Harvest Statistics: Challenges and Seeds

The harvest portal was worth grinding to 36 challenges, while I felt the Delirium wings were not. (I actually like the Delirium cloak more than the wings.)
"
japaloco wrote:
I absolutely LOVE this league I've never had such insane items crafted by myself it really feels great. That's the most time I've played a league. Surely there is corona to consider but damn it is keeping me playing, the possibility to upgrade every single item equipped ever so slightly without having to spend hundreds of exaltes is insane for someone like me that like to min-max(in my terms) one character every league. I have 520h /played on it. Almost over with end game grinds, missing 16 Sirus. And pretty much best items in every socket except a double/triple watchers eye which requires a ton of exalts, which I might consider as the last cherry on top.

BTW, is it good to make challenges that force players play 10-15 hours per day for weeks (see the 520 hours spent above) to get them?
The challenges this league was a bit harder to earn compared to last league. Some takes time to finish for the 36 challenges. But the driving force for me is the portal effect that really lead me to get 36 challenges.

Some challenges took more RNG to proc and finish more than the others. I personally think that the RNG factor for completing challenges should be a little bit lower. Considering that, I don't want to completely remove the RNG factor since it's part of why it's called "challenge". I prefer for it to be harder, skill based even, for the challenges to be completed more than RNG focused.
"
MaximGorkij wrote:
"
japaloco wrote:
I absolutely LOVE this league I've never had such insane items crafted by myself it really feels great. That's the most time I've played a league. Surely there is corona to consider but damn it is keeping me playing, the possibility to upgrade every single item equipped ever so slightly without having to spend hundreds of exaltes is insane for someone like me that like to min-max(in my terms) one character every league. I have 520h /played on it. Almost over with end game grinds, missing 16 Sirus. And pretty much best items in every socket except a double/triple watchers eye which requires a ton of exalts, which I might consider as the last cherry on top.

BTW, is it good to make challenges that force players play 10-15 hours per day for weeks (see the 520 hours spent above) to get them?

LoL don't miss represent what I said by looking at your challenges counter you're lazy. You can EASILY do 26 challenges in a day if you stop to read each one and go for it, and ~2weeks 36.
The only challenge that require that amount of time is ENG GAME GRINDS because spawning 50 Sirus takes a shit ton of time SOLO without rushing through maps, but it's for those 0.0x% people that want 40 challanges and that is fine. They are fucking CHALLANGES you don't call a CHALLANGE something any one can do in 1 day otherwise it's pointless and doesn't feel rewarding displaying my big totem challenges in my hideout.
The only problem is when they stop people to do it behind RNG like winged scarabs. If you asked me to upgrade 300 scarabs instead of upgrade 14 different scarabs with god knows what chance to get them I'd do it because I know my progress and how long till I'll get there.

Sincerely every league we have problem with challenges like that and I feel like people who write the challenges are not the ones that balance the drop, appearance of the league mechanics.
Last edited by japaloco on Jul 29, 2020, 11:55:28 AM
As someone with not so great clear the challenges this league are pretty tedious. If they don't involve RNG, they involve a shitton of currency like the Winged Scarab challenge. I would say the only reason I'm bothering this league is because it's been several years since my last 36 and I would bet an exalt next league will have awful looking challenge rewards in comparison to this one. Delirium's rewards didn't look all that great and Metamorph had ugly ones except for the portal.
Last edited by Moerlin on Jul 29, 2020, 12:00:42 PM
Cool and all but when are the black boxes vulkan bug going to be fixed.
Drivers upto date.
I got 36 challenges, I frequently get 36 challenges, but this league I actively avoided getting 36 challenges until I completed my other league goals because I didn't want to goof up my totem by accidentally getting 37.

I did want to say that this is the best Path of Exile league there has ever been. While I normally bum rush 36 challenges as soon as I get my character to an OK spot then quit the league, this league I pushed to level 100 for the first time, got full atlas completion, mirror tier gear in every slot, bought an influenced headhunter and skin transferred a normal headhunter onto it just to flex on people, and very literally mirrored my own weapon to use in my offhand. This league is amazingly good and this is the longest I've actively played a league. The deterministic crafting has allowed me to stay interested in upgrades much longer than I normally would.

The challenges were easy enough, but, the shaper one is kind of a crapshoot because the beam hits you before its on your screen, and the balls in the "to me exile" phase desync even on lockstep as Neon discussed at exilecon. You can fail the challenge in Uber elder but killing uber elder without getting hit by shaper doesn't clear the challenge. Feels bad. I could've probably done it, but it just feels kind of unfair.

Alright, that's all I got, hopefully someone read this.
Last edited by Vedgy on Jul 29, 2020, 12:04:12 PM
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
most boring league and skipped all harvest encounters. pls dont add to core

+1 this seed crap sucks

ya!! most boring league ever!!

and the server so potato!! so lag!! LoL
I think delirium challenges were a little bit easier than the harvest ones. The portal was definetely a motivation, but some challenges were way too easy too, like the harvest encounters, even the 'harvest the heart of the grove conditionally'.
I love challenges and i try to make at least 36 every league, but they seem to be getting easier by the time, almost like a learning curve for the league instead of a real challenge. You don't even have to focus and you end up completing 20 challenges. I would vote for harder challenges for top rewards, but with really good stuff as motivation (portal is fine, delirium wings not that much tho)
Indeed, as far as i'm concerned, i only make the effort of completing challenges up to the portal.

If no portal, i don't bother with it too much.
Last edited by HURTIANCZ on Jul 29, 2020, 12:11:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info