[3.13] CoC Bladefall | Screen-wide 40m+ DPS | 10k+ ES | High defense | Any content | Very expensive

Also, I've recently noticed that I had a few mistakes in calculating approximate DPS of this build, especially on bosses.

Base damage per Bladefall hit:
1 rare/unique enemies nearby: 1.09m
0 or 2+ rare/unique enemies nearby: 0.88m

As for aspd - with 3.13 we can have:
Up to ~8.2 attacks per second without Onslaught (so on bosses)
Up to ~9.4 attacks per second with Onslaught (on clear)

Now, one big mistake I've done - I considered that Awakened Spell Cascade casts area spell 4 times:

"
Supported Area of Effect Skills also affect areas in front of, behind, and on each side of the targeted area

But that is actually wrong, it does it 5 times - at location, in front of it, behind it, and on each side of the targeted area, probably relative to your character current location.

With CoC + cyclone - initial spell is always casted on you and the duplicates from cascade are simply thrown in a close proximity to you on different sides.

With that information in mind - we proc 5 Bladefalls 8-9 times/second. If we're using Concentrated Effect - all Bladefalls will be tightly packed around us and each will definitely hit the target (from my experience) at least 1-3 times.

So the result DPS is (with average 2 hits/Bladefall):
- 1x Boss: 1.09m x 8.2aps x 5 x 2 = 89.4m DPS
- 2x Boss: 0.88m x 8.2aps x 5 x 2 = 72.1m DPS
- Clear: 0.88m x 9.4aps x 5 x 2 = 82.7m DPS

Important to note - this will only be your DPS under perfect circumstances:
- You're cycloning right on top of the boss, not near it
- You have Vaal RF up
- You have all flasks up
- You have stacked maximum pride effect stacked on target
- You have maximum spider webs stacked on target
- Enemy is on your consecrated ground

To account for more realistic settings:
- For bosses: -No Vaal RF, -slightly worse positioning
- For clear: -No Vaal RF, -bad positioning, -no spider webs, -enemy is not on consecrated ground, +enemy isn't a boss

Result in more realistic setting:
- 1x Boss: 0.85m x 8.2aps x 4 x 2 = 55.7m DPS
- 2x Boss: 0.68m x 8.2aps x 4 x 2 = 44.6m DPS
- Clear: 0.59m x 9.4aps x 3 x 2 = 33.27m DPS

This will still vary heavily depending on your positioning, consecrated ground, flasks uptime, webs uptime etc. And gear as well - all numbers above are based on my gear from Harvest league which was really good and might now be possible again, but it still wasn't perfect and can be upgraded further.

I will probably add this information in the topic for anyone curious and I've updated the title to say 40m+ DPS as this is something you can realistically expect on bosses (even in worst case scenario) with good enough gear.
Last edited by mgarin on Jan 15, 2021, 3:45:00 AM
Do you have a PoB with some realistic gear?
"
yusayu wrote:
Do you have a PoB with some realistic gear?

Define realistic.

All the items I have in the showcase are by no means mirror-tier items and are pretty realistic to make (or even straight up buy), given you have currency for it and some crafting knowledge. Also I did replicate most of Harvest items in Heist, so those are also entirely possible to get without Harvest crafting (although we are getting some of it back now).

Overall - this build is not really designed to be run on a budget and I tried to highlight that in a few places in the main post. Don't expect it to work well without some critical items like Awakened Spell Cascade, -15% reservation on shield, Shavronne's Wrapping, decent weapon and good cluster jewels.

But, going back to your question - no, unfortunately I don't have other versions of PoB and I don't plan to add them for now. I've tried making a more budget version of the build, but it becomes quite underwhelming and, in my opinion, worse than some other builds available for the same or even lower investment price.

If you just want to see what the DPS will be with slightly less high-end/expensive items - just strip any stats from gear in PoB that you consider unrealistic for yourself (like any influence mods, corruptions, high tier mods etc). That should do the trick.

And if you want to start new league on this build - do it at your own risk, I personally wouldn't recommend it. This build is not a great starter because, as I already mentioned, it relies on a at least a few expensive endgame items that simply won't be available early on new league or will be extremely expensive.
Last edited by mgarin on Jan 15, 2021, 12:39:57 PM
Is the life gain on hit nessesary? i was able to get a double dmg pride and mana as es clarity watchers and was thinking about running this build, but if i need the gain on hit then I'm kinda boned.
"
AlmightyDrake wrote:
Is the life gain on hit nessesary? i was able to get a double dmg pride and mana as es clarity watchers and was thinking about running this build, but if i need the gain on hit then I'm kinda boned.

If you mean "ES on hit while affected by Discipline" watcher's eye mod - it's not necessary, but it's a great ES sustain tool. I would rather have it than extra damage under Pride tbh, finding both will obviously be hard since people will instantly buy those or list them for unreasonable prices.

Alternatively - you can use Pride mod and spec into Ghost Reaver keystone instead of some damage/attribute nodes and simply sustain through leech, it also works just fine. That way you can get up to 3-4k ES/sec leech, but that is still less than you get with 30 ES/hit from the watcher's eye mod with Bladefall, especially in crowded delirium maps or Simulacrum. On bosses both variants are pretty much equal.

