[3.13] CoC Bladefall | Screen-wide 40m+ DPS | 10k+ ES | High defense | Any content | Very expensive

"
johnny_ko wrote:
Is blade blast really needed? What is purpose of this gem?

"
Heiruspecs wrote:
"
johnny_ko wrote:
Is blade blast really needed? What is purpose of this gem?

I'm wondering this aswell... How much does the cwdt setup actually contribute?

It is optional, but I do recommend having it. First of all - it provides an unnerve source for you early one, and second - it does quite a lot of extra damage. Once triggered - blade explosions might continue for up to a few seconds if you're actively hitting the boss and spawning new blades on the ground.

It does make it hard to fit in all the gems though. So you can alternatively use CWDT with Blade Blast only for unnerve purpose and free two other sockets. You also won't really need crit multiplier on the gloves then.
"
where should I get cooldown reduction on gears if I use HH? and how many?

Check the "Build explanation" section in the post, particularly the "Cooldown recovery speed" part in it (at the bottom). I've slightly updated it according to changes introduced in 3.13.
Any clue on how to craft the belt ? i have complete mastery of harvest and would say most of the crafting but i'm really not sure how to go about since it is so hard to get cooldown recovery t1 % energy shield and something decent (unless with awakener crusader/shaper i guess ?)
Share your ways to craft gear, because for example belt with inc es, flat es, skill cd, stats and res it's incredible. Rings to. Spent about 10 awaken orbs and got trash
Last edited by johnny_ko on Feb 16, 2021, 6:25:43 AM
"
yoshixd wrote:
Any clue on how to craft the belt ? i have complete mastery of harvest and would say most of the crafting but i'm really not sure how to go about since it is so hard to get cooldown recovery t1 % energy shield and something decent (unless with awakener crusader/shaper i guess ?)

I never really crafted belt via awakener orb and I probably wouldn't ever because Harvest will now always be available. There is a simple way:

- Buy ilvl 82+ (or 84+ for T1 resists) crystal belt with Crusader influence
- Roll it with chaos or dense fossils until you get T1 CDR in suffix
- Remove all non-defense prefixes with Harvest/Einhar/annuls
- Augment defense modifier 3x times with all suffixes closed

You will get both flat ES and %ES in result of this because there are only 3 defense prefix modifiers available on Crusader crystal belt.

Obviously you aren't guaranteed to get T1 ES mods, so you might need to clear prefixes and try again if you get really bad ones.

Although if you really don't want to bother with Harvest - then simply awaken %ES (Crusader) and CDR (Shaper) together and hope that you get something decent on the item.
"
johnny_ko wrote:
Share your ways to craft gear, because for example belt with inc es, flat es, skill cd, stats and res it's incredible. Rings to. Spent about 10 awaken orbs and got trash

I've mentioned one way to craft the belt in the post above this one.

As for the rings - I have posted guide for those (and weapon as well) in the 2nd post in this thread. There is even a video guide linked there.

And yes, you will have to use Awakener's Orbs to craft rings, I've used around 40~50 of them in Heist to get close to perfect rings. That being said - it is much easier to modify rings now because Harvest is available once again. So simply adjust whatever you get from Awakener's Orb using Harvest crafting options.
"
yoshixd wrote:

The classic way is to awakener orb a T1 ES% crusader belt with a T1 CDR shaper belt (without harvest). With harvest you can clean it up a bit better, of course.

A cheaper method is to use "Reforge a Rare item, being much more likely to receive the same modifier types" harvest craft on a crusader belt.

Steps:
1.) ilvl 84+ crystal belt
2.) crusader slam, scour, tempering catalysts
3.) spam dense fossil until any tier es%, flat es, and open suffix
4.) craft on cheapest cooldown recovery
5.) reforge with similar modifiers harvest craft

You have about a 50% chance to hit CDR (either T1 or T2). It usually keeps es% and flat es as well, with random tiers. If you fail step 5, go back to step 3.
Hey there! Just swapped my character over to test this out from CoC ball lightning. I'm CI so only running pride, zealotry, and discipline. I'm also block based with es on block, so I'm only running one large cluster, and running brutality instead of getting phys as extra chaos. Anyway, single target damage seems more than enough and clear is better than ball lightning. PoB here: https://pastebin.com/VtCGGzv4 - if you have any suggestions let me know!

For ball lightning, I'm used to standing as far away from bosses as possible. Do you have recommendations for playstyle to get maximum single target damage? Do I want to stand directly over top of them? Or does the bladefall already target directly over the enemy being hit? It's kinda hard to tell with all the green on the screen... (edit: read through the guide fully and saw you recommend standing directly over the boss, oops!)

Thanks!
Last edited by efun on Feb 18, 2021, 4:02:48 AM
"
efun wrote:
Hey there! Just swapped my character over to test this out from CoC ball lightning. I'm CI so only running pride, zealotry, and discipline. I'm also block based with es on block, so I'm only running one large cluster, and running brutality instead of getting phys as extra chaos. Anyway, single target damage seems more than enough and clear is better than ball lightning. PoB here: https://pastebin.com/VtCGGzv4 - if you have any suggestions let me know!

For ball lightning, I'm used to standing as far away from bosses as possible. Do you have recommendations for playstyle to get maximum single target damage? Do I want to stand directly over top of them? Or does the bladefall already target directly over the enemy being hit? It's kinda hard to tell with all the green on the screen... (edit: read through the guide fully and saw you recommend standing directly over the boss, oops!)

Thanks!

For the build/gear - I can only recommend switching to LL and using the tree/nodes that I have in the PoB as it will be much more effective damage-wise and should be more than enough to sustain damage in any scenarios. You will most probably also end up with higher ES with proper gear compared to CI.

As for playstyle - from my latest tests I don't actually think that position matters at all. Triggered spells are targeted at the monster location and Awakened Spell Cascade will simply cast it at four different sides of the target on a slight distance away from it. But due to the AoE of Bladefall - even the casts that are triggered on the sides end up hitting the target anyway, so you should be getting consistent damage output wherever you are.

So I'll need to edit out that remark about standing on top of the target as I did wrongfully think that Bladefall centers on your character and not target (to be honest it is pretty hard to see the difference when your Cyclone AoE is very small).
I've updated the information on positioning in the damage section of the main post to avoid confusion.

So just to make it clear: Positioning doesn't matter as long as you're hitting your target(s) with Cyclone. Bladefall always occur at the position of the enemy you have landed Cyclone crit on that caused the spell trigger.

If you are hitting multiple targets - it will be up to RNG which one is picked as the target. If you are hitting one target - all triggers will occur right on top of it and you will have your maximum possible damage output.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info