Harvest Statistics: Challenges and Seeds

"
JuldaFulda wrote:
So what we know from comments :

MOST of 30+ challeges done is on SC.
SC noobs says its easy, couse they can buy everything (and they are rewarded ofc couse they buy challenges for currency :D True heroes).
PoE have problem with bots (farmers and traders)
What GGG do :
Balance game to SC players,[Removed by Support]

This is exactly what GGG want ...

When you make challanges still harder, you do 2 things GGG :
1. Casual players leave that shit, couse dont have time to grind that. HC die much more ofc, couse GGG fck on it.
2. More money for botters, couse players buy more currency!

Respect for someone who make challenges alone w/o support that shit, and primary on HC or SSF <3

Maybe GGG can show us challenges for SC/HS and SSFs :D Common GGG do that, with playerbase :D

Big words from someone who hasn't done a single end-game encounter.

L33t player right there.
"
did you feel that the challenges were easier this league, was the reward a driving motivator for you, or was it something else? Let us know!

I tough that reach 36 challanges was more hard than Delirium league, and I felt really less motivating about MTX rewards this league.

Regards.
"
DiscoMonkeyy wrote:
40 challenges in Delirium, 24 challenges and probably not going to bother playing Harvest anymore. This set of challenges is definitely harder. 50 sirus? 500 delve nodes? Delve boss(gl) at 83? 10k map tiers? 5 essence? T3 sacrifice room? Reading those really turned me off.

Why the scarab challenge though?? Please enlighten me. Literally buying challenges (RIP SSF, imagine playing SSF in 2020).

Edit: acutally maybe il do 28 :)

A couple you listed are not even that bad. The biggest joke of a challenge on the entire list of challenges by far is the Complete 300 waves of monsters in the Simulacrum. Now, I get that you can skip that one, but its not even a challenge, its a joke and should not be on the list to begin with.

I mean I have pretty much quit this league since I beat pretty much all end game bosses (except uber atziri), and kind of got bored. But, I have nearly 9000 map tiers done, and have received a total of 213 Simulacrum splinters, and I know I probably am not running Deliriums super efficiently but they rarely spawn now.

So, at the current market price of 230c per Simulacrum, and you needing to FULLY complete 15 simulacrums, thats 3,450c in Simulacrums needed to even attempt it. HELLO, GGG? ANYONE HOME? I am not SSF, but how can a SSF player even TOUCH this challenge unless they played 24 hrs a day, every day, all league? Whoever thought up this challenge and approved it needs to take a step back and consider these things. It is NOT a challenge, its a joke.
I only played in the first 10 hours and got 7 challenges. Seems like I did pretty well for the time spent.
"
Diablo_4_ever wrote:
"
lukaspark wrote:
"
We're certainly interested in hearing from those of you that did hit 36 challenges this league

Yeah, we already know you're only interested in what the 0.38% of the playerbase thinks about the league and don't give a single crap about the other 99.62%. No need to remind us about that.
+1
ggg gave up on the 99% along time ago and just pander to the 1% and streamers.

The 99% have jobs and disposable income and DO NOT want poe as a second job. We want to play the game, END GAME, get good gear and enjoy it, this rng bullshit and 1% pandering turns SOOO many players away and is the reason why poe isn't growing any new players.

+1
RNG should never be part of a challenge..

I don't generally care about "wings" as the vast majority of them just gets in the way.. but I do like my portals and aura effects and such..

but even the portals becomes less important with RNG based challenges...

it's not a _challenge_.. it's just luck.. or a promotion to pay for

if you really cannot come up with challenges that are not such a tedious boring and un-fun thing to try.. maybe you should like.. REDUCE THE NUMBER OF CHALLENGES..

this.. and the ever increased number of "timed" mechanics.. is the most likely causes that will make me quit PoE for good.

I'm not sure I will actually get to 36 this league.. and I'm loosing interest really really fast.. the only thing that is keeping me going now is that I'm actually having fun crafting for a change.

also, all this conditional boss bullshit.. it's bullshit..

I still love Path of Exile.. but the increasing number of just.. irritations.. is wearing me out faster and faster

we still have not heard anything about a "solution" for the tabs that was touted on reddit in the "emergency put out fire" post by Chris
generally dangerous
Last edited by philosoaper on Jul 29, 2020, 8:42:30 AM
My piece on the challenges:

I felt for a long while that they are harder this league, and this is probably the case until a certain point where you get a stream of the harvest related challenges all at once.

Challenges I really did not enjoy:
14 Winged scarabs (Obviously) terrible balance choice 5.64% of T3 seeds were scarab modifying, call it a 50/50 when using flowers that you get a winged scarab one (over estimate IMO). So you'll need to get 28 T3 vivid watchers. 5.64% of T3 being vivid watcher means you need 17.73 T3 seeds per 1 vivid watcher, * 28 for the 50% chance 14 times gives a total of 496 T3 seeds. Call it a 1/10 chance for a T3 to drop from a T2 (over estimate again!) you need to get seeds you need 4960, then again a 1/10 (Likely an over estimate again!) you need to get 49600 T1 seeds drop to finish this challenge.

A high estimate for a high quant T16 may be 25 seeds per map, so 1984 maps at that tier need to be ran to get all the seeds. WTF? Call it 4 mins per map including selling time and clearing stash e.t.c. Again, going rather fast there GGG, 132 hours of focused mapping time. I work 10-12 hour days and simply cannot do this. The winged scarab challenge is INCREDIBLY unfair IMO.

Other than winged scarab, shaper without being hit SUCKED but is probably a good 40/40 challenge, so nice one for that. 5 essence however is NOT. Way too much RNG there, not enough ability to target farm it without essence being a zana mod. Please do not do this one again without thinking about how players can farm it.

I think in future, challenges should be designed so that they can be targeted in more than just "run maps fast" or should have enough alternatives (Use these harvest crafts is a good example) for the high RNG ones (6 link craft) not to really matter in the long term.

I hope this gets read!
"
most boring league and skipped all harvest encounters. pls dont add to core

+1 this seed crap sucks

challenges are fine, the usual super rng and grinds. But what I would really like to GGG to answer is: Why are they making 36 challenges where only 1/2 of 1% ever achieve them? Do they really see this as a motivating factor for players? This is such a low percentage. It seems like a waste of developers time to make challenges and rewards that so few players ever achieve. I stopped worrying about challenges several leagues back because the crazy level of rng or grind, not challenge.
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
"
AcidRizzle wrote:

A couple you listed are not even that bad. The biggest joke of a challenge on the entire list of challenges by far is the Complete 300 waves of monsters in the Simulacrum. Now, I get that you can skip that one, but its not even a challenge, its a joke and should not be on the list to begin with.

Party up (120 waves there) or farm juiced promenades. Which arent that bad? I recognise a few or most of them can be BOUGHT but the others? Nty im not farming sulphite and delving five HUNDRED nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info