'm getting geared up, although very slowly, and I'm having some issues finding gear to fit the build. Since Harvest/item editor league is now over, it's much more difficult/expensive to get some good gear.

Could you maybe elaborate on the most essential stats on each piece of gear. The general rundown of which stats are most important overall is a nice guideline, but I would really appreciate it if you could go into more detail.

Just as an example:
"
Sceptre: +Lvl to Phys Gems > Spell DMG > Spell Crit
Boots: ES > %ES > CDR > Chaos Res > MSpd

Just some general stat priorities would be great!

Also, with curse on hit rings are now much more difficult to get, along with the general nerfs to Ass Mark and Vuln, is Whispers of Doom still our BiS annoint? Perhaps getting Force Shaper or Arcane Swiftness with just one curse ring would be more 'achievable'?

At any rate, thanks for the guide and have a great day.

This build got hit by patch just a little bit (~5% damage loss), so no major changes needed. Here is the 3.12 PoB: https://pastebin.com/Xd5EG7Yw

It is surely slightly harder to get gear compared to Harvest, but I originally made this build in Delirium where gear was even harder to get than in Heist. In Heist there are a lot of good fractured bases for weapon/rings that can be used to craft early or even endgame versions. Belt & boots are also harder to get with high ES and all influence modifiers, but there are already multiple options available on the trade. Alternatively you can craft those yourself.

-

I wouldn't really list priority for every item because it very often depends on other gear you have. +1 gem can be worse or better than spell damage depending on how much spell damage you already have or what level is your skill gem is. So this won't really be correct in half cases.

As long as you understand which stats benefit you - you're good to go. If you really want to know which upgrade will be better for you - just import your character into PoB (with all gear & traits) and add the item you're thinking to buy, try it on, compare and decide if you need it or not.

-

As for curse on hit rings - they aren't really hard to get. You can slam two influence rings together (with %ES and curse) via Awakener Orb and you will get either fairly strong ring or insane endgame ring. After that just compensate missing attributes or resists with other items if needed. This obviously requires currency investment and result will vary depending on your luck. But I did say multiple times that this is an expensive build to min-max.

Alternatively - just buy ES+curse versions off the trade, there are a lot of them available, I bought quite a few since the league start for only 1-2ex for different builds. Those should be more than enough until you can craft better ones.

-

As for anoint - you only need Whispers of Doom when you have two curse on hit rings, until then Tranquility would be my personal pick.

Best in slot amulet would be Presence of Chayula with Tranquility and corrupted for +1 curse. But there were only a few available in Harvest (~50-70ex), so that is only worth it if you really want to invest into this build.
Last edited by mgarin on Oct 3, 2020, 7:33:06 PM
"
Rakio wrote:
Whats the budget for this now? 50 ex+?

I just respecced my friend yesterday from Bladefall/Blade Blast spellslinger build into this one (gear is almost the same except for weapon, shield & a few gems) and it worked out well. His gear was worth maybe 20-30ex total, still just some starter junk here and there.

There is no set budget, you can get cheap items and it will work, you can get expensive items, jewels and expensive clusters and it will work much better. All depends on how much you can/want to invest.

As a baseline - 5-6ex for 6L Shav, 1-2ex for the amulet and 2-4ex for basic gems and crappy rare/uniques to fill-in other slots. That should be enough to start playing this build. You can also buy some cheap weapon & items with some accuracy to compensate the hit chance until you get good weapon where you can craft "Hits can't be evaded" for 3ex. Plus maybe Precision lvl 20 aura instead of Blood and Sand.
I've updated PoB pastebin to 3.12 and some other minor information in the main post. As I mentioned before - there have been no major changes to this build in 3.12. It only got slightly hit by Assassin ascendancy nerfes (~5% damage loss).

I have looked into some replica uniques and alternative quality gems - there might be some minor upgrades possible. But I'll be keeping the build unchanged for now since we don't know if replicas and alt quality gems will stay after 3.12.
Hey Guys, got ~300ex and wanne try this build, played many CoC builds before, got some question to op about the build/crafting.

1) what are the recommended influence modifier on the shield? Frenzy charges and mana reservation seems to be nice. This would let us the possibility to clean preffixes and slam preffix/ multimod.
Frenzy charges would let us gain damage and attack speed that we probably gonne lack to rech 10 aps.

2) weapon base/ stats?
High base attack speed weapon probably with fractured +1 and essence craft with attack speed. Possible multimod for 2 additional mods?

Also the skill tree was lvl90 optimized, where would be the missing points?
Thinking about to take for 4 points the ES note above scion, and for 5 points the jewel socket near MoM/Scion for a Dominus jewel that let us allocate MoM for the Inner Conviction (3%more spell per Poer Charge)
"
Hey Guys, got ~300ex and wanne try this build, played many CoC builds before, got some question to op about the build/crafting.

1) what are the recommended influence modifier on the shield? Frenzy charges and mana reservation seems to be nice. This would let us the possibility to clean preffixes and slam preffix/ multimod.
Frenzy charges would let us gain damage and attack speed that we probably gonne lack to rech 10 aps.

2) weapon base/ stats?
High base attack speed weapon probably with fractured +1 and essence craft with attack speed. Possible multimod for 2 additional mods?