TL;DR: It's not necessary, there are alternatives, but it will provide you with higher ES sustain.
Hey this build seems just up my alley, and i've managed to buy a Shav's, chayula, thread of hope and the cluster bases needed. but when putting that together and some more budget rares i wind up with around 30-50k avg bladefall damage. and on your PoB even if i were to remove most of your gear you will still outperform me by a country mile.

I've made sure to check the config so it is the same as yours as well.
Any chance you could give me some help? i'd really love to play this build this league. Great job with it, and thanks beforehand :)
Hey, I decided that this is what im gonna do with my 45 ex in league right now, since I am already playing a LL build I have shavs and presence anyway (shavs is even 3g 3b lol). I made a pretty good sceptre with t2 speed t1 crit +1 phys and hits cant be evaded (can even slam crit suffix if I want to, and open prefix for aspect). Now I made a shield and its time for the helmet now:
Now, I bought a hubris circlet with the enchant, what I didn't think about, was that you obviously cant target +1 power charge and roll it with defences in any way.... Obviously the best thing would be to make a helmet with an Awakaner Orb, but I don't think I wanna risk getting 110 ES on that, since right now I dont have money for multiple tries (made the ring tho, turned out alright).
So my question is: Better get a regular elder hubris circlet and craft high ES and the nearby enemies mod on it (cause thats pretty easy), or just craft the helmet with the volley with high ES? I dont know whats better dmg or clear wise?
"
ZeruxiPhantom wrote:
Hey this build seems just up my alley, and i've managed to buy a Shav's, chayula, thread of hope and the cluster bases needed. but when putting that together and some more budget rares i wind up with around 30-50k avg bladefall damage. and on your PoB even if i were to remove most of your gear you will still outperform me by a country mile.

I've made sure to check the config so it is the same as yours as well.
Any chance you could give me some help? i'd really love to play this build this league. Great job with it, and thanks beforehand :)

I peeked at your character (I guess it is ZeruxiPhantom?) - you're missing a lot of things tbh, so it's not a surprise you're lacking a lot of damage. To name some:

- 6L on Shavronne's - this is a big deal, two extra support gems will more than double your damage

- Having 21/20 or at least 20/20 gems makes a big difference. As well as having Awakened support gems

- Your sceptre is almost completely useless in your current setup - for instance physical damage % does nothing because it only applies to attacks, I recommend you to check the crafting section in the 2nd post in this thread where I mentioned all the mods you want on the weapon

- You don't have any curse-on-hit rings, those add a lot of extra damage, especially Assassin's Mark against bosses

- You don't have any % increase spell damage on either sceptre, shield or rings (rings is tough, but you can have it on sceptre/shield)

- You have quite random selection of cluster jewels - I recommend checking the exact nodes I have on the PoB, for instance you do want to have 4x medium clusters all with at least Pressure Points notable - you have only 1

- You're missing a Watcher's Eye & Transcendent Flesh jewels - those can both be quite a big damage increase

- Then there are other things that can be even more expensive to get like Bottled Faith, CDR on belt/boots, tailwind, unnerve gloves, power charge & -% fire res on helmet, helmet enchant, double-corrupted Shavronne's with +gem levels etc

All these things together make a big difference. This is why I try to emphasize that this build doesn't work well on a low budget, but performs extremely well on a high budget.

For you - I would recommend to start focusing on one upgrade at a time for now. First thing you really need to get is the 6L Shavronne's, from there I would recommend buying Awakened Spell Cascade, other upgrades are more minor and you can choose what you want first.

Hope this helps.
"
TrafficLi9HT wrote:
Hey, I decided that this is what im gonna do with my 45 ex in league right now, since I am already playing a LL build I have shavs and presence anyway (shavs is even 3g 3b lol). I made a pretty good sceptre with t2 speed t1 crit +1 phys and hits cant be evaded (can even slam crit suffix if I want to, and open prefix for aspect). Now I made a shield and its time for the helmet now:
Now, I bought a hubris circlet with the enchant, what I didn't think about, was that you obviously cant target +1 power charge and roll it with defences in any way.... Obviously the best thing would be to make a helmet with an Awakaner Orb, but I don't think I wanna risk getting 110 ES on that, since right now I dont have money for multiple tries (made the ring tho, turned out alright).
So my question is: Better get a regular elder hubris circlet and craft high ES and the nearby enemies mod on it (cause thats pretty easy), or just craft the helmet with the volley with high ES? I dont know whats better dmg or clear wise?

I would start with Elder hubris because it's way easier to craft with higher ES and maybe even some resists. Then, once you have some currency, try awakening warlord's +1 power charge with elder mod.

Difference between two is pretty minor. Power charge is mostly QoL for times during Bottled Faith downtime & a slight damage increase. Elder mod is a straight up damage increase at all times.

It is even possible that you have some other bigger and cheaper upgrades still available, like some jewels or other influence mods.
trying your build this league, seems fun so far!
Last edited by Akisailent on Jan 23, 2021, 3:16:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info