Thinking about to take for 4 points the ES note above scion, and for 5 points the jewel socket near MoM/Scion for a Dominus jewel that let us allocate MoM for the Inner Conviction (3%more spell per Poer Charge)

1. 15% Mana reservation reduction is mandatory on shield to fit in all auras. Any other stuff is optional. You don't really need frenzy charges to hit the required aps and generally - you need to be careful to not overshoot the cooldown of the CoC with your aps. Blood Rage + fast aspd scepter is enough to hit the required aps number in general. I got frenzy charges just for the extra damage on bosses where you can't gain frenzy charges reliably from Blood Rage, I also had to carefully build around those frenzy charges to hit just the right aps - they do complicate things.

Overall, there are quite a few good things you can find on shield:
- +2 Minimum frenzy charges
- +2 Minimum endurance charges
- Gain endurance, frenzy or power charge on block
- 12% Spell Block
- Recover 5% ES on block
- 50% chance to shock attackers on block
- 5% physical damage reduction

Each of these will boost either your defense or offence capabilities and will be useful. It was pretty easy to craft the shield you want in Harvest, so there you could target the exact mods you wanted, but right now it is probably not worth the effort and I would keep whatever rolls first or whatever I can find on trade for reasonable price.

Also, while those aren't really influence mods - I would value them over the influence ones on the shield:

- Spell damage (70%+)
- +1 Level of all physical skill gems

These would give you a much higher damage boost than the influence mods, but they are way harder to get and they do share prefix space, so it will also be harder to get good ES rolls with those.

---

2. On weapon you're interested in:

- High attack speed (1.85+)
- High base crit chance (8%+)
- Open prefix to craft "Hits can't be evaded"

These are mandatory, but should be pretty easy to get and should be enough for starting the build. The hard part is getting as many of the optional mods as possible:

- Spell damage
- Physical as extra chaos
- Crit multiplier

---

3. In all PoB's I posted there are 2 trees - for level 90 and level 99, the latter shows where you can invest extra points.
Last edited by mgarin on Oct 8, 2020, 3:25:00 AM
Spoiler
"
mgarin wrote:
"

2) weapon base/ stats?

1. 15% Mana reservation reduction is mandatory on shield to fit in all auras. Any other stuff is optional. You don't really need frenzy charges to hit the required aps and generally - you need to be careful to not overshoot the cooldown of the CoC with your aps. Blood Rage + fast aspd scepter is enough to hit the required aps number in general. I got frenzy charges just for the extra damage on bosses where you can't gain frenzy charges reliably from Blood Rage, I also had to carefully build around those frenzy charges to hit just the right aps - they do complicate things.

Overall, there are quite a few good things you can find on shield:
- +2 Minimum frenzy charges
- +2 Minimum endurance charges
- Gain endurance, frenzy or power charge on block
- 12% Spell Block
- Recover 5% ES on block
- 50% chance to shock attackers on block
- 5% physical damage reduction

Each of these will boost either your defense or offence capabilities and will be useful. It was pretty easy to craft the shield you want in Harvest, so there you could target the exact mods you wanted, but right now it is probably not worth the effort and I would keep whatever rolls first or whatever I can find on trade for reasonable price.

Also, while those aren't really influence mods - I would value them over the influence ones on the shield:

- Spell damage (70%+)

These would give you a much higher damage boost than the influence mods, but they are way harder to get and they do share prefix space, so it will also be harder to get good ES rolls with those.

---

2. On weapon you're interested in:

- High attack speed (1.85+)
- High base crit chance (8%+)
- Open prefix to craft "Hits can't be evaded"

These are mandatory, but should be pretty easy to get and should be enough for starting the build. The hard part is getting as many of the optional mods as possible:

- Spell damage
- Physical as extra chaos
- Crit multiplier

---

3. In all PoB's I posted there are 2 trees - for level 90 and level 99, the latter shows where you can invest extra points.

A bit too late, but no problem. Bought / crafted my Gear over the last 2 days. Tried to get the best things what was atm on the market. Not really the ultimate items, but the build is going well atm.

https://pastebin.com/UAepEnX0

If you want, you can take a look on it what you would improve next to make it stronger.

For me the next things would to improve would be:
- Crystal Belt for more ES
- crafted Helmet for more ES/dps (pretty hard to craft)
- a better weapon if I can snipe a good base
- ailment immune would be pog or cannot be frozen on boots to get a free Flask slot
- fire damage somewhere for Cinderswallow flask

All in all the build feels pretty solid, the 2 things I dont like so much atm is the flashy Bladefall skill, and the delay it takes till it hits the enemies, but it's getting better with more enemies. Mostly it sucks a bit in heist.

I changed the tree a bit to my imaginations with taking a Militant Faith for the dmg per power charge, which let us grant a big dps boost.
Also I didnt took Blood Rage, cause I dont like the degen it lets you get aslike the frenzy charges that are only while mapping up. I tried to compensate that with attack speed on gloves, ring and a Cinderswallow which can be a huge Defensive aslike offensive buff. With these changes I can archieve 9.77aps on bosses (if flask is up), an get a free Socket.
Last edited by xXx_Kamikaze_xXx on Oct 8, 2020, 2:01:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info